Thread: Barrack problems Romani

ETW Steam: Little Fox Member mini's Avatar

Default Barrack problems Romani

Alrighty

I've conquered my way down to Sicily and Africa, but I never seem to be able to build faction barracks.

Is it because of the GovII type buildings?

But I recall I built a type I in Rhegion, and I cannot build a faction barrack there, neither can I in Taras (which also has a type I)

To the north I can only build one in Segesta, while Bononia also has type I and there I cannot build one.

Is it because I always destroy enemy barracks or something? When i conquer I usually destroy a shitload of buildings (the enemy gov types and recruit buildings)

It's really annoyin tbh, I thought that atleast Bononia, Taras and Rhegion would still be able to place faction barracks.

As for the govII type province: normally i can build my core troops there too, no?

really, I'm at a loss.

Lightbulb Re: Barrack problems Romani

During the Camillian era, the Romans can only build factional MICs in their starting cities and Segesta. Once you hit the Polybian era, you can build them everywhere in Italy, but you'll have to wait until the Marian era before you can build them everywhere.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Default Re: Barrack problems Romani

It's in the FAQ, too.
    IV Gameplay
    ---
    Q: As the Romans, why can't I build factional MICs in X area.
    A: The Romans can only build factional MICs in areas that contain Roman units. The area expands based on the reform level (see below). During the Camilian Era, you can build factional MICs in your starting cities plus Segesta. During the Polybian Era, you can build factional MICs in "Homeland" regions (Italy). During the Marian & Avgvstan Eras, you can build factional MICs everywhere, but have limited recruitment, based on the area.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

ETW Steam: Little Fox Member mini's Avatar

wtf..

i swear I read the faq part 4 twice

by the gods i'm blind :D

I'm past 242, and i have both required cities in northern italy and sicily... so when r the reforms passing?

Straight from the FAQ:
    -At least year 242
    -Hold 2 of these cities (Segesta, Mediolanum, Patavium, Bononia)
    -Hold 2 of these cities (Lilibeo, Messana, Syracuse)

I'm in 241 and tbh, I got ALL those cities :p
    Last edited by mini; 02-28-2008 at 19:13.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

(Assuming you have the script activated...) Should be inside few years of the conditions being met.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Quote Originally Posted by mini
    Alrighty

I've conquered my way down to Sicily and Africa, but I never seem to be able to build faction barracks.

Is it because of the GovII type buildings?

But I recall I built a type I in Rhegion, and I cannot build a faction barrack there, neither can I in Taras (which also has a type I)

To the north I can only build one in Segesta, while Bononia also has type I and there I cannot build one.

Is it because I always destroy enemy barracks or something? When i conquer I usually destroy a shitload of buildings (the enemy gov types and recruit buildings)

It's really annoyin tbh, I thought that atleast Bononia, Taras and Rhegion would still be able to place faction barracks.

As for the govII type province: normally i can build my core troops there too, no?

really, I'm at a loss.
    a lot of people, myself included, seem to run into this problem. the faq has the answer, but it also seems that people miss it: is there anyway of setting up a more obvious response to this? Perhaps even in game? the shortest of notes might explain it to most romani players. especially as this basically affects romani only, as most (if not all) other factions can build their regional and factional mics nearly everywhere. might cut down the number of "romani barracks" threads....
    inde consilivm mihi pavca de Avgvsto et extrema tradere, mox Tiberii principatum et cetera, sine ira et stvdio, qvorvm cavsas procvl habeo.

When in doubt re: the romani, ask Konny.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=93896

Specifically, he includes maps that show the best government type to chose for which time period to get the most out of your barracks. Print a map out and leave it by your computer. I have a well-worn map sitting next to mine.
    Last edited by Disciple of Tacitus; 02-29-2008 at 06:37.
    Finished Campaigns
    Lusotannan 0.8
    Quarthadastim 0.8
    Sab'yn 1.0
    Romani 1.0
    Ongoing Campaigns
    Lusotannan 1.2

Long may the barbarians continue, I pray, if not to love us, at least to hate one another,seeing that, as fate bears remorselessly on the empire, fortune can offer no greater boon now than discord amoung our enemies - Tacitus

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

So it's not just Hillary, then.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Quote Originally Posted by zooeyglass
    a lot of people, myself included, seem to run into this problem. the faq has the answer, but it also seems that people miss it: is there anyway of setting up a more obvious response to this? Perhaps even in game? the shortest of notes might explain it to most romani players. especially as this basically affects romani only, as most (if not all) other factions can build their regional and factional mics nearly everywhere. might cut down the number of "romani barracks" threads....
    Yes, but that requires extra scripting - and as people already forget to activate the script too often (which may have happened to TC as well), presumably because they can't be bothered to read what the dude has to say, I doubt that will help too much. And it is easy to remember, once you have read through the FAQ.

It would be nice too, for the Hayasdan - their reforms are tiered to the n-th degree. A lot harder to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Arthez
    Yes, but that requires extra scripting - and as people already forget to activate the script too often (which may have happened to TC as well), presumably because they can't be bothered to read what the dude has to say, I doubt that will help too much. And it is easy to remember, once you have read through the FAQ.

It would be nice too, for the Hayasdan - their reforms are tiered to the n-th degree. A lot harder to remember.

you are very right - for someone who can't find the answer anyway, or cannot remember to activate the script, they will have more trouble finding notes etc on it....

I've read over the hayasdan reforms a couple of times now - tempted to try a hai campaign, but want to make sure i'm on the ball with the reforms, esp after my ignorance in an earlier romani attempt.
    inde consilivm mihi pavca de Avgvsto et extrema tradere, mox Tiberii principatum et cetera, sine ira et stvdio, qvorvm cavsas procvl habeo.

The best thing would be to simply print the Hayasdan FAQ. And stick it against the wall or something.

I simply use a second computer (my music server / internet connection when in game) when I need to check, as Alt-tabbing is a big no-no.