I ran into a problem with some facshields I've been editing, does anybody know a solution?
Forgive me if it doesn't make 100% sense, I'm still pondering things

I made 14 new factions with their own shields, flags, facshields etc. overriding the first 14 factions in the game.

The problem is when I select X faction, and change the colour to that of Y faction, when the battle starts the facshields the men carry are for Y faction.

I would name factions, but not yet

This means in battles like 2v2++ if two teams are the same faction, one would have to carry another factions facshield, which I really don't want

I asked a friend to run some tests selecting VI factions with different colours while I had my modded files still installed, and all that happens is the colours change but the facshields keeps the correct emblem. So obviously somewhere along the lines I have to make facshields to support all the colour schemes? Or is this a hard-coded function which I can't edit?

If so the only real solution would be a generic facshield for every clan that doesn't represent anything but that would make the mod a lot less authentic

Anybody experienced/solved this problem?