Another discovery of Stazi:

I've finally identified 68 events which dates can be freely changed. Many of them use the same art so there are a bit limited in use. Two the most important are Compass Rose and Gunpowder which can be added as restrictions in BUILD_PROD file. There are still 3 or 4 events which depend on more triggers than just a year or their appearance is random so they are hard to localize. I'll make a summary of what I found soon.
allows a number of changes in the future. Before that the only way we could stop building from appearent too early was to set complicated requirements which caused massive problems.

Obviously the two events which can be used as requirements are the most helpful.

Before Stazi deals with dozens of events and posts a summary I'd like to discuss uses of those two most important events.

I've been thinking about setting them as requirements for certain military reforms which in my opinion are better to describe changes in warfare during this period than various levels of gunsmits, spearmakers etc.
In fact I'd like to remove higher levels of spearmaker, gunsmith, swordsmith etc - the techtree will be crowded well enough with other structures such as those which represent political structures, cultural developments etc so we don't really need guys who make slightly better pikes or swords as long as they make enough of them.

Changes are meant for 2.0. but I'd like to have at least a number of structures depending on the events implemented in 1.6 - it is just too good to completelly leave it for the future.

Let's start with the simple one - how to name the events and in what years should they pop up?