Thread: Persistent crash at around turn 70

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

Default Persistent crash at around turn 70

For some reason I start getting crashes in my Hayastan campaign at ~turn 70.
    Specifics:
    - Win 8.1
    - Medieval II Gold, retail version (still doing that "boycot Steam" thing ^^)
    - installation is in S:/Medieval II
    - usage of that certain third party tool that addresses some RAM problems
    - crash happens during AI turn at the turn start of either the Koinon Hellenon or Seleukids
    - there's no battles involved and no changes to settlement ownerships

I usually save every 10 turns. First time the crash happened at turn 73, I reloaded the quicksave, which crashed right again.
    I went back to the last regular save (turn 70), which crashed at the next AI turn (which ran fine before).
    Then I went back to the save at turn 60 which ran fine to turn 70 then crashed.

The detailed log can be found here: http://filehorst.de/d/cIbhuqih . (The mentioned files ("lighting xxx") I haven't touched/altered at all, just saying.)

Edit: Could it be that Java is interferring with the game? (I do not have any technical knowledge so please accept my apology if that is a dumb question...).
    I wanted to use the Recruitment Viewer and updated from Java 7 to Java 9 yesterday evening.

Edit 2: Going back to Java 7 and rebooting doesn't seem to help ...
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; 11-07-2017 at 20:04.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)