I installed Sepheus' ddraw_fix... to try to solve the resolution/graphics issues involved which stop the game from running on the newer faster machines and with more advanced graphics cards.

After installing MTW 1.1 on my series 6 Win 7 64 bit laptop I installed the ddraw_fix... and it ran! YES! I got all the way to choosing a faction after tweaking the audio, video, game and performance options in the Options Menu. So, everything graphically is running fine, and now I am ready to load my faction, the map, and play a continuous campaign game.

When I tried to then load my faction ("Easy", "Late Period"), the menu screen popped up instead, all wavy and weird, with dozens of mouse pointers stacking across my lower screen. I tried three times and the same or something similar happened after tweaking the resolution and colors in "Properties" for my start icon. My compatibility setting is "Windows XP 3rd iteration or whatever technospeak they call it."

Is anyone out there able to help me understand and hopefully fix this problem?

(And what does "CDT" which I have seen in other MTW posts mean? Does it refer to the same or related graphics issues?