Thread: Aftermath of defeat (idea)

Default Aftermath of defeat (idea)

Inspired by "Spoils of victory" minimod I came up with idea of additional money penalty after defeat. It is very annoying for me to see the effect of undeserved injection of cash after every defeat. The bigger defeat is the bigger is prize money. It is of course determined by hugely decreased cost of army upkeep.

That is totally inaccurate and affects main virtue of EB its difficulty and playability. Crushing defeats should be connected with schock and disintegration not with relief of thousands of mnai ;)

What do you think about it dear modders?

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Default Re: Aftermath of defeat (idea)

Hi Brasidas,

I have thought about this idea too, but in my opinion it would not be practical to do that.

You see, the Spoils of Victory micomod works so that under certain conditions it gives a trait to victorious general and the script is checking for this trait to give money to faction. Now to penalize defeats you could either (1.) give similar trait to the defeated enemy or (2.) take money from the defeated faction based on the trait on victorious general.
    First option is not very realistic: it would penalize the defeated faction only if their general would survive. If the army was led by a captain or the general was slain in battle nothing would happen.
    Second option is theoretically viable, but you need to develop a matrix of traits for all possible combination (Rome vs. Aedui, Rome vs. Arverni, etc. etc.) so that the script would recognize from what faction it should take the money. This would make the EDCT file and the background script, huge as they are now, even bigger and therefore the game overall slower.

My conclusion was that it is simply not worth the relatively limited benefits it would give us. Conclusion - given the limitations of the engine - impossible.

I will gladly pay a belly-dancer to whomever think up a workaround
    I mean it.

if Spoils of Victory gets fully implemented without causing any troubles (crashes etc) it is already a great achievement and a big leap towards making game even more accurate and realistic.
    fingers crossed

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Thank you Sarkiss!

Just to make a little bit of self-promotion: I play with Spoils of Victory (combined with other mods - TWFanatic´s/MiniMe for instance), it works as supposed to and I has not met a CTD for several dozens of hours of gameplay.

If the Team decides against implementing it into 1.1 I will surely make a new release for it.

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin
    Thank you Sarkiss!

Just to make a little bit of self-promotion: I play with Spoils of Victory (combined with other mods - TWFanatic´s/MiniMe for instance), it works as supposed to and I has not met a CTD for several dozens of hours of gameplay.

If the Team decides against implementing it into 1.1 I will surely make a new release for it.
    great, i will surely look forward to it. bovi was supposed to work on it, not sure of the progess though. fingers crossed.
    thanks Marvin

Thanks Marvin for logical explanation and above all relief from my unproductive thinking

;)