Yes, yet another topic about this ole friend.

Ok, so I've played a fair bit of Shogun 2 (1400+ hours at this point), so you'd think I would have noticed this in a campaign, and perhaps I did and it's been awhile and in my old age I'm becoming forgetful. At any rate, here's the situation:

I'm playing as Hojo, I've taken out the Date, subdued Takeda and so I've got a tight control over the eastern side of the island. On the otherside I've got Chosakabe who have expanded into the middle and nearly taken everything there except Kyoto. The Ito have the Shimazu island and the Otomo have gotten a big stretch of the western side in the general area of where the Mori.

All well and good. Here's the question about Realm Divide, I've been watching the game bar and creeping up to the edge, but not over it. I've not kicked it off yet and triggered realm divide, so no announcement and no wave of declares on me. Yet I've just noticed in the last say 5 or 6 turns I'm losing 5 points in diplmacy every turn as if I've triggered already, the diplomacy relations show an ever increasing negative number referred to as Realm Divide.

Is this just something I missed in the past? Because I never recall getting a RD hit before you kick it in oficially. And is there any connection to me not triggering it while at the same time sending a couple monks down the western side of the island inciting riots to a number of the Otomo provinces in anticipation of my invasion once RD did kick in. IOTW, can you effectively tick over a soft version of RD by inciting a number of provinces to rebel control?