Hi all,

I'm playing the Scots in the Britannia campaign. Sometimes I can get the pike units to work correctly, but it seems pretty random and I'm not sure what I'm doing to get certain results.

It seems that, if I put my pikes on Guard mode with Spearwall activated, the front ranks crouch down & form a wall of spearpoints. When attacked, however, they quickly switch to swords - even men in the rear ranks. I most often see this when I'm guarding a castle gate. I assume Guard mode is the setting I want in that situation, but after the enemy ram breaks the gate and the enemy charges into the front of the pikes, they switch to swords.

Defending a bridge, I put my pikes in Spearwall, with Guarde mode OFF. They seemed to perform pretty well there, using their pikes to keep the enemy at a distance.

But in an open battle on the attack, with Spearwall on and Guard mode off, I got totally different results - I'd order the pikes to attack an enemy unit and they'd switch to swords almost immediately after making contact.

What is the best way to use these pikes? When they work, they work great!

CountMRVHS