Greetings,

The aim of this mod is to make the original viking campaign more enjoyable. To that end, units' graphics will be altered using my modification of some of the Hellenic:Totalwar skins. In addition, the unit roster for each faction will be revised. Some minor sound effects, like grunts and death cries, will be replaced.

Adding more regions will not be possible without some major help from other modders. Adding new factions will be considered but my priority will be to make each faction stand out.

You can choose to be active in the making of this mod by making suggestions as to what you would like to see in it. Right now I'm tampering with the unit roster and your help would be appreciated. I'm thinking of starting the mod in 740-750 A.D so we could have probably some sort of 'reforms', which would render some units obsolete (spearmen, for example) while introducing some more powerful ones.

The first two units I intend to implement are:

Town Militia (Recruited through building a muster field and is available to every faction except the vikings who get the 'Viking Militia' instead.Town Militia are peasants equipped with short spears and small shields and have poor morale)

Spearmen (Recruited through building a blacksmith and is available to every faction except the Irish who get 'Kerns' instead. The standard spearmen retain the same stats of the original game but get +2 honour. Kerns on the other hand are spearmen equipped with light javelins.)

I look forward to reading your comments and suggestions!

P.S It's a one-man-project right now but this could change if you wish to.