Thread: iPhone vs Android

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: iPhone vs Android

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    I hope you're not trying to say only morons would break the foldable screen. Apparently, some screens also broke without anyone removing the protective layer and Samsung has delayed the launch to improve the phones. Something about the possibility that dirt would enter at the hinges and potentially cause these issues. Though at that point your comparison is quite good, given how an M16 would also not react too well to dirt entering it at the "hinges".

Just so. Despite the "superiority" of one design in a purely technical sense, it ran into trouble when operated in less than ideal conditions or by under-skilled operators.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I don't really get the purpose though of foldable screens - why? I mean, what's wrong with a clear crisp big one?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    I don't really get the purpose though of foldable screens - why? I mean, what's wrong with a clear crisp big one?
    However big your big screen is, the folded one can always be bigger or twice as big. It's probably partially because many people use their mobile phones as their only or main electronic device but deep in their hearts they know that a proper screen of 27" or above is so much better. So they try to get bigger and bigger ones.

Personally I see my phone as a mobile extension of my computer, don't use it a lot when I can access my computer instead and stopped paying for more than a midrange phone that is small enough to fit into my pocket so I don't need an extra handbag for my phone.
    But I guess priorities differ, I also build my computers myself (not the parts, but you know what I mean).

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

It's super unconfortable to have a large phone in your pocket - that's why I avoid any big phone like the iPhone XR to be honest. iPhone 7/8 or the equivalent Samsung is perfect.

Anything bigger is a nuisance.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

This will be probably a big hit on the market - and so far OnePlus has exceeded expectations and sales too.

OnePlus has been doing a good job.

Speaking of someone not doing a good job... BlackBerry. I was looking recently at in depth reviews of the BlackBerry Key2 LE, which still has a physical keyboard, the hallmark of BlackBerry.