Thread: who is Sabazious?

Default who is Sabazious?

I'm playing Pontus and one of my generals just gained a Sabazios worshipper trait. Problem is there is no temple of Sabazios in recently conquered Sinope. I think I burned a Posiedon temple previously... Anyway I want to build something to make my ruler/people in the city happy. Which one of my four deities correspond to this mysterious Sabazios? Kybele, Mithra, Men or Zues?

Also can anyone point me to a good thread regarding temple bonuses in regards to priests my govenors can get? Do govenors gain other traits based on temples in my city? For example if I build a Hermes temple does my ruler gain trade-type traits? Do traits run similarly across cultures, for example do all agriculture gods give my govenors bonuses related to agriculture? Did I ask enough questions?
    Last edited by ilDuce68; 02-03-2009 at 03:35.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Default Re: who is Sabazious?

Quote Originally Posted by ilDuce68 View Post
    I'm playing Pontus and one of my generals just gained a Sabazios worshipper trait. Problem is there is no temple of Sabazios in recently conquered Sinope. I think I burned a Posiedon temple previously... Anyway I want to build something to make my ruler/people in the city happy. Which one of my four deities correspond to this mysterious Sabazios? Kybele, Mithra, Men or Zues?

Also can anyone point me to a good thread regarding temple bonuses in regards to priests my govenors can get? Do govenors gain other traits based on temples in my city? For example if I build a Hermes temple does my ruler gain trade-type traits? Do traits run similarly across cultures, for example do all agriculture gods give my govenors bonuses related to agriculture? Did I ask enough questions?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabazios

that might be it-right area, right time, right place.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

On a tree-covered mountain in Anniston, Alabama, USA

Default Re: who is Sabazious?

He's associated with Zeus, but his rituals reminded the Greeks of Dionysos. Poseidon's temple is the temple_of_battle, so that may be where you got the trait. I guess you could say that your general worshipped Sabazios and destroyed the temple of Poseidon so he could build one to Zeus (Sabazios). Generals who worship Sabazios and build temples to him are more likely to drink and be brave.

Ludens wrote a guide to temples in EB

Ah! the Generals! they are numerous, but not good for much (especially if they're Languorous)!
    -- Aristophanes, if he played EB