Romance mode or Records mode?

I think, like many I started out with Romance Mode, it was new and I was curious to experience it. Then I switched to Records mode and I found out that I prefer it to Romance Mode.

While Romance can be spectacular and fun to in some ways I feel it takes away from the element which I most love in TW series game which is the actual battles on the battlefield following some Strategy planning and positioning on the strategic map.

The battlefield for me is where it is all stands, a great big complex battle with equal forces or with a smaller number fighting a larger army, making use of the terrain formations regrouping shock attacks pressing on or holding back at key moments is where it all gets exciting. And so things like morale and fatigue are very important knowing a unit (friend or foe) is fatigued or low on morale and about to break is crucial.

Also I found that the Duel aspect sometimes just has bad timing and reduces the importance of tactical planning and execution in the battlefield. The game shifts a bit towards balancing Characters rather than balancing Armies.

So I wonder what others think feel and may have come to prefer in Three Kingdoms.