Thread: Am I doing something wrong?

EB Concept Artist Member fenix3279's Avatar

Default Am I doing something wrong?

Hello there.
    I just recently bought RTW BI because I've heard it enhances the gameplay experience of EB. The problem is that I can't seem to get it to install correctly. I know how to install it on the original RTW but things are done differently for BI. Can someone tell me of any mistakes I'm making in the downloading process?

First - I install RTW 1.5 (gold)
    Second - I install BI
    Third - I install the latest EB 1.0 (?) version

After that, I try to play but it won't load the game.

I am certain there must be some patches that are required for BI but I cannot find them. If you see anything wrong with my method, please tell me. Also, If you know of any patches that are recommended for download, that information would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks for your help
    My balloon collection

That which does not kill me makes me stronger ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

When you smoke the herb, it reveals to yourself ~ Bob Marley

Default Re: Am I doing something wrong?

You're an EB member, right? Check your welcome thread for how to get the internal build.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    You're an EB member, right? Check your welcome thread for how to get the internal build.
    does that mean the internal build allows you to play with BI exe as well as 1.5 by default, without going through hell of changes by yourself?

No, it just means he shouldn't use 1.0. I'm sure the same procedure applies to use BI. I haven't tried that.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EB Concept Artist Member fenix3279's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    No, it just means he shouldn't use 1.0. I'm sure the same procedure applies to use BI. I haven't tried that.
    Wow, I had no idea. Haha, I guess you can tell I'm still pretty new at this.
    My balloon collection

That which does not kill me makes me stronger ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

When you smoke the herb, it reveals to yourself ~ Bob Marley

The exists an automated installer for BI, made by someone not on the EB team (so don't complain to us if you can't get it to work ) ... You ought to be able to find it inside the Unofficial Submods section of the fora pretty easily.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.