Thread: Round Table Knights are Recruiting

Default Round Table Knights are Recruiting

Round Table Knights aka RTK is in search of players looking for a clan to play NTW with.

RTK is the oldest continually active clan in the Total War community. We are a collection of mature players who strive to show respect for the game, for the community and for its players. Many of us have been friends on and off the battlefield for years, and we have hosted clan reunions in both the US and the UK, drawing many of our players near and far. We have always valued new recruits and look for strong, active players, with the qualities of character that would allow them to carry on the tradition of RTK.

RTK has a long history of contribution to the Total War community. We strives to be an active, positive contributor to the community at large, and evidence of this is shown by the stewardship of many community tournaments by RTK admins.

RTK has been committed to achieving excellence in tournament play for every edition of Total War. Along the way, we have racked up many tournament trophies, and many player and clan awards. This is a tradition we intend to continue.

In RL our members include various students and professionals, including two US army war veterans, a veteran of the Portuguese army, a physicist, a veteran of the Norwegian army, a Hollywood style guru, a couple professors, several students, Gareth Keenan, a couple transients (or soon to be), and Pete (who defies categories).

Current members are from all over the world, including Hungary, the U.S., the U.K., France, Norway, Poland, Lithuania, Canada, Spain, Denmark, and the Netherlands.

We ask all Pages, Squires, and Knights to follow the way of RTK, which is summarized below:

Honour .... Integrity .... Loyalty .... Respect .... Brotherhood.

Honour ~ as RTK, we have a deep sense of personal integrity coupled with respect for others.

Integrity ~ as RTK, we demonstrate uncompromising ethical conduct and moral behavior in all of our personal actions. We are honest and truthful in our dealings with each other, and with those outside the clan.

Loyalty ~ as RTK, we have faith in and place trust in ourselves, the clan, its Tenets, and in each other.

Respect ~ as RTK, we hold others in high regard, treating them with fairness, dignity, and compassion. We respect ourselves, we respect our clanmates whether they are peers, superiors, or subordinates, and we respect members of the TW community.

Brotherhood ~ as RTK, we are friends and comrades who share fellowship in a common bond ..... the values expressed here and in the "Tenets of the Round".

This is the way of the RTK, whether in-game, in our forums, or interacting with the TW community. Those who have these qualities progress within our ranks to eventually become Knights of the Round Table.

If intrested in either playing with us or getting know us more stop by our sites.

http://roundtableknight.org/index.htm

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Round_Tab...ex.php?act=idx
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rtktotalwar

If you would like to contact me through steam my id is jaiflo
    Last edited by RTK_Sir Lambert of Lancs; 03-19-2010 at 18:58.

Default Re: Round Table Knights are Recruiting

just noticed that this got stickied thanks admins!

Actually Lambert the title for oldest continually active clan goes to the Celtiberos who were formed in 2000 and have been active ever since.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

i will have to tell Merc to stop false advertising then Duck :D

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Truly the Celtiberos have passed the test of time, and possibly may also still enjoy the title of "the largest" Total War Clan, which may have a lot to do with their longevity.

But there are still remnants of other Clans around that may even be older than the Celtis.

The DreadMasters changed into the Prophets and merged with the Hunters, which are still active today.

The Ronin Alliance became the Ronin Warlords, and there are still RWs riding together on Sunday afternoons.

The Celtiberos have held their original name the longest, that part is for certain
    Last edited by Tomisama; 04-11-2010 at 13:08.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

RTK and Dreadmaster also share the same start with The Masters clan

What exactly is the difference between the Dreadmasters and The Masters? I always thought they were the same clan.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

If I am not mistaken before they adopted the "Dread" name the clan was simply the "Masters." Sometimes they would still play under their Masters name. If I'm not mistaken there was at least one player who went on to join the Grey Wolves so there is also a connection there. I joined the DreadMasters after Boromir and Star left, Star founded the RTK and Boromir mostly faded into obscurity though he is remembered by many of the old timers. Star and Boro declared the Dreadmasters clan dissolved, but Dreadlahll picked up the gauntlet as de-facto clan leader and the Dreads continued on, and enjoyed a friendly competitive relationship with the RTK. Back then it was myself primarily, lahll, Checkmate, Buntaro, Ham, and later some others (Lynx is one I remember).

Good times....
    Hunter_Bachus

Boromir is thinking about returning to RTK in NTW you should stop by the forums Bach and see his post

that was a fearsome group of DreadMasters you just listed there as well

but yeah the good times.....

just doesnt seem to be the caliber of players any more that take the weakest factions and make them unbeatable like UglyElmo and UglyGoat would do

no that was a funny group the Uglies....come to find out it was all the well known clan members playing as Uglies since it wasnt really a clan or a competing team

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How RTK coming mate?

RTK is doing fine thanks Warman.
    We are still looking for active and honourable players in the MP community. A great clan to be a part of with a rich and wonderful history, and a promising future too. :)

OMG I havent been on these forums in so long, Greny and RTK are still running strong

Hey Shaft, my old SPID buddy, how's it going?
    Hope all is good in the world. :)

You'll find many of the old boys still knocking around the RTK forums, or online playing NTW, not so much changes in Total War from the days you played Shaft.

We've been delighted with the recent recruits btw, all seem great fellows, and always on the lookout for more mature minded players to join our merry band.

Good gaming folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus9 View Post
    If I am not mistaken before they adopted the "Dread" name the clan was simply the "Masters." Sometimes they would still play under their Masters name. If I'm not mistaken there was at least one player who went on to join the Grey Wolves so there is also a connection there. I joined the DreadMasters after Boromir and Star left, Star founded the RTK and Boromir mostly faded into obscurity though he is remembered by many of the old timers. Star and Boro declared the Dreadmasters clan dissolved, but Dreadlahll picked up the gauntlet as de-facto clan leader and the Dreads continued on, and enjoyed a friendly competitive relationship with the RTK. Back then it was myself primarily, lahll, Checkmate, Buntaro, Ham, and later some others (Lynx is one I remember).

Good times....

Ghost as well. Plus our old friend Kafir ;) Yes those were always entertaining and fun grudge matches.

Hello Baccus!