Thread: Hunters All Their Lives: A Missile Cavalry Guide

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Default Re: Hunters All Their Lives: A Missile Cavalry Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus
    The video appears to have an .rpy extention which, according to my research is a saved game file for some Grand Prix Racing game or some such. I assume that this isn't correct. Could you update the viseo or alternatively tell me how I might open it :)

PS Very good guide.
    Welcome Aboard Zacchaeus ! .rpy is an extension that will play in M2: TW Battle Replays. Check the thread link posted above, if that file is still online it wll work.

BROKEN CRESCENT: TOTAL WAR IN THE MIDDLE EAST

I've recently been playing the Broken Crescent mod, and it is what Kingdoms should have been, in many ways. There are MANY types of cavalry. Cavalry heavy nations like the Khwarezm Shah, Seljuks are featured in depth. They have incredible units, it really is a great mod for all cavalry fans. The mod features the steppe from Samarkand to Urgench and beyond, cavalry country. There are many mercenary cavalry units to choose from. Overall I'm really enjoying my all cav experience in Broken Crescent. It's quite challenging as well, not the piece of cake M2: TW was (even on VH/VH).

I wanted to post an all cavalry formation for all cavalry players here, from Broken Crescent.

Royal Ayyubid All Cavalry Combined Arms Force

1 Sultan's Guard
    3 Royal Mamluk Cavalry
    2 Royal Toassim Mamluk Cavalry
    4 Kurdish Lancers
    10 Qara Ghulam Cavalry

Setup is pretty simple. The Elite Mamluk Corp at center, with Toassims on the flanks, 2 groups of 3X Qara Ghulams forward center, 2 groups of 2X Qara Ghulams + 2 Kurdish Lancers on both flanks. Elite Corp is mobile and supports other corps wherever needed. Center corps purpose is to harass directly from the front and pull units towards the Elite Corps. The flank groups run behind the enemy and select most valuable enemy targets (general,cavalry, missile).

And ... a couple of screenshots:

From Ayyubid Campaign:
    The Final Moments of a Marshall of Jerusalem.

From Ayyubid Campaign:
    Final Phase of the Last Battle vs The Kingdom of Jerusalem.

SALUTE !
    Last edited by Shahed; 02-29-2008 at 13:01.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak