Thread: Other Forums Thread

Default Other Forums Thread

I was not too sure what this would come under so I am posting it here. What other forums do you post on? Are there any good new forums what are still in their early days? POst them here

Gamer's Safe Haven, a broad forum for gaming chat. Looks as though it could be quite good, not frequented yet though.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Default Re: Other Forums Thread

Not gaming related, so off you go!

Charge Men............Retreat! Member The Foolish Horseman's Avatar

should be in the arena, although its spamming and thats wrong Rolo.

IN Total War I Trust!!

The Foolish Horseman, previously known as GBB

Frontroom discussion.

Moved to the Axeman.
    Abandon all hope.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Politics Australia

In b4 teh lock.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Are we OK here? Thought so. So, any more forums anyone?

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

Default AW: Other Forums Thread

Military Photos

Al-Iraqi

AfghanSite

I used to participate in other gaming forums but when I lost interest in those games I lost interest in those forums. The Org however has a neat enough community that even when in a spell of non-Totalwarring that I enjoy visiting here.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Default Re: AW: Other Forums Thread

Abandon all hope.

Bah, 1,000 posts there 400 there and there and some other places 1-10. posts. Org's my first forum, and I do not really post anywhere else at the moment apart from a few posts every now and then on the Space.com forums.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

I mostly stick to other game forums: Birth of the Federation, The Wargamer, Sins of a Solar Empire, the other 2 main Total War sites (on occasion), and Galactic Civilizations 2. The Org remains my primary "place of residence", however.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Sasaki: I don't think I've ever been frightened of you until now.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Default AW: Re: AW: Other Forums Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir
    For a moment there I thought I must have posted the wrong link...
    Last edited by spmetla; 04-10-2008 at 20:24.

-Abraham Lincoln

Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

www.dune2k.com

A site and forum devoted mainly to the Dune novels and related games. People, including me, mostly stick around because they've been there for ages.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    Niiiice.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Alright, well since this isn't locked, here is a look at where I still actively post and a rough idea of how many posts I have in those places...

The Herdstone - A discussion forum for the Warhammer army I play. I have about 5100 posts there and I am a Moderator.
    MadMinute Games - Makers of the best game in the world, Take Command, 2nd Manassas... I have about 500 posts on their forum.
    Paradox Plaza - I have about 60 posts there.
    TheorySpark Forums - They make one of my other favourite game: President Forever 2008 + Primaries, which I actively mod. I have about 70 posts here.
    Politics Australia - A new forum for Australian Politics. I have roughly 60 posts here and I am a Moderator.
    Oz Election Forums - About 1200 posts and I moderate it.

So all told (Including my ~4000 posts on the Org), I have made close to 11000 posts on the internet (plus at least a 1000 on forums I no longer go to).

I need to get a life.
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Dekonia

Ehhhh... my brother owns the site... I don't do much other than post random stuff

Simrtk
    Simulation Romance of the three kingdoms

/b/ I can't post a link or I will get in trouble... but /b/ really isnt a forum is it... more like a image board....

I can't post alot of my forums because at some point or another if a mod goes through them I will get in trouble for something... nudity heavy language gore... more stuff but I can get introuble for saying it.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Quote Originally Posted by spmetla
    HEY, a fellow MP.Netter Awesome place imho!
    How long ya been there? Op and what's your sig?
    I'm Kawaiku if you're curious

I also reside here Game Squad, in which I play the Combat Mission series with these guys. Fun little community. I'm also known as Kawaiku there too.

And last but not least. DeviantArt. My homepage: Kawaiku
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

CA, I registered with the new Australian Politics Forum and activated my email but it is saying that I have to follow a different link to an admin only login. Obviously I cannot log in there, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo
    CA, I registered with the new Australian Politics Forum and activated my email but it is saying that I have to follow a different link to an admin only login. Obviously I cannot log in there, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I've passed it onto the Admin, I'll PM you here when he fixes it up.

Default AW: Re: AW: Other Forums Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Decker
    HEY, a fellow MP.Netter Awesome place imho!
    How long ya been there? Op and what's your sig?
    I'm Kawaiku if you're curious

I also reside here Game Squad, in which I play the Combat Mission series with these guys. Fun little community. I'm also known as Kawaiku there too.

And last but not least. DeviantArt. My homepage: Kawaiku
    It IS an awesome place, though the gloves come off a bit more in their political discussions/rants section. It is a great place to keep up with the various conflicts of the world, there would be several more countries I did not know existed if their militaries' pics had not been posted in the small navy/african country picture threads. I'm Schpetzka
    I can't say I post often because the sheer volume of stuff that already comes out.

What'd you think of the recent flooding of PD/Rants section with very pro-People's Republic propagandists? Worse than the spats that the Turks and Greeks get into!

-Abraham Lincoln

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Default Re: AW: Re: AW: Other Forums Thread

Quote Originally Posted by spmetla
    It IS an awesome place, though the gloves come off a bit more in their political discussions/rants section. It is a great place to keep up with the various conflicts of the world, there would be several more countries I did not know existed if their militaries' pics had not been posted in the small navy/african country picture threads. I'm Schpetzka
    I can't say I post often because the sheer volume of stuff that already comes out.
    Haha they come off all the time lol... then you get banned haha.
    And yes it's a good place to get news about what's going on elsewhere.

What'd you think of the recent flooding of PD/Rants section with very pro-People's Republic propagandists? Worse than the spats that the Turks and Greeks get into!
    Meh... I've seen worse. Search for Balkans threads. The Turk-Greek bouts are nothing compared to those!! Man when I first joined...*shew* it was like WWIII in those threads.

I'm Schpetzka
    Ahh...been there for a couple days...how long were ya lurkin?
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

boy of DESTINY Senior Member Big_John's Avatar

Default Re: AW: Re: AW: Other Forums Thread

long ago: Halflife2.net forums
    i guess i'm still technically a member, but i haven't visited since the before time.

not as long ago: Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums, but i got teh ban. it's a wild and woolly place, everyone gets teh ban there. it's just a matter of time (usually a short matter).
    now i'm here, and history is vindicated.

Deranged rock ape Member Quirinus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    Bah, 1,000 posts there 400 there and there and some other places 1-10. posts.
    Same here. I'm a forum junkie, but the only forum I've been long enough to rack up a significant amount of posts is a Naruto forum, where I had... 7000 posts? Or thereabouts.

I started with medium-sized forums, moved on to huge forums, and then had a period of frequenting small ones started by friends. Recently been moving back to larger forums though.
    WARNING! This baseline signature should never appear on screen!

I am a total sucker for searching for new forums. Must be something to do with being a Green, I love to see things grow. Forums started by friends are awful though are they not? Complete dribble.