Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Getting rid of the giant trees

Default Re: Getting rid of the giant trees

I'm interested in this mod, but somehow I cannot get it to work. I'm playing EB 1.2 using BI.exe (started my current campaign using RTW.exe and then switched). No other mods. All "offical" 1.2 fixes apoplied. I dowloaded this mod, followed the instructions (I believe) to the letter. My shortcut target reads:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War - EB\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:eb -nm -show_err -ne

First problem: when I try to start a new EB campaign using BI.exe, I don't get the option to do so. From the main menu, I go to "single player", then "EB main campaign", and then I get a pop-up window asking me to "Please select an item from the list." with no list to pick anything from. I've encountered this problem before, so I know it has nothing to do with this mod. So, I'm thinking I'll just start a new campaign using RTW.exe, in order to generate map.rwm, then switch over later to my ongoing campaign using BI.exe (which allows me to load games just fine, even those started on RTW.exe, but I'm sure you all know this...). So I create another shortcut with a target line reading:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War - EB\RomeTW.exe" -mod:eb -nm -show_err -ne

This time I manage to start a new campaign, then I quit, and check my .../EB/Data/world/maps/base folder, but no new map.rwm file has been generated.

Now, I know I have installed my game in the Program Files (x86) folder, which is not recommended. But then I have also managed to give myself access rights to this folder, which has for instance already enabled me to change the resolution in descr_auto_optimise_options.txt, and also to add new music to the game. So I'm thinking this should not be an issue. Or should it? I have read through the 3 pages of this thread thoroughly at least twice but cannot find any hints to put me in the right direction for a solution.

Any help is clearly welcome...

I fixed my own problem.

I had almost lost a battle to the timer where the enemy retreated, but a few of their troops were blocked by trees and therefore could not leave the battlefield. Because I was the attacker, I would have lost the battle had at least one enemy troop been left on the battlefield after the time limit. It is frustrating to look for such troops blocked between two giant trees where you basically can't see anything because of the reduced visibility. Anyways, this gave me renewed interest in addressing the giant tree problem so I just went through the steps of this mod again. I'm thinking I must have used the wrong .../world/maps/base folder the first time, because this time it worked fine.

Many thanks to Centurio Nixalsverdrus for your modding and for sharing this with the community. Much appreciated!

No download links work please...

Treeeeessss

+1 I'd like a working download link seperate from Jirisys' megamodpack, because that one causes too much ctd's for me

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234