Thread: Deepest regrets, mates.

Lord Saika Magoichi Member Seign Thelas's Avatar

Default Deepest regrets, mates.

I'm putting the ROTK IH to rest officially. The giant pause in the game was due to other obligations (school, work, family). Although I would like to finish it, I lost my place in it, and the stats were too complex for me to keep up with regularly. Really, it's my fault for the failure of the game. My goal now is to make a simplistic but fun IH, combining elements from my RPG style game, as well as my large scale game. I have a rough blueprint that is somewhat of a spin off of the Sengoku Jidai IH. Does anyone have any comments or questions?

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

Default Re: Deepest regrets, mates.

I'm sorry to hear that, I was a huge fan of the ROTK IH. Please don't do Sengoku Jidai though, as Japanese history is boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Agreed, do one on the German states in the middle ages.

Or Dark Ages Britain (Saxons, Danes, Britons)... lovely small armies, skimishes, diplomacy reliant etc:D :)

shieldwall vrs shieldwall and slaughter ahhhhhhh the simplicity...
    In the absence of orders, find something and Kill it - Erwin Rommel

Quote Originally Posted by DemonArchangel
    I'm sorry to hear that, I was a huge fan of the ROTK IH. Please don't do Sengoku Jidai though, as Japanese history is boring.
    Have to disagree strongly there.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, it would be rather pointless, as there is already Kage's Sengoku Jidai IH, which is being done very well, imo, so I don't really see any need for another.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Well...the idea can be converted to any era other than the modern one, really.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

What about the Two Kingdoms game?

France versus England. Adapt it for less players, and you have a good game going on there.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

The thing is with this idea, the amount of players is unlimited. It would be fun with 2 players or 20 players.
    Last edited by Seign Thelas; 02-20-2008 at 17:23.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I am refering to an idea posted in teh gameroom, which didnt make it.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

U could do it completely different and do an actual Army Campaign... say Italian/Prussian under Napleon and people play as divisional/corps commanders (no overall commander so there conflicting interests.. people must work with each other to win) but a general of each team that forwards to plan to yourself and is the main man of the team.. but doesn't get overall command) He will decided where reinforcements will be utilized (given to which division)

Detailed map of the Campaign will be used for everything i.e. tropps positions.. supplies.. communications etc
    .. division positions will be forwarded with coordinates to the game runner etc

Enemy positions will be found with recon... we automatically be found if they move extremely close together... (unless ambushing etc.. or take out scouts, the usual)

The game runner will just, take in information from both sides... compare and decide the outcome of battle i.e. terrain.. firepower... specific battleplans, decide what reinforcements will be sent to the armies etc (if any)

Can add the Italian states/German states depending on what campaign is picked *more people??*

Would spread the load out to the main runner and 2 deputies that are actually playing

this can be done in any era but napoleonic was easier to explain :D

just an idea but i have explained it terribly haha

It was something along those lines but less Napoleon as he is largely uninteresting to me and in my opinion was very overrated.

Read David Chandler on his Italian campaign... man was pure genius... albeit a tosser in his later campaigns ;)

It was just the easiest way to explain it :D (men were all ready in divisions and there already a campaign that would work hehe)

Sad to see it end seignthelas...

It seems your quite attached to Asian history; so I suggest maybe something involving Asia in the 19th Century? If not maybe something to do with the Mongol Invasion (More like a one where everyone plays) Either way I am sure you'd get some Players; I'd happily join. You could mould any idea with the concept but not every idea will attract a lot of Player's. I'd say stay away from the time area's you've covered and 1500 - 1650 era. That defintely leaves you options though.
    Last edited by Baby Boomer; 02-22-2008 at 08:11.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Sorry to see it end, though I never got a chance to play in it. I like Ravie's idea and would definately play something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.