Thread: Converting Civilization3 unit animations

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Converting Civilization3 unit animations

I know there is already an unit anim thread but I think this is important so I start a new thread.

Before BG can find some time to draw his landskenchts for PMTW, I decide to try to convert my favourite landsknecht unit by Kinboat(from the CFC forum) from Civ3 to MTW, thanks to my experience of converting Civ3 unit to EU2-ftg, it is not too difficult to me.

Let me show a quick test, just one standing frame of the landsknecht:

Two screenshot in game, the first one shows the unit anim at its original size, while in the second one I increase the size to 220 using the gnome editor:

As you notice, it has no faction colour now, but I think it is possible to add later by replacing the colour plate.
    And the height of the landsknecht is just about 4/5 to 3/4 of the PMtW unit anim left to him, though I increase its size too 220. Nothing more I can do to this…

Generally speaking I'm statisfied with its performance in game. What do you think of it? Making a full animation cost many time, if you think it is worth to do so I would like to finish at least the landsknecht graphic.

One question: the Civ3 anim use 15 frame per action while MTW use 12, how should I deal with this? (though it would not be a problem for standing action)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dop2.jpg 
Views:	1009 
Size:	834.2 KB 
ID:	17579   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dop1.jpg 
Views:	1175 
Size:	841.4 KB 
ID:	17581  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zweihander; 02-26-2016 at 03:18.