Thread: whats the hardest faction to been now that 1.1 come out

Default whats the hardest faction to been now that 1.1 come out

whats the hardest faction to been now that 1.1 come out

I've notice that bactria has now only one faction so is the game start for them alot harder or more or else the same

dose anyone player house rules on veryhard veryhard

I am think about doing a campaign on veryhard veryhard with one of the hardest faction and a few house rule like historical army as far as possible and a few other if anyones got any good ones

has anyone manage to get far on veryhard veryhard yet or dose it seem inpossible

The Creator of Stories Member Parallel Pain's Avatar

Default Re: whats the hardest faction to been now that 1.1 come out

Too bad I'm stuck on 1.0

At least Saka has the worst economy and I beat it on VH/VH. In 1.0 it's "neigh-impossible" the other two are Pontos and Haystadan(sp?). They have better economy but will have to fight Ptolemy early so Iunno.

I'd like to hear too.

Pontos' economy is pretty easy to turn around, just disband your initial cavalry (FM is all you need), then conquer Sinope and Trapz-something-something. By all means, avoid Bythnia and Galatia as it will piss off AS and attack you within a couple of turns.
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

Going to have to say Hayasdan
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

although they seem to be hard at the beginning you've got horse achers so aren't they easyer on very hard than say brition or germany that don't have access to good cavalry at least to me they seem to look like the hardest factions to be not for there money side which end up huge with any faction but for there man power and how hard there units are

has anyone done a very hard campaign as german or brition
    Last edited by king hannibal; 04-19-2008 at 18:36.

if you want hardest campaign on VH/VH i'd say Pontus and Armenia are the way to go. those horse archers you mentioned wont be available for at least 5 first years unless you get pricie mercenaries. not to mention they will be much less effective on VH battle. which kind of defeats the purpose. why would you want such unbalanced game when units are almost unbreakable and low end AI skirmishers become equals to you heavy infantry?

yeah but you can do skrimirsh battle and so just spend hours wearying down the army from a disance before going in close to finish them off

I started a pontus campaign on vh on 1.0and to be honest it wasn't as hard as what I though it would be. as the avial and the hammer still works well and the flanks are the only hard bit to defend

Quote Originally Posted by king hannibal
    yeah but you can do skrimirsh battle and so just spend hours wearying down the army from a disance before going in close to finish them off

I started a pontus campaign on vh on 1.0and to be honest it wasn't as hard as what I though it would be. as the avial and the hammer still works well and the flanks are the only hard bit to defend
    Ammo rarely lasts long enough
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

to be honest I've found the britions to be hardest as every town you come up againest if it's got about the same number of troops as you. your've got to besiege it unless you want to loss most of that army if not all of it you also have weak moral with brition and your men aren't to tough ever

your men will always loss if you try a head on attack something that didn't happen with pontus and as the other factions have horse archers I vote for brition as the hardest

I love the Casse, and when i first got EB i first played as them, it was hard to adjust to, from vanilla. I dont find the Casse battles hard at all. I woulda fought the Saka are the hardest. I always struggle with them.
    As I walked through the Glenshane Pass I heard a young girl mourn
    The boy form Tamlaghtduff 'she cried 'is two years dead and gone'
    How my heart is torn apart this young man to lose
    Oh I'll never see the likes again of my young Francis Hughes ....

Its also good to know that Sweboz and Saka can easily get 100k debt before going into the green.

~Fluvius

hi Shylence did you try playing historical as them as half your army is levys also you have a good starting postion to start with them yes but your men are so of the weakest out there and have low moral and with no real horsemen you can't infict casutise that easyily

saka maybe be hard at the beginning but when you get horse achers you can domiant the battle feild and playing historical you can still prossible make half your army archer and skrimisher so kill from a distance then retreat and go back next turn and finish them off

The steppe factions have the hardest overall economy but the hardest factions at the beginning are Pontus and Hayasdan because if the Seleucids decide to betray you, you're screwed. KH can be very tough if the Maks siege and take Athens during the first year.

you can do pontus in gerenals cam easily on very hard what the biggey with them?

try getting though the campiagn abit with brition at I think they will end up being the hardest all round

with all the other faction you get phalanxs and heavy horse men with brition you get chorit which aren't to bad very bad cav and aload of levy troop with a few good ones if you play historical

The Creator of Stories Member Parallel Pain's Avatar

There's nothing wrong using proper punctuation.

And it's all fighting styles. I have trained myself for quite a while to swarm against AI, so give me any of the steppe factions and I will slaughter

But if you give me Saka economy with Saba rouster, I don't think even I can win.

Hayasdan for me

Baktria is definitely harder in 1.1 than in 1.0, but I would think that Pahlava or Samartae would be the hardest factions...

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Saka actually aren't that hard if you can sucessfully blitz baktria in 4 turns, which I successfully did in "Of Mail and Men" (search the AARs). Hay is the hardest, especially now with the reforms. Although I must say that Pontos has to tread carefully or it WILL get squashed really quickly.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Quote Originally Posted by king hannibal View Post
    you can do pontus in gerenals cam easily on very hard what the biggey with them?

try getting though the campiagn abit with brition at I think they will end up being the hardest all round

with all the other faction you get phalanxs and heavy horse men with brition you get chorit which aren't to bad very bad cav and aload of levy troop with a few good ones if you play historical
    Which faction are you actually talking about?