Thread: Interested in a forum game?

Default Interested in a forum game?

Hi folks!

Not sure if this is the right subforum for it, if not, sorry.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask whether anyone of you here might be interested in participating in a forum game that will start in one or two weeks from now.

In essence it's a free forum based multiplayer Total War/Europa Barbarorum based game. Of course, since it is a game made by amateurs and without using the actual Total War engine, it is a bit simplified - there will be no real-time battles, sorry.

Basically, the game is set in 272 BC and will run with 6 turns a year. Once a year, for every province you control, you get a certain income. With that, you can expand settlements and bribe other players or neutral factions, but most of it will probably go into raising new units.

Movement is done on a large map based on the EB map.

Battles will be resolved by admins, the players will of course submit battle plans with their strategy.

That sums it up as roughly/shortly as possible.

"What is the deal about the game?", you might ask. Well, the main point is that every faction (all the EB factions will be there) is played by a human player with his own agenda, like in browsergames or other forum games you might know. This will give you a lot of opportunities for diplomacy and roleplaying, which we strongly encourage.

So, if any of you is interested, you are very welcome to visit us at
    http://forumgaming.com/SMF/index.php

Even if you won't decide to play in the end, we will be happy to get to know you. :-)

Oh, nearly forgot to mention, the following factions are still available:

- Aedui (Gauls)
    - Averni (Gauls)
    - Hayasdan (Armenia)
    - Pahlava (Parthians)
    - Pontos
    - Sab'yn (Saba)

The following factions have not yet been 100% confirmed by the interested players:

- Ptolemaioi (Egypt)
    - Koinon Hellenon (Greek Cities)
    - Makedonia

Default Re: Interested in a forum game?

Could you be a bit more pointing in the right direction for the thread you are using for this and a little explanation (or link to what this is ???)

the forum looks a little bit messy to me

I'm interested (to follow or play this) i tried to start 2 succession games but those died out

Can you compare this to the board game called diplomacy that take day to finish because you have to go outside the room all the time to talk to the every player what to do with the other players ???
    Last edited by Sassem; 03-02-2008 at 16:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassem

1. Could you be a bit more pointing in the right direction for the thread you are using for this and a little explanation (or link to what this is ???)

the forum looks a little bit messy to me

2. I'm interested (to follow or play this) i tried to start 2 succession games but those died out

3. Can you compare this to the board game called diplomacy that take day to finish because you have to go outside the room all the time to talk to the every player what to do with the other players ???
    1. Sorry if the forum looks messy, I believe one should get into it quickly enough. The relevant subforum is the "Roma Bella Totalum" (pig latin, I know) one. You can only get a look at the map once you are registred as a player by an admin like me, though, I am afraid.
    But you can easily read through some of the rules (those posted so far, the most important ones really) in the rules-subforum (Rules-thread). Also, in the diplomacy subforum you can find two examples for faction-characters-descriptions, one short and one more elaborate.

2. Would be glad to have you with us.

3. Don't know it, but yes, I guess so. It will definitely be a long-term game, with one turn probably taking one or two weeks if everything goes well, maybe even longer if problems occur. But then again, this has the positive side effect that you do not need to invest very much time into it, unless you want to help out as a battle admin. Otherwise, you plan your moves and battles and do them, similarly as in RTW or EB. AND of course, diplomacy, which to me is the most fun of all.

Wow i just registered

and it very impressive what you guys did you have even description of famous generals etc

i will have a closer look tomorrow but for other people here i would say this forum quite interesting just register and you will see

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

looks interesting- but the link doesnt work
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

@Sassem: Great, send me a PM here or over there if you decide to play, and which faction(s) you might be interested in. :)

@hooahguy: The forum was down a few hours on monday, but this is not a regular occurence. ;)

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakano
    @Sassem: Great, send me a PM here or over there if you decide to play, and which faction(s) you might be interested in. :)

@hooahguy: The forum was down a few hours on monday, but this is not a regular occurence. ;)
    I always thought about making an EB forum simulation with EB help, but I always discarded that option since it would take too much work to shape it into a decent sim.

I wonder Arkano, do you play any of these sims?

Heroes of Ivalice
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms

I've played these sims for years, having been staff in the first one.
    If you never played, you can get very nice ideas to generalize the game for everyone to play, not just a handful of players in a handful of factions.
    BLARGH!

No, I played several forum/browser games over the years, but all of them German ones, so I do not know these.

I am actually not adept at technical issues, programming is mostly the task of other members of the side. I did most of the tedious map-design, however, the adding of units to the game frame, a large part of the rules section, etc.

It was quite a lot of work, I admit. Even without the great work of the programmers of our site.

It looks very good, with the maps and the units from EB, but against real players.
    Plus the board has held sucessful forumgames in the past.

Indeed it has! :) And if our best man Pleasy wouldn't have had to quit for personal reasons, we would still have a really marvellous LotR-game going.

But still, the EB ame is set to go.

Im interested ... what shud i do to join ???

Prince
    Living life not by celebrating victories, but by overcoming defeats

@alatar: indeed it is. :)

@IndianPrince: You just have to go to our forum site, register your acc, and send me a PM regarding what faction you want to play.

Currently the Aedui (Gauls), the Sauromatae/Sarmatians, Hayasdan/Armenia and Pontos are available, maybe the Pahlava/Parthians as well, but there was someone interested in them some time ago.

AIIIGHT ... Thnx buddy

Prince
    Living life not by celebrating victories, but by overcoming defeats

so you cannot show us a map?
    every in-game activity goes through the admin/moderators via PMs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss
    1. so you cannot show us a map?
    2. every in-game activity goes through the admin/moderators via PMs?
    1. Well, the map is the same as EB has, I can of course show it to you...

https://img450.imageshack.us/my.php?...insmall6dw.gif

2. No, movement and management of armies is done on the interactive game map. Exchange of gold, signing of treaties/alliances and recruitment of new troops in the recruitment turns are done by the players on their own as well, via the game menu.
    But yes, all other issues will be done by PMs to the admin(s).

ok then, count me in as Armenia.

Ups... actually, that came a bit too late...

The positions of all players are filled, really sorry.

But maybe someone drops out early on, it happens sometimes. If so, I will inform you all immediately.

i got registered there, but could you please PM me over on this forum when things start moving?
    thanks

whats up with forum? i cannot access it.

if anybody cannot access the forum at any time, send me an email and i'll give you a heads up j_clarky2003@hotmail.com

if anyone is interested there is a few factions become available: Makedonia, Aedui and Sauromatae.
    http://forumgaming.com/SMF/index.php...cebf29e346779;
    year is still 272 BC so everything is still pretty much as it was at the very start.