Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
Results 2,011 to 2,030 of 2030

Thread: The Council of Villains- Large Mafia Game [Concluded]

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Default Re: The Council of Villains- Large Mafia Game (IN PLAY)

The Traitors

In order of appearance...

A Very Super Market:

You are Dimentio, a psychotic jester and the true villain of Super Paper Mario.

You are smarter than most of these fool villains who seek only to rid their own worlds of their arch-nemeses. No, you see the true value in this Eggman’s Super Vague Weapon of Ambiguously Decided Doom. You will use this machine for the same purpose that you had when Mario and his friends last foiled you: to conquer the whole universe, and instate yourself as its overlord! The mysterious killing last night has given you the opportunity you need, but it has also put a thorn in your side- you now know that there are others who have the same purpose as you. Now, that just won’t do. You will have to keep killing until you’re the last one breathing.

Your alignment is Mastermind. (Serial Killer/Controller)

Now, killing these fools in person is something you are completely capable of doing, but it’s just not your style. Plus, you might draw attention to yourself. Instead, using your mastery over time, space, reality, and your psychic and psychotic power, every night you have the ability to take over the mind of a villain. This villain will do whatever you want him to do- he could kill someone, he could kill himself, he could even investigate someone for you, if that’s what you want. Experiment with the possibilities. You’ll also retain control over him during the day phase, and he won’t be able to speak or vote. If you want, you can make it painfully obvious that it was him who’s been doing the killing. But be careful with who you try to control, because there are some villains here whose power can match your own- you don’t want to mess with those ones.

Now go, young super villain, and kill all these fools- with style.

Oh, and watch out for Luigi. You know he’s here… you can sense his presence.
    Long role PM, there. That’s because there was a lot of stuff to cover in there. You can see the very clear reference to Luigi- it was important for Dimentio to know that, for reasons soon to be discussed.

Dimentio, I imagine, probably would have been the most fun traitor to play as out of all of them. For one thing- to anyone who has played the game he hails from, he is a villain who betrays the other villains. So he’s constantly in a precarious position with someone like, say, ATPG, who has incidentally played nearly every Mario game there is. But of course, that’s all just WIFOM and unreliable info, and you shouldn’t believe a word of it!

But anyway, Dimentio had some incredible powers. First- he gets to raid someone’s mind (essentially an investigation in itself) and take control of them. The first time he did it, he even got an immediate action. After that, he would have to wait for the next night to act. These actions ranged anywhere from killing someone, committing suicide, or using an ability the player had.

I had a system worked out where, based on the intelligence or mind strength of each villain, Dimentio would have a certain number or phases (days and nights separate) to control him before he started to break free. Then a series of random.org trials would determine whether the player broke free or not. These numbers could range from 0 to 5, usually. I never got to really use the system, though, because both times Dimentio controlled, it was cut short (first by AVSM killing white_eyes, next by him being lynched).

During the Day Phase, Dimentio could have sent me instructions on what to say or vote, which I would then forward to the player. The controlled player wouldn’t be able to do anything but what he dictated to them, for as long as they were under control.

If Dimentio managed to gain control over Luigi, it would have triggered a special scenario. Luigi would be transformed into Mr. L, his mind-controlled alter ego, and he would effectively “join” Dimentio, creating a “family” of sorts, with Dimentio as the head. Dimentio would be free to control still, while Mr. L would continue killing and speaking in the thread as usual, but under Dimentio’s name. If Mr. L died, Dimentio would continue as normal, but if he won Mr. L could still claim victory. If Dimentio died, however, Mr. L would become Luigi again, and rejoin the “Hero family”.

I was dissappointed that Dimentio was killed off early, but that's how mafia games are. There were still several other awesome victory scenarios to be chosen from.

------------------------------------------

shlin:

You are Kirby, the hero of the Kirby series.

When Eggman activated his dimensional scrambler, you were in the middle of a fight with King Dedede, and you were sucked into the vortex as well. You quickly swallowed the first villain you saw, Nightmare, and took his powers. You are now disguised as him, wearing his armor and helmet, and despite the obvious size discrepancy, no one has seemed to notice that Nightmare is any different from before. You must prevent the Council of Villains from creating the Super Vague Weapon of Ambiguously Decided Doom, or else your world and all the others will be destroyed, conquered, or mildly inconvenienced.

Your alignment is Hero. (Mafia)

Your special ability is this: Using your own abilities and the powers of Nightmare, you are able to slay one villain every night phase, until none of them are left. Additionally, you know that you saw Luigi when you were first brought to this place, but he has presumably taken a disguise as well. If you find him, you will be able to team up and coordinate your kills each night. Just be careful that you don’t mistake the wrong villain for Luigi in disguise. Once all the villains are dead, the universe will finally be safe from their evil.

Go, young puffball, and smite the evildoers. The fate of the universe rests on you.
    And his cover role:

Nightmare:

You are Nightmare, a fierce warrior of darkness. Or, rather, you are the sword that this warrior wields, Soul Edge, which has consumed his mind and body.

Ultimate power is certainly very appetizing to you. You like the ideas of this foolish scientist Dr. Eggman, and will assist him in ridding the laboratory of traitors, at least until his machine is complete. Once the Super Vague Weapon of Ambiguously Decided Doom is activated, however, you’ll use that immense power to harvest every soul in this room. But for now you will be very cooperative. No one needs to know about your secret plans… and you probably won’t get to use them at all over the course of this “adventure”.

Your alignment is Villain. (Town)

You are encouraged to roleplay your character- it is not necessary, but it will probably be hilarious and will certainly make the game more fun. Constantly talk about your hunger and need for souls, and post in all caps if you want.

SOULS… YOU NEED MORE SOULS!
    You may wonder why I chose Kirby and Luigi instead of the standard Mario, Link, Sonic, etc. to counter Bowser, Ganondorf, Eggman, etc. Well, that is exactly why I chose them- because you expected Mario, Link, and Sonic, or something similar to that effect.

Kirby was just for the sheer hilarity factor of a pink puffball killing big, tough villains. When I knew I was doing comedic write-ups and a light-hearted kind of game, instead of heavier, more serious material, I knew I had to use Kirby for the eventual lynch write-up. The fact that he popped out of some badass dark knight armor made it funnier, in my opinion.

As you can see, the two heroes also had the disadvantage of not knowing who each other were. It was perfectly possible for them to win the game without ever teaming up- they were still on the same side, regardless. If they found each other, they would receive a quicktopic, and the obvious advantage of being able to coordinate kills, and also the ability to team up for kills- in this way, they could completely bypass defenders, and still have two kills per night.

They didn’t have to find each other through PM and role-fishing, either. If one targeted the other for a kill, it would be negated and the two alerted to each other’s presence; the same would occur if both attacked the same target in one night.

With Kirby killed, shlin could have still had victory if Gobbledygook managed to kill all the villains. This is why he continued trying to confuse you way after he was dead- in reality, neither of them knew about the other until after shlin was dead, and even then I didn’t reveal Gobbledygook to shlin.

--------------------------------------

LittleGrizzly:

You are Kefka, an insane jester, demi-god, and the main villain of Final Fantasy VI.

All of these poor fools will regret calling you to this hellhole. You don’t need this stinking machine of death, you’ve already destroyed your world and killed all of those who want to kill you. You’ve made yourself a god, and should be reigning terror over your world, and making insane cultists build statues of you, not listening to these idiots talk about traitors. That traitor had the right idea. He wants to kill everyone here. You should kill all of these stinking morons, too. And the traitor as well. You don’t like traitors. What a magnificent idea you’ve come up with!

Your alignment is Demi-God. (Serial Killer)

Each night, you may kill one of these fools who call themselves the Council of Villains. You should also act helpful towards this pathetic council so that they don’t suspect you of murdering them. Although you could certainly kill each and every one of them where they stand, it’s much more enjoyable to surprise them in their slumber and torture them to death instead.

Go, Kefka. Kill and kill until you are the last one standing.
    Kefka was probably the hardest out of all the traitor roles to win with, mostly because he had nothing special going for him: no allies, no controlling abilities, no nothing- he was just a standard serial killer, and he didn’t have a cover role, either.

On the other hand, he could have used his apparent insanity as a cover, or claimed to be a vigilante- you saw how far that got khaan, after he was converted. If, by chance, he managed to kill another traitor (and he did have priority over the others), he might have been able to gain their power and an extra kill each night.

As it was, LittleGrizzly played a very good game, and might have even survived had he not been investigated by Khazaar. Sasaki was on to him at that point, but ATPG was also distrusting of Sasaki, a fact that could have provided an opening for LG to stay alive.

Oh, and by the way- every time I used a clown smiley in the thread when responding to questions, that was a clue towards Kefka. And really Dimentio, too. They were both psychotic jesters.

----------------------------------------

Gobbledygook:

You are Luigi, the forgotten and less popular Mario brother, who is constantly the subject of jokes and ridicule. Nonetheless, you still maintain a good relationship with your brother, and could never be considered a villain.

Why, then, are you here, amongst a Council of Villains? Well, you have no idea yourself, but since you’re here, you’ve decided to overcome your characteristic cowardice, and upstage Mario by beating every last villain in this place. Yes, you were the one that killed Cackletta, and now you are disguised as her: you’re used to wearing women’s clothing for some reason. You left her as a bloody, indistinguishable mess in the middle of the laboratory. You must regain your honor by saving not only your world, but every other world from the Super Vague Weapon of Ambiguously Decided Doom.

Your alignment is Hero. (Mafia)

Every night, you may slay one of these villains using your heightened reflexes and superior combat skills, as well as with Cackletta’s magic. Additionally, you seem to recall seeing Kirby here in the chaos that occurred when you first arrived, but he must have disguised himself as well, and even your trained eye can’t pick him out amongst the villains. If you find him, you will be able to team up and coordinate your kills each night. Just be careful that you don’t mistake the wrong villain for Kirby in disguise. Once all the villains are dead, the universe will finally be safe from their evil.

Go, Luigi. Punish them all. No longer will you be the forgotten brother!
    And his cover role:

You are Cackletta, a powerful witch and the main villain of the game Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

After having your plans to take over the Beanbean Kingdom foiled by Mario and Greenie, you now have to find another way to defeat them. Thus, you have decided to assist this Eggman person in creating his Super Vague Weapon of Ambiguously Decided Doom. You must do all that you can to catch the traitors.

Your alignment is Villain. (Town)

Additionally, you are encouraged to roleplay as Cackletta throughout the game. There are a number of humorous quotes by her if you use a simple Google search.
    Luigi was the most flexible of the traitors. I picked him because of the intended shock value when the red-text speaking plumber-like killer turned out to be him instead of his brother. I think it still turned out well, and making fun of Luigi is always hilarious, no matter what the context is. By the way, the fact that he dresses up as a woman is not a mistake, either...

In addition to that, he also made a nice connection to Dimentio if he was chosen to be controlled- then, as explained, he would switch sides, for as long as Dimentio survived, to become Mr. L.

Luigi was put in the same boat as Kirby, otherwise: he would be encouraged to find Kirby and gain the benefits of teaming up.

Gobbledygook did a good job remaining unknown for a long time, although he was also absent during some phases due to internet issues.

-------------------------------------------

Seireikhaan:

You are Sephiroth, the main villain of Final Fantasy VII.

You are unsure why you have been brought to this place. Surely you do not need some machine’s help to kill that pathetic Cloud Strife. Still, you see in the other villains here that they are not so different from yourself, despite being infinitely weaker. Surely they must be the ones who need help here…

Your alignment is Villain (Town)

You have decided that nothing will get done if the Council has to sit around and vote on who they think the traitor is every day. You yourself, being all-powerful, will take matters into your own hands and crush whoever you believe is the traitor during the night. And if you happen to be wrong- which surely you won’t be- then you can just kill someone else the next night. A few dead weaklings are sometimes needed to spur on the growth of the rest… and you have no qualms about killing.

Destroy the traitors, Sephiroth. You don’t need anyone else’s help.
    Sephiroth did indeed begin as a vigilante. Khaan did a remarkable job of killing off a bunch of Antiheroes before they could betray the Council, but other than that he never caught any traitors. When LG was killed, Sephiroth suddenly became part of the “Great Balancing Act”.

This act consisted of three parts. First, ATPG would be put out of commission and unable to pm or protect Diana after the lynch of a traitor. Second, Khazaar gained a risk of dying with every investigation he made. Finally, Sephiroth was terribly scarred in the write-up, and to represent this, I sent a pm to ‘khaan, allowing him to choose whether to stay with the Council, or to betray them from the inside out.

I did note that staying with the Villains would probably be much easier, and in the long run, it seems that it would have, with only navarro and Gobbledygook left at that time to oppose them. Nevertheless, ‘khaan decided he wanted to be mafia- it was an offer he couldn’t refuse.

After becoming a serial killer, ‘khaan did a very good job of remaining innocent looking. It was a combination of the write-ups, which showed him as being more unpleasant than usual, and the ambiguous investigation that ATPG picked up on that defeated him in the end. If Khazaar hadn’t shared the PMs, though, he would have continued to consider khaan innocent- he may have been able to hang around for another few rounds.

-------------------------------------------

And that's that. Before I go, I'll mention that I did forget one role pm- it was Dark Samus. I seem to have misplaced it and it's not in the file, but the player never even showed up and was WoG'ed. It was only a standard town role, anyway.

A few fun facts:

The file that contains all the write-ups, roles, and other info like action pms is gigantic.
    It spans 120 pages,
    and contains upwards of 36,000 words.

My favorite parts of the game:

- Laughing my off as white_eyes accidentally sends a pm to Glenn intended for GH, and white_eyes and GH frantically search for a plausible lie to keep Glenn from knowing they are Antiheroes- all on Day 1, viewed through the Antihero Quicktopic.
    - Screwing with ATPG’s head using the “Wall of Periods”.
    - The Dimentio Write-Up
    - The Kirby Write-Up
    - LG claims that he has a super vote- that it counts for 5, and it’ll overturn the town’s vote. He pulled this completely out of his , and everyone completely believed him. ATPG will go on to warn the town throughout the game to be decisive so they don’t run into a “LittleGrizzly situation”.
    - The Kefka Write-Up
    - The Luigi Write-Up
    - Navarro blows it by saying he has no abilities. Honestly, claiming the 50% death resistance that he did have would have saved him a lot of trouble and made him look innocent.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

My write-up wasn't your favorite? :P

Really fun times playing and reading this though, I look super forward to your next game.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

My favorite part was roleplaying as Bowser and annoying everyone, including myself.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Ah, I liked most of my write-ups! Yours was where they started to get decent, IMO.

Other favorites are the Black Shadow lynch, the Fawful lynch, and Sephiroth's lynch. I can't think of them all at the same time, though. I feel like I should do something with them... maybe make a book, or something.

Bowser's roleplaying, and trying to figure out iit was that which kept hm alive, was my favorite part too.

I know Chaotix's favorite parts were all the times I asked him dumb questions, every single day I talked to him in school. :P
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Maybe you should put them in some sort of summary thread for all to read..

hmm...

Rest in peace TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by spL1tp3r50naL1ty View Post
    Maybe you should put them in some sort of summary thread for all to read..

hmm...
    Waste of time. The game's over, and these role PMs are on the last two pages of this thread anyway. Putting them in the summary thread would only take forever.

As for ATPG- drool as you wait and wait for The Koopa Troop. Unfortunately, I won't be able to give you Bowser again (except for randomly), but you can guess which universe it will take place in.

Default Re: The Council of Villains- Large Mafia Game (Concluded)

I regret that by the time the Koopa Troop begins, we will all be old and nearing death.

I take it you found the name of my pro-town network amusing.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I regret that by the time the Koopa Troop begins, we will all be old and nearing death.

I take it you found the name of my pro-town network amusing.
    It's catchy; it's also the legitimate name for Bowser's great and terrible army, so it will fit well with the context of the game... you won't be seeing no Eggman or Ganondorf in this one!

Looking for a Cul pRit Member Khazaar's Avatar

I guess balancing a coloss like this is a bitch. I think it´s ok for the moderator to "tweak" the game and players to keep it interesting...

Compliments to the chef, again

Blog Entries

Greyblades, bored out of his mind,
    I was bored from the start. After you gave me the role of such a great sounding villian, that coulds strip flesh from bone. but I couldnt actually do anything, so I decided to just roleplay, show off and generaly piss off the guys roleplaying aloof villians for kicks.
    Wasnt such a good idea in hindsight I must admit.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Man....I just hated that the Anti-heroes started with no ability's....and we had to find and recruit each other (and by the time that was done....we were dead)

Well, I was mostly just taking the lead from ATPG's Stonecutters with the Antiheroes. I think the only abilities there were Apu having 2 lives, and Moe being able to block, out of the total 5 Stonecutters. I figured this could be balanced by having 7 total Antiheroes- and you guys did have the ability to mass investigate and find the recruitables, once the 5 of you were together.

Yet....we were slaughtered by everyone???....we should have had some kinda Mason ability to a faction.....would've helped our chances...

I mean...Bowser was unkillable.....and mostly everyone else was a meat shield for Pro-town...on "The full monty" everyone was concerned about the zombies....so we overlooked your cultist past

Next time....no unkillable townie's...it just breaks the game somehow...

It wasn't even that they knew you were Antiheroes or anything, WE. I think it was some incredibly bad luck that got 4 of you killed in two nights. The traitors, at this point, still had the whole town to choose from when killing. A few attacked ATPG or Diana, yes, but for whatever reason the others went for you instead of the rest of the town.

NO-unKILLABLE townie's thanks.....it makes me upset.....I had a role like that on family guy....but could be killed by a investigator or vig.....should have been the same for bowser....

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Chaotix, I think I would have been able to kill Bowser. Can you confirm?
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

So I take it Sephiroth's brutally scarred face and your repeated references to that was just a happy coincidence?

An insane God who inhabits the body of the person who killed him would be pretty awesome. Deciding to go traitor because he got ugly-fied is an odd motive for the crime...
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

This is sephiroth we are talking about. Hes practically queen of all the white haired pretty boys in the universe.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Quote Originally Posted by A Very Super Market View Post
    Chaotix, I think I would have been able to kill Bowser. Can you confirm?
    Nope. Bowser was unkillable as long as he remained in-character throughout the game. The way that the mafia would win would be if they and Bowser were the only players left- in that case, Bowser loses by default to the mafia. That's also why it was crucial to kill Bowser Jr. while Bowser was out of commission.

And no, Seph wasn't possessed by Kefka. He kinda went a little crazy went his face got scarred. It's explained pretty much completely, actually, in the write-up. It was a combination of him being scarred, ordered around by the Council, and learning from the ideas of Dimentio and Kefka that he had to kill all the villains to be a true villain himself.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 05-23-2009 at 19:34.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768