Thread: In Memoriam

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default In Memoriam

You existed in a world I wouldn't ever understand. The farmboy who earned his way into school with parents who didn't grasp the outside world. The rural man who wouldn't, couldn't permit himself to partake in a life of leisure. There was so much to this world, and somehow you knew and understood so much of it while under the guise of the country bumkin. You understood that the world wasn't the kind place you wanted it to be, yet you never gave up on the ineffable human spirit. In spite of the tragedy, the dishonesty, and the callousness you witnessed, you held faith that people were fundamentally good. Now I have no choice but to do my best to help create the world you hoped for. A loyal son, a kind man, and an iron-backed father who supported his sons even when we failed him. Dad, I don't know where you are, but I hope it's a place deserving of your kindness and generosity.

Rest in peace, Donald Schlichte. You really were too good for this world.

And now I have to figure out how to tell my grandparents they'll have to bury their son....
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Members thankful for this post (4):