Thread: Able to play for two days but now CTD´s 10 min after strarting campaign

Default Able to play for two days but now CTD´s 10 min after strarting campaign

First of all Hi. I´m new to this mod althoug I have been reading it for a couple of days. I would be eternally greatfull to anybody who could help me.

It´s been already a week since I have this problem. It took me more than two days to install EB and be able to play it and I was quit excited. But now it seems that the mod no longer likes me and it CTD´s 10 min after starting a campaign. I am quit dissapointed as I did experience this great mod but now I can´t any longer. I have also installed all the permanent and temporally fixes and the problem persist.

I have seen you are helping people quit well so I hope you can also help me. Please I want to play as Epeiros and crush those arrogant romans.

Hoping somebody will answer the call.

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

Default Re: Able to play for two days but now CTD´s 10 min after strarting campaign

Default Re: Able to play for two days but now CTD´s 10 min after strarting campaign

Sorry. Didn´t know that one. Here is the link to the saved game:http://www.axifile.com/index.php#FileInfo1. I think I did it right one, but It´s the first time I do this, so please tell me if I have done anything more wrong.
    The problem is that, as I said before, even with all the temporary and permanent fixes installed the game CTD´s after a few minutes playing. It happen´s either in the campaign map or the battle map. And also in the custom battles. This is the firts mod I try which deserves trying to repear it.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the savegame . So, are there any rebellious cities anywhere on the map?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Just to make sure I understand this correctly:
    1) You start a campaign;
    2) You get to see the map and all that;
    3) You don't do anything;
    4) It CTD's after ~10 mins?

Or you did do something within those 10 mins?
    Like pressing end turn? (See Bovi's post then.)

If "really, honestly, I swears I didn't do jack at all" - etc. etc. then maybe the following things might help you a bit:
    1) Did you install or update software? Pay particular notice to any Graphics Card drivers you have installed between the first few happy days and the CTD-ones.
    2) Did you install or upgrade hardware? (Mostly covered by (1) since most hardware requires drivers anyways, still...)
    3) Did you raise settings in EB? What happens if you lower them?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    Thanks for the savegame . So, are there any rebellious cities anywhere on the map?
    Certainly there are. Actually I was heading to Thermon.

I haven´t tryed loading the campaign and doing nothing but when it CTD´s doesn´t seem for a particullar reason. Sometimes happens when selecting a unit in the battle, others when selecting a settlement. It´s quit strange.
    And I haven´t installd any new program, software or hardware. But I may have changed the technical caractertistics. I´ll try to down the unit size and the anti-alising.

Thanks both for the quick reply and sorry for my delayal at answering but my acces to internet is limitated.

You may have misunderstood me. Not rebellious as in eleutheroi, but rebellious as in ready to revolt. Revolting cities are a source of CTDs.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    You may have misunderstood me. Not rebellious as in eleutheroi, but rebellious as in ready to revolt. Revolting cities are a source of CTDs.

Sorry. I did misunderstand you. Forgive my bad english. About yout answer there is not any rebellious city. I´m playing as Epeiros and I havent had time to expand enough or angry enough people.

Thanks for the quick answers

I have a problem finding time to test all the games that are submitted, so I try to help people help themselves first. In this case, I'm pretty sure it's a matter of a rebellion somewhere, not necessarily of your cities. Use the toggle_fow cheat to see the rest of the map, then press end turn and see at which point the game crashes.

Check all the cities of the faction that makes its turn just before crashing, and also the 2-3 factions that are after that one in the turn sequence. If you do find one or more rebellious cities, use the add_population cheat to reduce their population and thereby increase the stability. If they are still rebellious, there are other measures you can take.

================
    ================

Thank´s, I´ll do that. But I don´t know what is what you are recommending. Where do I have to make the cheat and how, sorryfor my ignorance but I´m useless on informatic.

I understand your time problem and I will be patience.

Press the key directly below Esc on your keyboard. It is likely either a | or a ~, but could be something else. In the console that appears, type the cheats in. See http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...war/hints.html for more information on each cheat, or search out the information in the forums.

================
    ================

Caristan, you wouldn't happen to be using Vista and have installed RTW to the Program Files folder, have you?

Thank´s bovi, I´ll try that but I can´t do it until monday. And I don´t have vista, I have xp and I have installed it in archivos de programa, wich is program files but in spanish. Although I do have a program files file where most of my games install, but rome asked me to do it in the archivos de programa folder.

Thanks anyway for your atention. As I said I´ll try it on monday. Thanks guys