Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Megan's Law is unconstitutional

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Megan's Law is unconstitutional

After a sex offender has served his time (IE his debt to the citizens) The government has no right to track his movements thereafter. If you want to make sure they wont offend again harsher punishments are the only legal way to assure this.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Default Re: Megan's Law is unconstitutional

I competely agree. Lock them up for life, and there's no need to track them.

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars View Post
    I competely agree. Lock them up for life, and there's no need to track them.
    Sure, lets do it.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Locking them up costs so much, why not just execute since they don't really contribute to society (devil's advocate)
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All adults and indeed children should be able to differentiate between desires and actions. I find people that find children sexually attractive, but then again I based my desires on what someone looks like, not their chronological age. So, where does statutory rape end and paedophilia begin? A 19 year old sleeping with a 17 year old he picked up at a night club that's over 18 only is one extreme, but what if the guy was 30, or 50? And what if it wasn't a nightclub, but a pub or a shopping centre? To further muddy the waters, in extremis I've seen 14 year olds more sexually developed than 18 year olds.

Paedophiles usually find individuals with no sexual development attractive. OK. But in this lifetime something better kept to yourself. Those that act on it should be punished.

But after serving sentence they should be as free to have a normal life as murderers, drink drivers, arsonists or any other piece of scum that gets released from jail. If they do it again then I'd advocate chemical castration.
    Last edited by rory_20_uk; 08-31-2008 at 20:28.
    An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

So little 6 year-old Billy stumbles and falls onto the boobs of the kindergarten teacher who was sitting next to him, she sues him, he's a sex offender and gets shot, sounds good.

Yes, it has a point somewhere, keep looking.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    So little 6 year-old Billy stumbles and falls onto the boobs of the kindergarten teacher who was sitting next to him, she sues him, he's a sex offender and gets shot, sounds good.

You mean whereby you exchange Billy for Megan and the teacher being a guy?
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post

No. There's a certain level where it must be considered reasonable to become a sex offender - grope a bunch of kids, you're a sex offender. Trip and fall on a child - you're not (unless you do it a bunch of times as an excuse). We need to be reasonable - and lock the real sex offenders up for life.

No. There's a certain level where it must be considered reasonable to become a sex offender - grope a bunch of kids, you're a sex offender. Trip and fall on a child - you're not (unless you do it a bunch of times as an excuse). We need to be reasonable - and lock the real sex offenders up for life.
    Since we are making believe, who not just change the laws on child abuse? If the kid says he/she wanted it and so did the adult, why shouldn't they be able to do what they'd like? I don't want to hear any old arguments or potential consequences - lets just change the laws and presto - no more child molesting criminals.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by TuffStuffMcGruff View Post
    Since we are making believe, who not just change the laws on child abuse? If the kid says he/she wanted it and so did the adult, why shouldn't they be able to do what they'd like? I don't want to hear any old arguments or potential consequences - lets just change the laws and presto - no more child molesting criminals.
    because a 6 year old cant give consent

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    because a 6 year old cant give consent
    They can say yes. Oh, you mean consent as it is legally understood? Lets just change that as it is clearly out of line with natural consent. When a kid says yes to candy, I'm pretty sure that they want the candy.
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 08-31-2008 at 21:52.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They can say yes. Oh, you mean consent as it is legally understood? Lets just change that as it is clearly out of line with natural consent. When a kid says yes to candy, I'm pretty sure that they want the candy.
    Saying yes to candy and being abused by an adult are different things and none of this has to do with the legality of tracking pedos once their out.

Well, if a six year old trips and falls into his teacher's breasts, it's not reasonable to label him a sex offender. It's also not reasonable to label an 18 year old male who has consensual sex with a 16 year old female a sex offender.

Saying yes to candy and being abused by an adult are different things and none of this has to do with the legality of tracking pedos once their out.
    How do you know that there is abuse? Just because 2 people are drastically different in age doesn't mean that they can't love one another, right? What about "soul mates"? The concept of a lower age limit to marriage is pretty new concept and I'm not so sure that it is rationally founded.

Also - why can't kids work in a serious factory job? A number of automaton ape people who probably arn't as bright as an 8 year old can do it - why not a kid with a good head on their shoulders if they'd like to? The concept of childhood is a Victorian fabrication anyway.
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 08-31-2008 at 22:02.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Take it easy SFTS. As Redleg would say (if he were here now): 'TSMcG is utilizing the false Reductio ad Absurdum debate tactic to refute your premise.'
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

How do you know that there is abuse? Just because 2 people are drastically different in age doesn't mean that they can't love one another, right? What about "soul mates"? The concept of a lower age limit to marriage is pretty new concept and I'm not so sure that it is rationally founded.

Also - why can't kids work in a serious factory job? A number of automaton ape people who probably arn't as bright as an 8 year old can do it - why not a kid with a good head on their shoulders if they'd like to? The concept of childhood is a Victorian fabrication anyway.
    What does this have to do with Meagan's law?

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After a sex offender has served his time (IE his debt to the citizens) The government has no right to track his movements thereafter. If you want to make sure they wont offend again harsher punishments are the only legal way to assure this.
    I cannot agree with you here Strike. If they are allowed out of prison before they die, they should be tracked. They've squandered the right not to be tracked by abusing children.

It goes without saying this applies to real sex offenders, not streakers or other nonsense.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Everyone with bodies should be locked up.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Megan's Law is unconstitutional

Why quarrel over this? Surely we can settle on a compromise here?

I suggest locking 'em up for life and tracking them in their cells. Or not tracking them and just locking them up. Whatever makes you bleedin' heart paedophile lovers happy.

Where's Dave when you need him? I'm sure he can express my feelings on this subject much more eloquently.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Default Re: Re : Megan's Law is unconstitutional

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    Why quarrel over this? Surely we can settle on a compromise here?

I suggest locking 'em up for life and tracking them in their cells. Or not tracking them and just locking them up. Whatever makes you bleedin' heart paedophile lovers happy.

Where's Dave when you need him? I'm sure he can express my feelings on this subject much more eloquently.
    Its not a matter of liking the pedos its a matter of constitutional law and the government in citizens bidness. The last people you want to defend are usually the first people you need to

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit View Post
    I cannot agree with you here Strike. If they are allowed out of prison before they die, they should be tracked. They've squandered the right not to be tracked by abusing children.

It goes without saying this applies to real sex offenders, not streakers or other nonsense.

CR
    then if they are still a danger keep them locked up....I´m all for locking these kinds of people up and throwing away the key....and hard labor too.

but if they are released logic follows that they are no longer a threat.....so they should not be tracked.
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Just execute serious sex offenders such as Mr. Glitter. Then take everything they owned and put it towards reconstructing their vicitms lives.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Default Re : Re: Re : Megan's Law is unconstitutional

Its not a matter of liking the pedos its a matter of constitutional law and the government in citizens bidness. The last people you want to defend are usually the first people you need to
    Now don't you go all educated and reasonable on me, you uppity freshman college boy.

We Texans - Texan at heart, that is - know just how to deal with child raping scum.
    Not everything

Default Re: Re : Re: Re : Megan's Law is unconstitutional

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    Now don't you go all educated and reasonable on me, you uppity freshman college boy.

We Texans - Texan at heart, that is - know just how to deal with child raping scum.
    I love being a Texan. dont you?

Default Re : Megan's Law is unconstitutional

It's the best. A level of grandeur I've aspired to all my life.
    Not everything

White Panther (Legalize Weed!) Member AlexanderSextus's Avatar

i for one, think we need to make the idea of statutory rape more conditional.

For example, if a 30 year old guy forces a 15 year old girl to have sex with him, that is STATUTORY RAPE.

but if a 19 year old guy and a 15 year old girl are in a relationship, and are having sex, why should the 19 year old go to jail???? I mean, if the girl wants to have sex with him, isnt it her body and her choice????

If she gets pregnant that's HER fault, she should've said no.

I really dont buy the idea that a girl under 16 is not smart enough to decide for herself if she wants to have sex with someone. Yeah, it might be true for some girls, but its not necessarily true across the board.

I think that it should only be statutory rape if the girl is 5 years younger or more. The "Age of consent" thing is .

even little kids know whether or not they want something...that is to say, not that little kids should have sex, no. but that there shouldnt be an "age where you are smart enough to consent" some people are smarter than others.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 09-01-2008 at 06:52. Reason: Language
    Do you hate Drug Cartels? Do You believe that the Drug War is basically a failure? Do you think that if we Legalized the Cannabis market, that use rates would drop, we could put age limits on cannabis, tax it, and other wise regulate it? Join The ORG Marijuana Policy Project!

In American politics, similar to British politics, we have a choice between being shot in our left testicle or the right testicle. Both parties advocate pissing on the little guys, only in different ways and to a different little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderSextus View Post
    I think that it should only be statutory rape if the girl is 5 years younger or more. The "Age of consent" thing is .
    If the girl or the guy is five years younger or more, and the youngest one was below the age of consent. Otherwise I'm sure many married couples would consistently be committing rape.

You'd have to look at the situation as well. If the girl lies to the guy about her age, for example, it shouldn't be rape.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 09-01-2008 at 06:53. Reason: Edited quote

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Post Re: Megan's Law is unconstitutional

Lock everyone up. Case solved.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

White Panther (Legalize Weed!) Member AlexanderSextus's Avatar

You'd have to look at the situation as well. If the girl lies to the guy about her age, for example, it shouldn't be rape.

See thats what i'm talking about.

Actually, my cousin went out with a 15 year old girl when he was 18. Luckily, her parents liked him and he never got in trouble. My point is that there was nothing wrong with what they were doing... she was on birth control, never got pregnant, so what harm was done? see what i'm saying?
    Do you hate Drug Cartels? Do You believe that the Drug War is basically a failure? Do you think that if we Legalized the Cannabis market, that use rates would drop, we could put age limits on cannabis, tax it, and other wise regulate it? Join The ORG Marijuana Policy Project!

In American politics, similar to British politics, we have a choice between being shot in our left testicle or the right testicle. Both parties advocate pissing on the little guys, only in different ways and to a different little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderSextus View Post
    See thats what i'm talking about.

Actually, my cousin went out with a 15 year old girl when he was 18. Luckily, her parents liked him and he never got in trouble. My point is that there was nothing wrong with what they were doing... she was on birth control, never got pregnant, so what harm was done? see what i'm saying?
    I agree with that, yes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast