Thread: 7.04 preview

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 7.04 preview

Well people, i know many of you here like this mod for his unique features and his nice picture of late antiquity.
    But I will like to remember that this mod is a "work in progress". We don't even release something without thinking on how to improve it. This mod has been praised sometime for historical accuracy, but in some thing is not very accurate. We know it; but we mantained certain features for the sake of the gaming fun. To depict historical reality in this game is more or less impossible because of his very nature: is a game.
    Games, not like history, have a fancy capability: they could be updated.

In few days I've made a little series of internal addon that will be the base for the 7.04 version; since Ramon is already working on major changes here and there, i think the next version could be directly a 7.1.

They mainly includes new buildings and reshaping of some actual one. Later, i hope for 7.1, hun/nomad building tree will be completely revised, as the nomad culture cannot really "build" things in steppe settlements. they would not be nomads, otherwise. On the other hand, barbarians get romanized: but when they get a roman city they could "upgrade the buildings", that become a sort of barbarian-like building in a roman town. Horrendous - graphically - and unhistorical. As they could, the so-called "barbarians" try to imitate the romans and to learn things from them, however with few results. From 5th-6th century onward until carolingian period, the arts and architecture become heavy, gross and rough, following a precedent roman process of "barbarization" of their imperial style. It was the romano-barbaric style. We hopefully will try to create this style for the next preview.

but now, some fact:

-----------------------

-----------------------

a NEW religion added: Manichaeism

- added trait Manichaeist
    - updated ALL religious trait triggers to include Manichaeists and Jews

-----------------------
    - ALL roman cities have at a minimum level of roads highways.
    - removed a silly bug - for Imperium Constantini highways and stone walls had eastern UI, now they have a proper one.
    - add a jew minority in Esfahan - they settled here by order of Yazdegerd.
    - Yazdegerd I, Shahanshah of sassanid empire, is now (historically) married with Shushandokt
    - changed the name of Salamis in Constantia;
    - changed the name of Rome in Roma;
    - changed the name of Mosul in Nineveh;
    - changed the name of Ctesiphon in Seleukia-Ctesiphon;
    - changed the name of Constantinople in Constantinopolis;
    - changed the name of Esfahan in Spahān
    - changed the name of Nishapur in Nīshāpūr
    - changed the name of Kerman in Kermān
    ------------------------

- 9 NEW building: roman HD (historical descriptions) for: Roma, Mediolanum, Ravenna, Constantinopolis, Arelate, Alexandria, Hierosolyma, Antiochia, Carthago.
    - 9 NEW building: eastern HD (historical descriptions) for: Seleukeia-Ctesiphon, Istakhr, Merv, Baktra, Nineveh, Susa, Artaxarta, Petra, Palmyra
    - Eastern "despotic law" substituted with "chuwgan field". Now sassies don't kill but play polo :D.

------------------------

.... other lesser things....

------------ COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE WARMLY WELCOMED --------------
    Last edited by Mylae; 07-08-2007 at 21:59.

Team Member
    Invasio Barbarorum modder