Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweet Realistic Medieval Combat (Mount and Blade)

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Default Re: Sweet Realistic Medieval Combat

Rosa I saw you, and what you did was not that nice... You basically said that you had a right to demand the devs to speed up from the .634. No wonder people got angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosacrux
    Now, I believe not only the OP post is 100% on spot, but I'd be rather more blunt in my approach.

This delay - 5 whole bloody months!!!! Nobody delays a meager update for 5 months past due time - is not only enormous, it shows complete disrepect to their CUSTOMERS - if you haven't noticed, most of us have payed the 11 euros to get this game. Nice as it is, we'd expect what we have been promised so long ago: a fecking update.

No update is coming, though. Seems the devs either overestimated their abilities or are abandoning this game (or didn't find a fitting publisher to finance the project further...? I thought that's why WE have financed them though...).

I am waiting for a complete explaination. As a CUSTOMER I am waiting for a "why" there are no updates on this game for so long and "why" the devs are ignoring those who protest, while their fanboys roam around spurring rubish like "hey, what do you want, you paid 1/3 of the prize, you got 1/3 of the game, feck off".

BTW If someone directs such a provocative reply at me, I'll become really rude.
    And the only part I can find where you actually point what you dislike you got two replies (topic "I'll chase you to the end of the world"), neither of which are in any way negative, in fact they agree.
    I do not say that it is all nice and rosy over there, the tone can be very harsh, especially if you repeat some qustion just asked a few days ago or something. But in general people are nice, and the moderators are not that brutal. I have followe a few cases and it is quite simply because this game is very easy to hack, so for a time there was plenty anf plenty of topics about that, and in the ned the moderators got tired of it issuing a warning that they should not post in said treads at all as it just kept them at the top (in case the moderators were asleep or simply not present), if people still posted they would get banned. Fair enough I say as long as it is only done is such desperate cases.

But from that to the hell that is presented here there is a very very long way.
    Last edited by Kraxis; 11-22-2005 at 17:12.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Posting a single message out of context is not really productive Kraxis... you should post also the previous ton of fanboy messages (all in the same context: "you paid 1/3 of a game, you got that, now [blip] off" and similar stuff) to which I was responding. Otherwise, you are just misleading people.

Also, I had one guy PM me with a message "eat [muck] and drop dead", while another said that I should "adjust" with the general "devs are flawless, wait forever for an update" spirit, or else I should "get the [blip] out of there".

Don't tell me if I am overeacting, you hadn't had people telling you "eat [muck] and drop dead" because you are claiming your rights.

Bah!
    Last edited by frogbeastegg; 11-23-2005 at 11:25.
    When the going gets tough, the tough shit their pants

I was following the thread, and the forum in general and it was clear that the .700 was a major update.
    And prior to that post the people were just saying that it is a beta and such is the case... There was a SINGLE post that said... You know what, instead of arguing with you I think it is better for the public to see for themselves, then they can draw their own conclusions.
    Thread in question.

And trust me, the .org when it was the age of that forum was not a pleasant place to be at if you weren't an MPer. You got belittled and bacially driven out of town if you didn't play MP, and the words weren't laid out in a nicest form either.
    Forums tend to mature over time as the older people (forumgoers) tire of such antics.

Personally I did complain about the lack of an update too, but I got 0 hatemails... could it be that I didn't provoke the others? And as you see yet others complained too but I still see them there.

As I said it isn't a forum that is on a high verbal horse (just invented that expression ).

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

So, I DLed and bought it a few days ago.

Question: Does there seem to be a problem with the edges of the map/rocks, they seem blue on my game.

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

Hmmm... Haven't heard about that.

Try searching in the bug or tech forums.

Forever British Member King Ragnar's Avatar

I think u ahve to change something in the config text file, i cant remreber what, but i read it somewhere.
    Vote For The British nationalist Party.
    Say no to multi-culturalism.

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

The official Capo skinpack is in the works, check it out in the mod forums!

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Capo, if you haven't fixed the blue rock thing, go into the config file through the load screen and adjust the value for bump-mapping. Documentation of what you need to change is in the config file.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Nobody Important Member Somebody Else's Avatar

I just downloaded this.

I have exams in a few days.

Oh dear.
    Don't have any aspirations - they're doomed to fail.

Rumours...

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody Else
    I just downloaded this.

I have exams in a few days.

Oh dear.
    Argh... Bad combo! I made a similar bad combo when I got it. It was just when I going to write my bachelor project... But I stayed on top of it and only played late in the night after I had exhausted my writing for the day. Lucky me that I could actually do that.

Default Mount & Blade

www.taleworlds.com

Most likely everyone here should enjoy this game. Check out the site for all the details.

In the meantime, here is what happens to annoying soldiers who won't stop talking.

Philologist Senior Member ajaxfetish's Avatar

Default Re: Mount & Blade

Probably belongs in the arena?

Ajax

"I do not yet know how chivalry will fare in these calamitous times of ours." --- Don Quixote
    "I have no words, my voice is in my sword." --- Shakespeare
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." --- Jack Handey

I would buy, but I'm not allowed to become a Gnomish mindcrafter.

Wow, it's pretty damn impressive. I'll definiteley buy it once I free up some funds.
    I thought it was online play, but even so it's the most fun I've had with a game in ages.
    Jousting! I'm crap at it, but damnit I'm going to work on it! I haven't even left the town left, I've just been doing arena fights and gambling. :cheers:

edit: Gods, I miss the spellcheck. :(
    Last edited by lugh; 12-08-2005 at 11:43.

Trust me, it is well worth the small price. Also the arena horses are lousy crap breeds, even seasoned players have a hard time lancing people in there. When you get to Hunters and Coursers you will have brilliant horses (not to mention Warhorses and Chargers).

Talking Re: Sweet Realistic Medieval Combat

New version, .710, is out. I've haven't had the chance to play it yet, but the changelog looks interesting. Sadly it's not savegame-compatible though.

Antagonist
    "Society is going down the drain, and it's everybody's fault but ours."

Arthurian Total War Developer

Senior Member Senior Member The Scourge's Avatar

Just tried it .Feels very different .Harder to control the direction of sword thrusts on horse back .
    But new gloves!
    That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis
    Trust me, it is well worth the small price. Also the arena horses are lousy crap breeds, even seasoned players have a hard time lancing people in there. When you get to Hunters and Coursers you will have brilliant horses (not to mention Warhorses and Chargers).
    Ah, that's reassuring.
    It's a pity you can't have more choice over the arena. I'd love to have a big 10-20 man mellee.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lugh
    I'd love to have a big 10-20 man mellee.
    Don't worry - you pretty soon get battles that big. After a week or two, I find myself bumping into 30 Black Knights and Dark Raiders. Run away! Run away!

Got .710, changing it so that attacks are directional depending on the enemy helps.

Black Knights... they's scary, doesn't stop me trying though. And being unhorsed, surrounded and munched.

Against anything else though, ploughing straight through with a charger, lancing away willy-nilly is great fun. Swadian deserters are brilliant targets for this, a big bevy of crossbowmen, for little me to ride down...

Rumours...

Senior Member Senior Member The Scourge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody Else
    Got .710, changing it so that attacks are directional depending on the enemy helps.
    Yeah found that one out .Not sure the mouse option even works ,but that could be just me.
    Also when you visit the salt mines now ,you stay mounted .Which is quite good .
    And that bandit keep is starting to get more done to it.
    Lookingt forward to seeing what they got planned for that.
    That's it.

30 Black Knights and Dark Raiders.
    That's the problem, if I had 30 Knights in my entourage, bring 'em on! I want big battles now, not later!

Horses seem a lot better with the new release. My new char just seems a lot quicker and maneuvrable while mounted.

The game has a stupid amount of potential. It was a clever idea to work on the combat system first, they've got a faithful crowd now, only too willing to wait for the rp aspect to be fleshed out.

Gah, I still very much want to buy this game but I don't have the means to do it. Anyone with a credit card out there willing to help me?
    Wheel down, wheel down to southward! Oh, Gooverooska, go!
    And tell the Deep-Sea Viceroys the story of our woe;
    Ere, empty as the shark's egg the tempest flings ashore,
    The Beaches of Lukannon shall know their sons no more!

Rudyard Kipling, Lukannon

I always thought it was strange that I liked bombing around lancing people on horseback, but now I've found a double-handed sword of war. Much more fun, dismounting and eviscerating all and sundry is now my game. Dark knights included. I always did have a thing against cavalry anyway - go infantry!

Armour is an issue though, can't have much, or else I get too slow.

It's good now, I see a squadron of black knights charging at me as an exercise in metalwork - big slow buggers for me to casually sidestep and swipe off their horses.

Rumours...

Blog Entries

Getting more athletics will speed up your characters.
    Ah, that's reassuring.
    It's a pity you can't have more choice over the arena. I'd love to have a big 10-20 man mellee.
    There's a mod in the mod forums that allows 16 man battles in the arena.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

I'm finding the new controls and shieldspeed to have changed the game a whole lot, without it being impossible.

I was just able to finish the training at Veteran level, but the champions ripped me to pieces... They were too fast with their swings so I couldn't block them well enough and the lag between dropping the shield and attacking with the sword was too long.

Did get two champions in a row, but then it was me with a shield against a twohander... No contest at all... His reach put me on the defensive at once and I never got out as his sword was faster than mine on top of the problem mentioned before.

In battle archers are immesively stronger, they fire very fast now, and they have become very accurate, and the FF and getting in the way of each other is much lower.
    Sea Raiders are damn scary, even more than they ever were. They can stomp all over knights on slightly hilly maps because of their ranged capability (which they use longer before switching to melee weapon) and their long axes.
    I had my character's army of 22 (fairly crappy but it had a few good troops) join a Manhunter party of 15 fighting 9 Sea Raiders. We won, but it had been costly. I had lost every single of my good troops and half of the rest, got knocked out myself in the first fight, and the Manhunters were a mere 7 after the battle.
    Last edited by Kraxis; 12-10-2005 at 01:53.

Blog Entries

.711 is out now!

Some improvements and whatnot, including the ability to have inverse mouse direction direct attack direction.

Plus, in both .710 and this new version, blood on bodies and swords has been added depending on where you get hit-its great!

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

I just found this game the other day, thanks to this thread. All I can say is...

WOW!

Played the demo, bought the game (beta - $14US) - AMAZING. I cannot wait for the game to be fleshed out some more. Really awesome personal combat - just great fun.

Highly recomennd folks take a gander at it. Well worth a couple minutes to check it out. IMHO of course :-)

DE

[edit - it would be nice to keep this thread here - as I would not have found the game otherwise, and I am sure there are others who do not read ALL the forums... just a thought]
    Last edited by Deus Ex; 12-10-2005 at 20:59.

(That's why I put it here ).

You should check out the Mod section in the forums. The Last Days mod (Lord Of The Rings) is a wonderful one, still in progress but a lot to it already making it fully enjoyable.

There's also a great Wild West Mod, Medieval Mod and Roman Mod in progress, among others.

Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast