Thread: EB new EDU for multiplayer (4.0): suggestions and ideas thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default EB new EDU for multiplayer (4.0): suggestions and ideas thread

Hello to all the fellow EBers!

It's been quite a long time since the old 3.4 EDU (export_descr_units.txt, the file where all the units stats are written) has been used. The large amount of time this EDU lasted witnesses the excellent work that was done by its creators in balancing some of the most difficult aspects in the game with elegance and intelligence.

However, some mistakes here and there are degrading the overall beauty of the creation. Of course they are unintentional mistakes for the most part, but yet their presence is hindering the possibility of fully enjoying a balanced environment for EB online battles. From this idea I started planning some changes for a new release of the EDU with amendments and corrections.

I don't want to start from scratch and completely overhaul the EDU: however I'm starting to consider some rather important changes, like a revision of the slingers or certain units availability for some factions. Therefore the desire of keeping the overall structure of the EDU intact does not rule out the possibility of reworking some mechanics.

For this reason I'd like to hear the opinion of the community.

What would you like to change in the current EDU? And, more importantly, why?
    Are there some suggestions that can improve the game while maintaining historicity? How would you implement them?

Time to throw out ideas!

EDIT: it's not necessary to be an online player to contribute. If you're a single player aficionado, I'd love to hear your opinion too.
    Last edited by mephiston; 06-16-2018 at 00:32.