Thread: Changing faction color

(>^_^;)> move it! Member Hotseat_User's Avatar

Default Changing faction color

errr well - I know this is maybe discussed a thousend times - but after several forum searches' I'm not able to figure out the right moves in the descr_sm_factions

I have already knowledge of which lines to change but I'd like to know
    a) where I can see, which color-number combination gives what faction color and
    b) when the changes will happen. Do I have to start a new campaign? Several color-changes in the faction progression thread prove the opposite but...well.

Thank you for advice H_U
    orationes tuas ego laudare soleo, imitari neque possim, si velim, nec velim fortasse, si possim. [M. T. C.]

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Default Re: Changing faction color

Just open the descr_sm_factions text file, and search for the line of the faction whose colour you wish to change. Then search for the line were it says something about the faction's primary and secondary colour or something of the like. There should be three consecutive numbers, similiar to both lines (primary and secondary colour). Those numbers are the RGB (Red-Green-Blue) values of each colour. If you want combinations, search on Google for "RGB Clour Values" or something. Then just replace the numbers with the ones that correspond to the colour you wish to change for the faction.

And I believe you could search a bit better. There are innumerous faction colour changing threads, with step-by-step guidance as to how you have to mod it. Not to mention links to sites which include RGB colour values. I, myself, have posted such information for more than 3 times already.

Hope this helped,
    Maion
    ~Maion

Default Re: Changing faction color

Try this site for RGB mixes, there are others.

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html
    "Tell them I said something......"
    Pancho Villa
    Completed; Rome AD14!