Thread: Cease and desist order from the Pope

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If I told you, I'd have to kill you. England.

Default Cease and desist order from the Pope

I'm currently playing SS 3.2 on M2TW 1.2, and I've been in a conflict with the HRE as Sicily. Now, I have 9/10 crosses (sometimes 10/10) with the Pope, and relations are Perfect (dropped to Outstanding for a turn or so), gifting him 150 florins per turn (increased it from 100, will increase it later on). Now, he has sent me a cease and desist order...

I have 5 provinces, the HRE plenty more, I'm trying to kick them off Italy. Now, I don't want to damage my chances of getting a Pope when the current one croaks, nor do I wish to cripple my standing with the Pope. So here's my question: do I have to obtain an actual ceasefire with the HRE to complete the cease and desist mission, or do I just have to refrain from attacking any army/navy/settlement of the HRE during the duration of the mission, while still remaining 'at war'?
    Last edited by Kaidonni; 06-25-2007 at 11:31.
    I believe in a society without rules, laws and regulations. A society where there are only ideas - strict ideas that must be followed to by the letter - and any failure to comply is punishable by death. This would be no dictatorship or police state, no one would be living in terror. It would merely be a 'reassessment of one's preferences,' people living in 'not-so-optimistic security.' So, welcome, those who are 'longing to be blindly obedient and loyal, unbeknownst to them.'