Thread: Tribunis Plebis -strange trait

Default Tribunis Plebis -strange trait

This is nitpicking, but one of my generals got this trait soon while being in Karali, soon after taking it. The description states that he may never "be away from the city for more than a day". Is this really an appropriate trait for a FM?

Default Re: Tribunis Plebis -strange trait

Yes.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What does this trait do??

And how is the requirement to remain in Roma compatible with his duties leading his forces against the Ponnim?

As the chief representative of the Roman plebeians, the tribune's house was required to be open to all at all times, day or night.
    Well, I'm not the best person to explain it, but the Tribune of Plebs had great rights concerning Plebeians. He could protect a Plebeian from a Patrician when he was threatened, etc, etc.
    This space intentionally left blank.

The in-game description states that his authority ends one mile outside the walls of Roma. Ie there is no way he can execute his duties while away from the city, and therefore it seems more reasonable to NOT give this trait to FMs, but rather assume that someone in Roma is filling the post off-screen.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Sure, but that would suck. So just be happy that your guy has managed to become a Tribunis Pleibs and don´t care wether or not he´s outside the city.
    There´s just no way for a game based on the RTW engine to fully show the Roman political world in all it´s mind-boggling glory.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Dammit, I somwhow doubleposted and now I can´t delete this post. ARG!
    Oh well, 1+.
    Last edited by General Appo; 03-02-2008 at 21:41.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well .. but what bonuses this trait gives you ingame??

Should everything have a bonus/malus attached to it? In the real world it doesn't either.

Seriously though; I do not know since I never played as the Romans extensively enough nor do I care for trait boni/mali (descriptions being another matter, though. Gotta love those...) -- but I wouldn't be surprised if it were tied to some influence boost as well as being a requirement for a Mariu wannabe.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I think it´s 1+ Influence and 1+ Personal Security. I do remember that some people argued that it should be a 1- Personal Security, because of the jobs exposed and controversial nature.
    The Appomination

Quote Originally Posted by Kongeslask
    The in-game description states that his authority ends one mile outside the walls of Roma. Ie there is no way he can execute his duties while away from the city, and therefore it seems more reasonable to NOT give this trait to FMs, but rather assume that someone in Roma is filling the post off-screen.
    If you take it this way, hardly any Roman FM would aquire one of the office traits because they would have to stand as candidates the December before the election....

.....in Rome. Yes, Marius was elected in absentia several times, but that was the exception.

In addition, most of the offices would require the character to stay in Rome that year. That would be the Tribunes of the Plebs, every Quaestor that is not attached to a Consul or provincial Praetor, all four Aediles and at least one of the Praetors. If there is no major campaign going on, the same would be for both Consuls. That would be the majority of your better characters as "garrison commanders" for Rome. Certainly, no one would like to play this faction that way.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team