Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Whispers in the Night - Mafia Game [Concluded]

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

Default Whispers in the Night - Mafia Game [Concluded]

Whispers in the Night

Game Hosted by yours truly, YourLordandConqueror (aka, YLC)

Many thanks to Sigurd who helped with some design element ideas

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Your story begins late one day, after coming home from a stressing day at work, where you were reminded for the umpteenth time that you are simply not being paid enough for what you do. You hastily grab your mail from your box as you hop up the stairs to your apartment (or flat, depends on where you live) to dive in and attack the couch with your tiredness. However, before you can begin your plans of procrastination, you stop to examine your mail before you open your door, maybe for the first time in your life. You flip through it, searching desperately from something behind the bills, notices, and advertisements - all asking for money you don't have. Finally, you find it, and you throw everything else to the ground.

A plain envelope, with no markings upon it, not even a stamp, and yet, you can almost read the contents before you open it. Feverishly, you tear the innocent thing open to find a not just as simple.

You are cordially invited to attend an open house event for the next 24 hours. During this time, we ask you take notes on the condition of the house you will be staying in, and that afterward, you will be awarded a lump, non-taxable sum of 100,000 dollars US. We do hope you can attend today. Please hurry, there is only so much space...

Underneath, their is the address of the house you are supposed to go to. You check the note back to front, but even on the closest inspection it's obviously not signed (so stop looking!). A grin appears across your face - this is your chance! As your mind races through the possibilities, your feet race down the stairs, through the parking lot, and into your car (or automobile, depends on where you live). You race down the highway, intent on arriving before anyone else can get to that money...

This is not your usual mafia game, so be prepared for some unexpected surprises. There will be one or two mafioso, and a few power roles in the beginning.

Rules(shamelessly ripped from Netherworld, with a few modification according to this games needs ):

NO QUOTING PMS, NO QUOTING CHATLOGS, NO SCREENSHOTS, NO ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS, AND NO TRANSLATING PM'S(Andres)-You may claim whatever you want, including role name, so long as you don't quote my PM's word for word, or very close to word for word. Also, you cannot reveal victory conditions. Period.

The dead cannot reveal anything unless I allow them to, including previous night actions, but they may participate as much as they want to contribute to general discussion. The dead also may not communicate outside the thread in any way, shape, or form relating to this game, be it via PM, chat, quicktopic, or other, except at Host discretion.

I do not allow Vote: No Lynch as an option. Period. You may abstain, however.

If you wish to take back a vote, you CANNOT do it by editing a previous post. I will not count it. Period. You must unvote:playerX in order to recant the previous vote. In order to vote for someone, you must do so in the usual Vote:YLC style. Votes must be bolded, for reference.

WOGs will occur if a person does not vote 3 rounds in a row, or if they do not vote in 4 rounds in total. Please, please don't make me WOG you. It won't be a pretty death.

Suicides will only be allowed in the event of a person being very much unable to participate in the game. I do not allow suicides for any other reason.

No links to anything outside of this thread. Period. I don't care if it pertains to something completely irrelevant.

It would be very helpful for the sake of my sanity if player's kept a tally running.

DON'T MESS WITH THE TALLY! If I determine ANYONE is intentionally misrepresenting the tally, I WILL wog the offender immediately. I will not put up with BS like that.

Voting periods will be 24 hours, though I may occasionally extend it to 36 if necessary.

Any ties in voting will await someone to break it. First vote to either person who is tied will result in lynch, regardless of any posts after it.

Players (15/15)
    Askthepizzaguy
    taka
    187Beefyz
    Sigurd
    TevashSzat
    shlin28
    777Ares777
    Quintus.JC
    White_Eyes :D
    Glyphz
    Reenk Roink
    Andres
    Caius
    Chaotix27
    Khaan
    Last edited by ULC; 01-19-2009 at 20:54.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: Whispers in the Night - Mafia Game (Sign Ups)

I'm always up for something kinky and unusual.

Just don't whisper too loudly, the people in the next room will hear us.

#Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

oo i like unexpected surprises

in
    Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    Act all cool and stuff, only taka knows about your true noobness.
    Tainted Evil, Reenk's synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    taka points his finger at iskander and says "pew pew pew". He then points his finger at atheotes and repeats the odd gesture "pew pew pew". The other gunfighters look at him oddly.
    Gunfight at the O.K Corral

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Im in. However I don't think i can be active from 23rd to 31st of January

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Am I eligible to join?
    Status Emeritus

So close to being able to re Member boudica's Avatar
    Apon passing under the main gate:~ Turn right at the Blacksmiths' then pass by the Brewery ~ Head past the fish market, through the square and it's the big hall with the skulls nailed to the door.

Sorry YLC - reading through Ephesus, Chicago and You Can't Win just ate up my lunch hour

I don't want my commitment level to fall short of what looks very intriguing indeed. (Will attempt to follow the thread anyway )

Follow the sorcerous carnage HERE!
    Come get your NEW RE_SIZED! Council of the Magi Teaser Sigs here!

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

hmm.....in
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Inz!

Blog Entries

sexy

Quote Originally Posted by boudica View Post
    Sorry YLC - reading through Ephesus, Chicago and You Can't Win just ate up my lunch hour

I don't want my commitment level to fall short of what looks very intriguing indeed. (Will attempt to follow the thread anyway )
    If I kill you in two of them, will that help ?

Can I ask Andres to allow me to keep this open for awhile to gain some players? It appears that with the other games, this will receive next to no attention...

And Sigurd, you can join
    Last edited by ULC; 01-15-2009 at 19:54.

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

In.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

IN and Yoyoma should try this....(I mean he whooped in the Golden Rule)

IN

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    IN and Yoyoma should try this....(I mean he whooped in the Golden Rule)
    Yoyoma feels overbooked.
    Besides, I'll probably just get knocked off the first round.

But I really would like to join....

If it comes down to it, and you need another body, count me in. Otherwise, I'll have to regretfully sit this one out.

My kingdom for a .

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoma1910 View Post
    Yoyoma feels overbooked.
    Besides, I'll probably just get knocked off the first round.

But I really would like to join....

If it comes down to it, and you need another body, count me in. Otherwise, I'll have to regretfully sit this one out.
    Hopefully this game will be open for a few days for sign ups. I'll even ask if Andres will allow more then 15 people if enough want to join, I don't like turning people away. Hopefully I can get a few veterans in here, cause trust me, this isn't your run of the mill mafia game
    Last edited by ULC; 01-15-2009 at 23:13.

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

And it is time you guys sitting out because of being too involved learn the ways of skimming or not reading 90% of the posts at all.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YLC View Post
    NO TRANSLATING PM'S(Andres)-

Ah, the memories...

I'm very tempted to join.

Meh, sign me up
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Brilliant Mind in.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

In!
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

One more and we can begin, but if Andres allows I'd except even more people

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

It appears we have enough players to begin, although I feel bad for Yoyoma and Boudica. I'll be doing the opening write up, game starts during the night phase, and PM's will be sent.

PM's sent! If you did not get one, then your just a normal townie. Write up coming soon

...Finally, you pull up to what appears to be a massive, looming mansion. You look at the address again just to make sure it's the right place, and without a moments hesitation, you leap from your car and race up the steps and into the main hall...where 15 other people mill about.

"Hey, wait a minute, what are you all doing here? You didn't all get the same letter did you?" All 14 nod, and you sigh in despair. How will you ever get that money now! As you walk further into the hall way to put your jacket on a hook after stepping out of the cold winters night, the grand double doors behind you slam shut violently. All 15 of you turn and look at the doors with surprise, fright, or a knowing look on their faces.

You speak first. "Must have been the wind..." You walk over to the doors to open them again, but they refuse to budge. "It's locked," you sigh "does anyone have a key to this place?" A middle-aged man raises his hand, and speaks in an eastern european accent. "Of course! I'm the groundskeeper round here..here let me get it..." You move aside as the groundskeeper pulls out his ring of keys and tries the doors.

As the first does not work, a frown crosses his face. he pulls the key out and tries another, but again to no avail. after going through half the ring of keys, and yet another failure, the groundskeeper tries to pull out the key. It snaps suddenly, the front end stuck inside the keyhole. He stares in a bit of disbelief and shock. "Oh no..."

You suddenly turn inquisitorial. "Oh no what? You can't tell me that we have no other way of getting out!" The groundskeeper shakes his head. "That's exactly it. Unless one of you is a locksmith, then were not going to open this door at all. and the other doors to the outside are boarded up solid, and all the windows are barred."

"You throw your hands up. Of course! You turn to one of the other guests. "Can someone try the phones?" The groundskeeper chuckles. "The phones don't work in this place, service was shutdown awhile ago. owners of this place always kept the electricity running though, don't know why..."

One of the guests yelps. "My cellphones isn't working either!" Shouts of confirmation go around as it appears no ones cellphone is working. This is getting weirder by the minute. You turn to the groundskeeper. "So how we going to get out?" the groundskeeper answers hesitantly. "Someone from a land developer is supposed to come out in a few days to look the place over. I'm pretty sure he will help us all out. Until then..well, guess we have to sit tight..."

The guests looked at each other warily as night finally descended and total darkness took over...

Begin Night One!
    Please send in night orders within the next 24 hours

Blog Entries

First!

Just posting before im off to sleep.

Blog Entries

Firstly, ares has horrible tasting flesh, so you don't want me zombies/horror being etc.

End Night One...

After the Groundskeeper showed each person to their rooms, everyone settled in for a restful nights sleep. Some floor boards creaked, the wind howled, the windows rattled, and the snow danced outside in the gale, but the night otherwise remained uneventful.

...Begin Day One

You may start voting now. Voting period will remain open for 24 hours, and an extension for another 12 hours can be called if two or more people ask for it.

may i ask what we are voting for? since this is not a usual mafia game, are we voting for a mafia/killer/zombie/ghost?

i'll vote: abstain for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    Act all cool and stuff, only taka knows about your true noobness.
    Tainted Evil, Reenk's synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    taka points his finger at iskander and says "pew pew pew". He then points his finger at atheotes and repeats the odd gesture "pew pew pew". The other gunfighters look at him oddly.
    Gunfight at the O.K Corral

Blog Entries

As there is nothing eventful, I shall abstain from voting.

Vote: Abstain

I say that we are trapped in this house because someone amongst us is made of 100% pure evilz!

Vote: Taka

I'm watching you! Don't think you can escape notice just beacuse you "abstain" from doing whatever it is we are voting for.

So what are we voting for again?

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast