Thread: A Short History of Britain (Pritanoi AAR)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A Short History of Britain (Pritanoi AAR)

Hi, Loved EBI, Started campaign in Britain understanding that I am more a tester then a player. For the first 90 turns I unified Britain and Ireland while my diplomat conducted the grand tour making trade agreements. Most of the other states were bankrupt or poor so I handed out a lot of cash. The Romans treated my ambassador rather harshly and demanded tribute.
    So around turn 100 with 105k in the bank I crossed the channel. My diplomat meanwhile had formed alliances with the Gauls and secured military access. Using my native troops I secured a town for a base and with 2 FM recruited mercenaries and headed south towards Massalia
    After crawling south for 9 turns I encountered my first Roman Army under N.C. Scipo. killed him and destroyed his army.
    I had spent 80k on troops so I had 2 full armies. Encountered and destroyed another 900 man Roman force killing another Roman FM.
    By turn 120 I had the province secured and was prepared to head into Italy. I was down to 1 main Army with a second composed of depleted units following.
    The Romans were investing Segesta with a large Army and had another in Northern Italy so I passed between them and headed to Ariminum. It was defended only by a FM so I captured it in 2 turns. I sacked the place to resupply and destroyed everything before moving towards Roma.
    On turn 141 I captured Roma and sacked it netting around 40k after destroying all I could. I then headed south taking Capua, Arpi, Tara, and the southern city. I had hoped to move to Sicily but Carthage already owned it so I turned around. All the cities already sacked had reverted to Roman control except for Tara which had went to Epirus starting a war with them I did not want. Recruiting a diplomat I made peace and an alliance with access before moving north. Recaptured Arpi I am at present sieging Capua on turn 172.
    The plan is to turn over to Epirus everything south of Rome and capture everything north to destroy the Roman faction. My victory conditions require me to destroy the 2 Gauls and Germans. I am presently allied to all 3 but they are fighting one another so I will rebuild my treasury and see what happens. If attacked by one I will use the others to help. It seems I will get my best troops from Italy now.
    Once I figure out how to post these screen shots I'll stick them up and fix my bad spelling.

My spies and diplomats are masters of disguise they appear as whatever icon I last accessed in town display.
    Disbanding armies does not add to town population
    FM can starve while inside a town
    FM can gain 2 opposite traits in same turn
    CTD on turn 80 and 130 but that occurred in EB1 as well. (I captured Rome after 3 hour battle only to CTD before turn saved so I had to do it over.)
    Pritanoi have no family tree icon *designed this way but causes issues trying to plan future*
    no flaming arrows (during siege defense, defender cannot destroy siege equipment)
    in TWM2 it was possible to recruit ship mercenaries (that would be nice here too)
    why can't you raze city walls? That was always one of first things you did to keep a new city from revolting and certainly something you'd do to a city you were going to leave to enemy.
    disbanded units count as "lost"
    cities abandoned after sacking or gifted to another faction count as lost

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rome.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	287.8 KB 
ID:	14388
    more later.
    Last edited by mogami; 09-14-2014 at 04:19. Reason: fixed spelling

Member thankful for this post: