Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Post patch 1.5 Bug List

Here we go again!

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Default Re: Post patch 1.5 Bug List

Game crashes on very first screen {the opening credits} .

It pops up a microsoft error message that blames the : ModName Empire.exe and notes it is indeed version 1.5 .

I was playing it without problem less than 20 hours ago , haven't downloaded anything {other than the steam auto download} nor changed anything in the game or on the computer .

The only mod is Darthmod and whilst I'm not the only one getting this crash there , apparantly some are getting it on vanilla too link .
    I'm pretty damned annoyed .

Edit : when I looked through some of the Microsoft error message , it did mention my system being NT which is rubbish given it is XP and every other application that tells you what my O.S. is lists it as XP .
    Unless it was refering to something else . I can't imagine how C/A could have borked things so bad my O.S. forgets what it is , but it was so odd I thought I should mention it .
    I did check and the game does not run in compatability mode , so it isn't that .
    Last edited by Mr Frost; 10-05-2009 at 19:18. Reason: Remembered something .
    7 out of 10 people like me ,
    I'm not going to change for the other three .

I'm also getting a crash on the opening credits screen; everything ran perfectly yesterday in 1.4; today, game crashes on startup. Woooo!
    "The Levelution is begun,
    So I'll go home and get my gun,
    And shoot the Duke of Wellington."
    -London Street Song, circa 1829

"The people are not apt . . . to volunteer a rebellion for the theatrical eclat of the thing."
    -Hazlitt

The text is still fuzzy/blurry.

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

- Strategic map scrolling still choppy: strategic map scrolling is still as choppy as it was before 1.3. It was fixed in 1.3, but choppiness crawled back in 1.4. Also, the strat map frequently becomes "paralized" for a minute or two when a fleet is selected. Same behavior was observed pre-1.3. It was fixed in 1.3, and reappeared with 1.4.

- Weird calculation for the auto-calc battle odds. I noticed it when I was facing a depleted gendarmerie unit with half a stack of decent troops. The auto-calc odds displayed were in AI's favor. For the heck of it, I autoresolved and won by a huge margin with almost no troops lost. From that point, I started to pay attention to the odd's meter. It's weird in 1.5. Frequently, it would show advantage for the AI, when the real odds favor the player (as suggested by the autoresolve results too). Maybe the display is reversed by mistake. The player's odds are shown on the AI's side and vice versa.
    Last edited by Slaists; 10-17-2009 at 01:00.

The Red Tezcatlipoca Member Xipe Totec's Avatar

In my first 1.5 battle my almost full stack army of Poles was intercepted by 2 units of Crimean cossacks standing on the bridge on the way to their capital. Unusual tactic I thought. Even more unusual was the fact that the river I had to cross to annihilate them was black - it looked more like a river of crude oil or something. And it didn't have a bridge despite the province having a road and a visible bridge on the strat map.
    'I go forth about to destroy ... I am seen in the golden water; I shall appear unto mortals; I shall strengthen them for the words of war!'

Hymn of the High Priest of Xipe Totec.

When i try to trade technologies, i only have the 3 tabs for the 3 different tech-types at my trading window, but not over the one from the trade partner. His tabs switch too when i change my tabs, but not all techs seem to be accessible that way, and sometimes techs from different types are mixed up in one window... weird!

Anyone else got this?

Quote Originally Posted by Grombeard View Post
    When i try to trade technologies, i only have the 3 tabs for the 3 different tech-types at my trading window, but not over the one from the trade partner. His tabs switch too when i change my tabs, but not all techs seem to be accessible that way, and sometimes techs from different types are mixed up in one window... weird!

Anyone else got this?
    I noticed this too. The trade techs screen only have one tab for me. I can't see all their available techs. I haven't found a workaround for this. The regular tech interface has some bugs now. Sometimes I open it up and the tabs have the wrong icons. Supposed to be Military, Industry, Philosophy but instead it is Philosophy, Philosophy, Military. When it bugs like this the first tab is usually unclickable. The workaround is to re-open the tech interface.

Member Member Lord Dazed & Confused's Avatar

I'm getting serious lag now when a ship blows up! frame rate drops to a slideshow
    I've only experienced it in 1.5 so I'm guessing it's a bug that 1.5 has introduced.
    The campaign map in the Americas theatre is very laggy, if you use the goto function on the "Fleet Arrives" notification the map freezes and its impossible to select your fleet. There are also freezes when selecting fleets as in 1.2.
    Performance in land battles seems to have decreased even on lower setting!! I had no lag in 1.3. Also there seems to be a slight Freeze when artillery fires in land & sea battles and I've had a complete computer lock during a sea battle when trying to board a enemy ship.
    Another problem I have encountered is again in the Americas theatre.
    I am playing as GB and the Spanish have parked a fleet in the Bahamas port, one of the Islands where the land bridges have gone. I tried to land a milita unit in the port to eject the Spanish fleet but the game just freezes I've tried it several times with the same results but at least it doesn't cause a crash :)
    Land units on the campaign map using fleet voices, eg "All hands on deck and Heave away boys" when attacking

LDC
    Last edited by Lord Dazed & Confused; 10-12-2009 at 12:18. Reason: Updating my 1.5 experience :)

Cannons are now weird - they aren't turning to shoot, they just shoot and the cannon ball comes out at an awkward angle.

In Naval Battles: The wind arrow is broken into three parts in the area map. The flights are above right, the shaft in the center, and the arrow head offset to the left.

Mark Twain

1) I have also observed choppy scrolling in the campaign map. I didn't see this in 1.3, it came back in 1.4, and remains in 1.5. It's most prevalent over North America, especially New France. I've changed all the video options availabe in-game from High to Low, different levels of Anti-Aliasing, turned shadows off, etc. and nothing affected the choppiness.

2) Several of the gold arrows used to show land-bridges between regions on the campaign map are gone. All are gone for the Lesser Antilles, but the one between Nova Scotia and mainland Canada is also gone. You can still walk units across each of these, it's just not made clear by the presense of the arrows in these places anymore.

3) The western regional border line for Cherokee Territory has wiggled well eastward, creating the visual appears of a neutral territory between Cherokee Territory and the region south of Michigan Territory. The apparent neutral zone is still owned by Cherrokee Territory, so the game knows who owns it, but the line on the map just needs to be put back.

4) Huron Territory can no longer export the Furs it produces. In the past, as GB, if I owned Huron Territory and Rupert's Land, all of Huron Territory's Fur appeared to be shipped out to Rupert's Land's harbor. In my current game, I own Rupert's Land AND New France (which has the only port connected by an actual road to the region capital of Huron Territory) and the Furs still are not being exported. I know something has changed, and I know that upgrading both trade ports mentioned does not allow the Furs to be exported, nor does improving the roads from Huron Territory to either Trade Port. So, I know something's changed, but I don't know what, or why, or whether the change seems logical.

5) The campaign map regional border lines between Michigan Territory and Upper Canada are still drawn incorrectly. I think this error has been in since 1.0. Upper Canada has a spit of land that juts west towards Michigan Territory. The map has a border line indicating that Michigan Territory owns the tip of that spit of land, but it doesn't, the entire spit is owned by Upper Canada.
    Fac et Spera

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

Some images and icons from Warpath appear in the GC sometimes. Strange since I don't have Warpath. Some examples:
    - I had an icon from I think Warpath giving me the message of a tech improvement.
    - The screen showing me at war with my former trade partner GB shows some tents. A nice Pow Pow.

This is all in a campaign playing as the Marathans.

I have the feeling that CA is reintroducing bugs from 1.0 they already fixed.
    Tosa Inu

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

1. General poor performance. I used to be able to run on maxed settings, only getting choppyness when big battles with lots of units firing at once took place. Now just a half-stack starts lagging the game.

2. The government menu's screwed up. Half the tabs have apparently drifted to the right, off the screen. I can't get to the overview screen at all.

3. The warpath menu is still there

4. The warpath menu is STILL there.

5. THE warpath MENU is STILL there. Along with it's damn Jumanji music.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

6) Menu display problems when you're trying to see what techs you can trade through diplomacy.
    7) Sommerset House (GB's uber capital blgd) doesn't really do anything except award prestige now. There's no additional tax rate, no extra unit build slots, no extra repression, nor any happiness bonues (not entirely sure about the happiness though)
    8) The up and down arrows that used to appear besides the trade values in the Trade tab are gone. I think the up/down arrows next to the popularity of your government is also gone, or at least occasionaly does not appear.
    Fac et Spera

I have seen an increase in CTD's after winning a land battle. haven't tried naval battles yet.

9) Some techs, like Interchangable Parts, become available for research before the prerequisite techs have been learened.

10) The diplomatic penality "Territorial Expansion" still does not decrease if you lose or give away territories. This creates a situation where, if you help your ally recapture of one their regions, and at the end of the battle you have the larger force, you'll get the region. You'll get a penalty for taking the region. If you give the region to your ally. You'll continue to suffer the diplomatic penalty for taking a region you no longer control. There is also no diplomatic credit for giving the region to an ally. In the end, your ally will like you less for helping him recapture a region and then giving it to him free of charge.

11) There seems to be a problem with how the AI values land swap deals. As GB, I was helping my ally the Ottomans by retaking regions they lost to the Prussians. I retook Turkey, Iraq, and several smaller regions. When I tried to trade Turkey for Egypt, or Iraq for Egypt, the Ottomans refused. When I sweetened the deal with 6 techs and 20,000 gold, they still didn't agree. Turkey + 6 Techs + 20,000 gold is definitely worth Egypt.

12) There also seems to be a problem with how the AI values protectorate offers. The AI used to make seemingly rational decisions prior to 1.4. I could offer ~5,000 / turn for 20 turns or less and get nearly any nation as a protectorate. Post 1.4 (or at least 1.5) I can't get a protectorate to save my life. I've offered 20,000 gold at once + several techs, or 5,000 gold over 20 turns (100,000 gold!) + several techs, and none of the nations took my offer. These offers were made to nations that were Friendly towards my nation as well. That seems outrageously irrational, which is why I'm listing it here as a bug.
    Last edited by Servius; 10-09-2009 at 23:44.
    Fac et Spera

I launch the game, on the very first screen (credits scrren?) I ctd.

What is going on at CA?

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Default the Magyar View Post
    I launch the game, on the very first screen (credits scrren?) I ctd.

What is going on at CA?
    Two things:
    Try deleting your script folder (in the application data folder)
    Remove any traces of mod files from your data directory. ALL of them. Every single last one. You'll have to put them back in a few at a time to figure out which ones aren't compatible, or wait for 1.5 versions to come out.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

ETW region income is messed up. I was Spain and completed the New Spain mission and after they joined me - I went from making 2000/year to -200/year. What on earth!?!?! What about all those gold mines I got?!?!

Throwing stones from afar Member Cazbol's Avatar

Cotton plantations seem to disappear. At least as Pueblos in the Warpath campaign.
    Jalisco Mines in New Spain cannot be occupied by troops. They're impassable terrain.
    Last edited by Cazbol; 10-11-2009 at 01:35.

Beylik Janissary Musketeers are not given Platoon fire in Late-era custom battles.

Line infantry and elite infantry do not use rank fire and platoon fire when defending against frontal cavalry attacks. Instead, only the front row fires. I understand how this could be superior to platoon fire, but this is strictly inferior to rank fire.

Lancers sometimes still charge with their lances held in the air shortly before impact.

Gorodskiye Streltsy still deal death blows with the blunt end of their 2h axes.

If you order a melee infantry unit to attack a pikemen unit in custom battle mode, the pikemen unit will walk back a bit and then form a pikewall...in the opposite direction of the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by A1_Unit View Post
    ETW region income is messed up. I was Spain and completed the New Spain mission and after they joined me - I went from making 2000/year to -200/year. What on earth!?!?! What about all those gold mines I got?!?!

I think they put back the heavy administrative penalties on each region gained.

Reduce them or take them out.

The economy is getting as depressed as it was in 1.2, it makes for a poor gaming experience.

Mark Twain

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miracle View Post
    Line infantry and elite infantry do not use rank fire and platoon fire when defending against frontal cavalry attacks. Instead, only the front row fires. I understand how this could be superior to platoon fire, but this is strictly inferior to rank fire.
    There is no platoon or rank fire against cavalry. As far as I know this is not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    I think they put back the heavy administrative penalties on each region gained.

Reduce them or take them out.

The economy is getting as depressed as it was in 1.2, it makes for a poor gaming experience.
    I have to mod my save games to stay above water.

Borders from Warpath regions are showing up in the GC.

They are not regions you just see the borders.

Mark Twain

At the moment I don't get any tech update messages. There was no news that I had researched steam power.

Just after patch 1.5 my tech update icons were a musket and three arrows. I suppose that this is from warpath. The patch blocked icon is also from warpath. Diplomatic messages are from warpath.

I really hope that there will be an other patch. No patch to balance things but to fix things.

Update: restarting the computer solved the missing tech updates.
    Last edited by Monsieur Alphonse; 10-14-2009 at 14:49.
    Tosa Inu

Anyone mentioned the diplo-menu, the research-menu, the government-menu? Sliders in the menu are changing evreytime i open one, and there is a big red field in the upper right corner of the government menu (sometimes) ... seems it is from the ugly warpath thingy ...

And the sound: Sometimes okay, sometimes commands in battles (land and sea) are very quiet and therefor the music is louder (nothing to do with distance). Sometimes it's getting better with changes on the number of the channels, sometimes not ... and that's what annoys me.

Never had any of these problems before 1.5 ...
    Von der Woge, die sich bäumet, längs dem Belt am Ostseestrand; Bis zur Flut, die ruhlos schäumet, an der Düne flücht'gem Sand;
    Gott ist stark auch in den Schwachen, wenn sie gläubig ihm vertrauen; Zage nimmer, und dein Nachen wird trotz Sturm den Hafen schaun!

Avatar made by Durango Signature made by 777Ares777 and proudly used by Marten!

In a bridge battle in russia, it seemed that the Bridge made my cursor go into an X. I couldn't make a unit move onto the bridge, over the bridge, attack a unit on the bridge, nothing. The enemy ran over the bridge, got killed, ran back halfway to the middle of the bridge, and just waited there. to get a unit to attack the others, I told them to just run to the other side of the bridge and then stop as soon as they were standing a foot from the enemy.

Once the unit was on the bridge, however, my cursor changed to an X and stayed that way-if I moved it to the river, to the bridge, to another unit, to the ground. I left-clicked to my general(who I hadn't moved the entire battle) and the cursor was still an X.

I get flickering shadows on the battlefield. This was fixed a while ago. It seems as patch 1.5 has brought the game back how it was prior to 1.2.
    Tosa Inu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast