Thread: My Epeiros Campaign 1.0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Default My Epeiros Campaign 1.0

As I recently discovered a good picture hosting site I decided to share my Epeirote campaign with you.

I finished a long time ago but kept the images. I really loved this campaign and made a sort of slideshow of ruling periods. It EB 1.0 and keep looking at the minimap to see what the other parts of the world are up to.

It all starts as Pyrrhos Aiakades only rules his homeland, at war with his Macedonian neighbours.

After his reign, Greece is unified and so are the surrounding lands. He is succeeded by his eldest son Ptolemaios.

Ptolemaios sets out to campaign against the Ptolemaics with his royal army, while other general fight elsewhere. Also notice how Baktria conquered the Central Asian Nomads and how the Hayasdan destroyed their hated Sarmatian rivals.

Before his death, the Ptolemaic Empire is gone and he is entitled Ptolemaios "the Last", he expanded the Epeirote lands further east north and took the Nile. His only heir Pyrrichos takes over.

Pyrrichos quickly has new heirs, he has three sons, Klearchos, Hagesias and Pasion. Klearchos being the eldest of the three and the greatest. The promising young boy is sent to the Agoge and excells, he then is granted the command of a new army. This army will be sent against the Carthaginian Empire. Hagesias is also a strong man and campaigns eastwards together with his father, he learns from his father and takes over the command when he retires. Pasion is a smart man, but is given ill-health. He governs eastern cities. But the Seleucids attacks his town and he protects his cities with his life, together with persian archers. Early on he loses one of his eyes. Pasion is then called Monopthalmus (one-eyed). Pasion then also advances eastwards and gets even more scarred. When fighting near the Indus he even gets a wooden leg. There was hardly something untouched about this man. After the eastern wars end he can finally go back to the calmer governing.

When the conquering Pyrrichos finally dies the living legend who conquered half spain and Africa succeeds the throne. He fights some last campaigns and particularly hard campaigns against savages near Eburonum. He finally unifies the known world by conquering Seliun Pilis and thereby bringing peace tot he unopposed gigantic Empire. If he will die, his heir Menandros takes over.

Hope you liked it!

Post your thougths
    Last edited by Fluvius Camillus; 02-01-2009 at 22:33.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!