Thread: Release date stated on ModDB?

Default Release date stated on ModDB?

After some exploring I came across this page - http://www.moddb.com/mods/europa-barbarorum-2

Can anyone from the team confirm this is the slated date?

Edit: Also, someone in the comments section is reporting it to be August 15
    Last edited by Jormungand; 08-12-2014 at 17:35.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: Release date stated on ModDB?

Information is not knowledge.

August 1st was the release date. Where have you guys been?

Member thankful for this post:

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

Good to see (read) that you guys still haven't lost your humour.

As a sidenote: the 22nd of August would be another rather perfect joke, as I have 6 days off (can't remember the last time I had more than 2 days off :D) from 16th to 21st. :D

Much more serious: Checking this forum and Twitter (the only Twitter site I ever had a look at, by the way) is the first I do (5 am) and the last I do (9 pm) every day for quite some time already. And now that it is a matter of weeks or even days (rather than years) until I can have a look at EB II myself, maintaining the complete patience I felt throughout all those years is almost impossible, all of a sudden.

The human mind is an odd thing.
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; 08-12-2014 at 18:54.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

1. EB 2

2. Hlaf-life 3

Two things I crave to come out, and two things I'll actually listen to silly release date theories about haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwalker View Post
    And now that it is a matter of weeks or even days (rather than years) until I can have a look at EB II myself, maintaining the complete patience I felt throughout all those years is almost impossible, all of a sudden
    Likewise. While not a member on this forum since the old days of EB1's conception, I discovered here back in 2009, a different time when EB II was a faraway dream on the horizon, epic AARs were prevalent across the board, Cute Wolf was making his mod and let us not forget the Romaioktonoi.

It's nice to see that everything has finally come down to this moment and hoping to play the real Rome 2 as it should've come out!

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

As a sidenote: the 22nd of August would be another rather perfect joke, as I have 6 days off (can't remember the last time I had more than 2 days off :D) from 16th to 21st. :D

Much more serious: Checking this forum and Twitter (the only Twitter site I ever had a look at, by the way) is the first I do (5 am) and the last I do (9 pm) every day for quite some time already. And now that it is a matter of weeks or even days (rather than years) until I can have a look at EB II myself, maintaining the complete patience I felt throughout all those years is almost impossible, all of a sudden.

Don't forget to check our facebook page either!
    https://www.facebook.com/europabarbarorum2

Same here. I've been waiting EB2 since 7 years, being checking the twitter and forums various times a day even when posts happened only a few times a month, had to deny the chance of being one of the first beta testers because I was too busy at the time... And today, that EB2 is almost at hand reach, I had the genious idea to told my boss that he don't need to give me so many days off during the next months (since there's a lot of work to do and lacking manpower). Yeah, I'm totally a masochist.
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; 08-13-2014 at 00:00.

We don't know the exact release date, but we know it's August, and there's only a couple of weeks left in August! So not long left to wait!

I won't be downloading on the release date anyway, so I don't care when in August it is. I still have to buy a new PC to run EB2, my old Alienware M11x R2 can only run EB1 on minimum detail. New PC will arrive in early September.

Lost between books & coins Member DeathFinger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TylerX5 View Post
    1. EB 2

2. Half-life 3

Two things I crave to come out, and two things I'll actually listen to silly release date theories about haha.

Sorry couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Marcellus Scato View Post
    We don't know the exact release date, but we know it's August, and there's only a couple of weeks left in August! So not long left to wait!

I won't be downloading on the release date anyway, so I don't care when in August it is. I still have to buy a new PC to run EB2, my old Alienware M11x R2 can only run EB1 on minimum detail. New PC will arrive in early September.

I actually just bought a new PC build yesterday (about 830$) http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/Sh...mit=ChangeItem

1. EB 2

2. Hlaf-life 3

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFinger View Post

Sorry couldn't resist
    It's pretty amazing that a bunch of history buffs working in their spare time can put out their highly anticipated sequel much quicker than a famous game developing company brimming with Steam money is able to!
    ξυνòς 'Evυáλιoς κaí τε κτανéoντα κατéκτα
    Alike to all is the War God, and him who would kill he kills. (Il. 18.309)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadwalader View Post
    It's pretty amazing that a bunch of history buffs working in their spare time can put out their highly anticipated sequel much quicker than a famous game developing company brimming with Steam money is able to!

It is very amazing isn't it.....unless we consider the possibility that ancient astronauts helped them with this mod. Then it all makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Skald View Post
    It is very amazing isn't it.....unless we consider the possibility that ancient astronauts helped them with this mod. Then it all makes sense.
    I guess we'll have to wait for EBIII: History Channel Edition to find out. ;)
    ξυνòς 'Evυáλιoς κaí τε κτανéoντα κατéκτα
    Alike to all is the War God, and him who would kill he kills. (Il. 18.309)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadwalader View Post
    I feel that's a false equivalence. EB's backbone is built on the TW series. I'm not a programmer but from what I understand designing an engine is much harder than modding it.

That said I do think the EB has a better grasp on Gameplay design overall, and not just for the historical audience.

I feel that's a false equivalence. EB's backbone is built on the TW series. I'm not a programmer but from what I understand designing an engine is much harder than modding it.

That said I do think the EB has a better grasp on Gameplay design overall, and not just for the historical audience.
    Of course it is but it's also a big difference in the manpower of the teams and budget.
    Given that you can't really compare the work of the teams.

What would happen if the team designing the engine had no budget and the team modding had?

Minister of Useless Tidbits Member joshmahurin's Avatar

I think CA should have stuck to designing an engine and let modders make all the game content. Maybe then they would've had an engine that made sense and didn't have so many wonky hardcoded bugs and then they also still would've had far better content

Quote Originally Posted by joshmahurin View Post
    I think CA should have stuck to designing an engine and let modders make all the game content. Maybe then they would've had an engine that made sense and didn't have so many wonky hardcoded bugs and then they also still would've had far better content
    The only company that would do that would be valve. Gabe Newell is the only producer-ish (He doesn't really have a well defined position other than majority share holder) person of a big company that made it an objective to have community made content a priority in their IPs.

CA is run like a company making platfomrers in the 90s. Producers tell them what to make and to meet specific goals by a due date. For the majority of TW players I'd say that's fine, since like every other sega title they keep buying the next one regardless of how bad the last one was *cough* sonic *cough* because it's cool and there's a 1 in 3 chance of it being okay .

But I don't see how pitching a moddable engine for a niche audience would go sell to a company like Sega that looks for quick returns, not modest but sustainable returns.
    Last edited by TylerX5; 08-15-2014 at 03:06.

Minister of Useless Tidbits Member joshmahurin's Avatar

It was merely a wish of mine not something that would actually make sense for them to do haha