Thread: So who gets the province?

Last night, playing Takeda on hard, I attacked the Imagawa in Suruga. My ally, Oda, also attacked at the same time and for the first time ever I had a battle with three armies on the field. It was all good fun, we won, but Oda then got to keep the province .

A little while ago, as Oda on hard, I attacked the Shimazu in Higo. My ally Imagawa also attacked, but this time there was no battle (for me at least), and the upshot was I ended up back where I'd come from, the Shimazu army was in its castle, and Imagawa had the province. The same thing then happened the following season in Buzen!

Does the AI always get to keep the goods in these situations, or how does it work?
    The general claimed the troops owed their victory to him, but in truth they knew it was their gift to the general.

Quote Originally posted by Karhu:
    Last night, playing Takeda on hard, I attacked the Imagawa in Suruga. My ally, Oda, also attacked at the same time and for the first time ever I had a battle with three armies on the field. It was all good fun, we won, but Oda then got to keep the province .

A little while ago, as Oda on hard, I attacked the Shimazu in Higo. My ally Imagawa also attacked, but this time there was no battle (for me at least), and the upshot was I ended up back where I'd come from, the Shimazu army was in its castle, and Imagawa had the province. The same thing then happened the following season in Buzen!

Does the AI always get to keep the goods in these situations, or how does it work?
    [/QUOTE]

Ave!

I have already met with this problem, though i'm a new general in the Shogun's battlefield. My clan is the Takeda. Last week i attacked Mushasi (normal level), and my ally, Uesugi helped me. There was no battle, because the Mushasi ronins left the province immediately. I think in spite of my army was greater, the province became Uesugi territory.

Senior Member Senior Member Draksen's Avatar

Konnichiwa Karhu san !

Just a word about something that is absolutely off topic (sorry for that):

Your name, Karhu, means a bear
    (the animal) in finnish.

But... great choice in fact !

Because Shogun Totalwar is a game taking place in Japan, you should have chosen "KUMA"...(bear in japanese)

Sayoonara !
    What I hate the most:

1-discussing politic with ignorant american teens.

2-discussing politic with ignorant british teens.

Member Member celtiberoijontychi's Avatar

AFK the bigger army gets the province

------------------
    Long live Celtiberos
    Glory and Honour to Clan Celtiberos
    Gloria y honor al Clan Celtiberos
    Glory and Honour to Clan Celtiberos

I've won the provinces before, so I know you can. The green/red bar over your map window (winning indicator) may have something to do with it. When I fought my last 3-way, it was mostly green (I had done rather well) and I ended up with the province. In another battle, I stood back and let my ally handle then enemy, and after the fight, HE got the province. This doesn't help answer the question, but at least it's more random data to chew on....

-- B)

General rank has also been speculated to be one of the deciding factors.

We'd need field tests, but this whole event is so rare... Maybe in the expansion, then.

------------------
    "3. Jin: universal love, benevolence toward mankind; compassion."
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Banzai: Yes, the army with the longest green bar getting the province would make sense in my case too - my ally rushed in to do most of the fighting. Why though when two clans move into a province at the same time is there sometimes a three-way battle, and sometimes just a normal battle with someone (the human player?) getting left behind?

celtiberoijontychi: the larger army getting the province might work sometimes, but I'm not sure it does all the time (see also Hanasuke's post above).

Draksen (this is VERY off topic): I lived in Finland for two years + five summers, and was very taken with the country, the people and the language. You know: 15 cases, a verb for 'no' but no verb for 'to have', a different dialect in virtually each patch of forest, etc etc. I chose 'Karhu' partly for the meaning (didn't want the word for rabbit), and partly because it's relatively straightforward (unlike, say, 'yoetyoelaeinen' or 'night-worker', which would have been more accurate when I'm playing STW). Unfortunately Japanese is not one of my languages .

Hanasuke: Welcome!

The general claimed the troops owed their victory to him, but in truth they knew it was their gift to the general.

Anssi: Saw your post after I sent the last one. Could be General rank, I don't remember the relative levels from the times it happened to me. I'm not sure it's so rare, though, especially as the AI gets to see where you're attacking before nipping the attack in the bud by marching in itself.

Hmmm, try marching behind your ally, then when he is attacking the enemy, backstabb him from behind You should get high kills, plus he weakened the enemy for you. I haven't play a 3-way in campaign, but I think I'll try this if it ever comes up
    - A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
    - The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.