Hello,

I'm thinking of starting an Aedui campaign, and since I'm experienced with the Arverni, I know that sooner or later the Romans will starting knocking at the doors, looking for my blood and women. I know I will have to face them sooner or later, and the only way to make the AI comply is to completely annihilate them, but this time I want a different approach.

I'm using ALEX-EB with Victory Conditions, if that really impacts on it, and I want to stay away from Italy for at least a century while I focus on Gaul and possibly some Celtiberian-British holdings. I may not, or may, stick to Mediolanum according to the recommendations, but fact is that in my previous Gallic campaign I wiped the Romans out too soon. Now I want them to stay alive for a good time, and possibly at some sort of alliance or just peace with me. Have you any good ways to appease the lion for time enough?

I was thinking of gifts + bribes, abandoning Cisalpine Gaul, making an Alliance with them, etc... Maybe even acccept a Protectorate. I think an early Celtic expansion into Italy would be ahistorical and would spoil the later fun of fighting Polybian or Marian Romans. Ultimately though I think I could just hide behind the Alps, ambush them constantly and keep a war of attrition until I decide to lie my decisive strike. Any recommendations?