Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All Those Pretty Stars [Concluded]

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

Thumbs up All Those Pretty Stars [Concluded]

All Those Pretty Stars

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The soothing silence was interrupted by mechanical sounds of hundreds of sleeping pods opening themselves. Twelve people slowly stirred to wakefulness in a groggy state, for the cycle was not supposed to end for another day. Disoriented, they each emerged from their respective pod with a throbbing headache. The dim lighting barely illuminating the sterile metallic floor and walls of the ship, they took notice of each other before turning their gaze upon the scores of pods neatly arranged in rows all around them. No one else was rising and yet Stellar Transport XJY-0745295 had been nearly filled to capacity in passengers and crew. Men and women, old and young, they all lay in their opened cocoons, some seemingly peaceful, but others with a twisted visage. Very quickly, the haze of sleepiness was gone, replaced by questions: What had happened? What was going on? What if I'm next!?

----------------------

Welcome to All Those Pretty Stars, a hybrid between a mafia game and an RPG, in which you will get to choose a character from the twelve initial survivors of this particular gruesome incident.

The year is 2785 and the human race has spread amongst the stars, colonizing hundreds of worlds and terraforming them to a near likeness of Earth. Yet, humans remain humans, filled with their vices, excesses and flaws.

Will you survive your passage aboard Stellar Transport XJY-0745295?

Features:

• Take control of one of twelve unique characters with each their own set of abilities and victory condition.

• Live a dynamic story where your choices and decisions impact your surroundings

• Receive your own personal writeup of what happened during the night phase, from the perspective of your character.

• Gain or lose abilities depending on your decisions and your choices.

• A race against time to avoid destruction, while attempting to discover the perpetrator of the mass murder aboard Stellar Transport XJY-0745295.

Preliminary Rules: (More to be added when the game starts)

• Stay in character as much as possible, speak only out of character (OOC) when necessary.

• No quoting PMs.

• No screenshots.

• All reveals have to stay in character.

• No PMs in between players.

• No chat discussions about the game between players.

• The dead cannot speak in the thread.

Introduction

The soothing silence was interrupted by mechanical sounds of hundreds of sleeping pods opening themselves. Twelve people slowly stirred to wakefulness in a groggy state, for the cycle was not supposed to end for another day. Disoriented, they each emerged from their respective pod with a throbbing headache. The dim lighting barely illuminating the sterile metallic floor and walls of the ship, they took notice of each other before turning their gaze upon the scores of pods neatly arranged in rows all around them. No one else was rising and yet Stellar Transport XJY-0745295 had been nearly filled to capacity in passengers and crew. Men and women, old and young, they all lay in their opened cocoons, some seemingly peaceful, but others with a twisted visage. Very quickly, the haze of sleepiness was gone, replaced by questions: What had happened? What was going on? What if I'm next!?

----------------

A man, in his late forties, made his way toward the front of the ship, he was quickly joined by another man in his thirties. At the end of a row of sleeping pods, they found the captain of the ship slumped on a control console. Blood was pooling at his feet, besides which laid a loaded pulser. The older man picked up the weapon, while the younger one turned over the body.

“He died moments ago, multiple stab wounds.”

The older man nodded and pointed at the nearest sleeping pod. “I think he saved our lives, judging from the condition of the crew and most of the passengers.”

They both saw that the glass of the pod had been shattered by pulser fire. Evidently, the captain had tried to get out, but from the blood trail leading to the pod, he had been attacked while still inside.

“We should go tell the others.” The older man said. “What's your name?”

“Alejo de Lula.” The younger man replied.

“I'm Reilly Banks.”

They shook hands

---------------

At the aft of the ship a young woman and two older men were huddled around a computer console.

“Bring up the ship status.” A hearty looking man with white hair said. “I'm Andrei Kerensky, by the way.”

“Eve Saint-Claire.” The woman muttered as her nimble fingers danced upon the interface screen.

There was a silence and both of them looked at the third man.

“Oh...” He shrugged. “Diedrich White, plea-”

“This doesn't look good.” Eve cut him off as her screen was filled with a schematic of the ship, many of the sections appearing in an angry shade of red.

“Engines, Navigation... even the Medbay is out. At least life support is still in working order.” Andrei appraised the readings.

“And look at this...” She brought up another screen.

“We're heading straight...” The old man started.

“...straight at a star.” Diedrich replied breathlessly, almost in disbelief.

-----------------

In the main hold, the rest of the survivors where milling about. A couple was seated on the edge of a sleeping pod, holding each other tightly and whispering to each other.

Nearby, a boy was sobbing next to the pods of what were probably his deceased parents. A woman in her mid thirties kneeled next to him and tentatively embraced him. The boy grasped her tightly.

“Its alright now, everything will be alright.” She tried to say soothingly. “What's your name?”

“Ed-edward” The boy choked.

“Well, I'm Christy, Edward. Christy... Hart.” She struggled with the last word. “Come with me, lets go meet the others.”

A few pods away, a young woman with dark skin stared at the dead occupants of two sleeping pods, speechless, as if she was still processing the reality of it all.

Finally, a man and a woman were wandering through the row of sleeping pods. The man, in his early thirties, stopped in front of each deceased person and muttured a few words, before moving on. The woman, in her late twenties, simply walked , stunned and apparently trying to take her mind off what was going on.

-----------------

Minutes later, everyone was assembled in the main hold.

“We've got bad news.” Reilly Banks announced, with Alejo de Lula standing next to him.

“So do we.” Andrei Kerensky replied in an even voice, flanked by Eve Saint-Claire and Diedrich White.

“Well then, go ahead.”

“In a few words, unless we repair the engines and the navigation systems, which have been damaged by micro meteorites, then in five hours we will be inside the corona of a star and quite dead.” Kerensky told them bluntly.

There was a moment of silent panic between many of the survivors, but Reilly raised his hand to call attention on himself.

“I'm afraid to add that beyond this dire news, there is a killer among us. He or she killed all other passengers and the crew, our survival was probably not planned. We need to repair this ship, but we need to be careful.”

“Who exactly put you in charge?” The Asian man asked, still holding his wife.

“Well, I do have the captain's pulser.” Reilly brandished the weapon for all to see. “Don't worry though, I don't plan on using it without good reason.”

“So how do we find this killer?” Christy Hart asked.

There was a deep silence.

“We could do a vote?” The woman who was wandering through the pods earlier spoke up.

Some were about to protest, but Christy Hart cut them off.

“She's right. Judgment by our peers, its the only way.”

Reilly Banks nodded grudgingly and one by one the others accepted.

“But...” Christy continued, unexpectedly. “This boy, Edward...” She held him near her. “...Will be left out of these proceedings. Surely he can't be the killer.”

“That's fine by me.” The man who had spoken to everyone of the deceased said.

Others soon agreed.

“So be it.” Reilly Banks declared. “There will be a judgment decided by each of us, save for the boy who shall not be voted and will not vote. Furthermore, we will have to decide if we are to kill the person we condemn or simply trap them in a sleeping pod.” He finished grimly.

Rules:

• Stay in character as much as possible, speak only out of character (OOC) when necessary.

• No quoting PMs.

• No screenshots.

• All reveals have to stay in character.

• No PMs in between players.

• No chat discussions about the game between players.

• The dead cannot speak in the thread.

• Each "day phase" will represent 15 minutes in game, while each "night phase" will represent 45 minutes in game. Thus, the ship needs to be repaired before the 6th "day phase". If it is not repaired by then, everyone on board dies.

• To repair the ship, during the "day phase" you have to write Repair: Engine, Repair: Navigation or Repair: Medbay, all of these must be bolded to count.

• As in other mafia games, to vote someone, write Vote: Alejo de Lula for example, to change that vote, the format is Unvote, Vote: Amy Glenn. Again these must be bolded. (Please vote for character names and not player names, to keep with the ambiance.)

• Vote: No Lynch and Vote: Abstain are permitted.

• You can also opt to choose the method of disposing of the person who is voted for by writing Method: Sleeping Pod (Imprisoning the character, he or she can still talk, but do nothing else), Method: Pulser (Single shot to the head, consumes the pulser's ammo) or Method: Airlock (A most gruesome death.) (Be warned, it is possible for someone to escape a sleeping pod, either by some event or the help of someone.)

• There are no locations in this game, meaning someone who is repairing navigation can use an ability on someone who is repairing the engines.

• Being in "repair mode" is no proof of innocence, for characters can still use their abilities since these supersede the repair action, unless otherwise written.

• Barring exception, each character has a 1 to 4 score in each Repair: Mechanical (For Engines and a bit Medbay), Repair: Electronical (For Navigation and a bit Medbay) and Combat, for when there is an attack. Items can modify the latter score by a bonus of 1 to 4.

Tips:

• At the start of your posts, write the name of your character, either in a description or simply alone. This will help others associate you with your character.

• Write descriptions in italics, spoken parts in "quotation marks" and OOC portion within spoiler tags.

• Use your creativity, your role PM is simply a guideline. Do not be afraid to contact me by PM or by IM repeatedly to ask if you can try out different things.

Other:

• Send your questions to me by PM or IM, I will reply to each one personally and if needed, I will include an FAQ in the first post.

• Have fun!

The Cast/Signup (12/12):

jillyfae ArpeggiateTHIS as Alejo de Lula

Methos autolycus as Amy Glenn

Captain Blackadder as Andrei Kerensky

spL1tp3r50naL1ty as Christy Hart

Renata as Deidrich White

Askthepizzaguy as Edward

Secura as Eve Saint-Claire

Romanic as Jake Harris

Psychonaut as Jin Sung

Niklas as Reilly Banks

Winston Hughes as Susann Becker

Beefy187 as Zareen Sung

Signups are accepted now, but be warned that I am currently aiming for the 3rd slot of May.

Please choose a character when you signup.

Reserve players:

YLC

Alive: (12/12)
    Alejo de Lula (jillyfae, Replaced by ArpeggiateTHIS)
    Amy Glenn (Methos, Replaced by autolycus)
    Andrei Kerensky (Captain Blackadder)
    Christy Hart (Spl1tp3r50naL1ty)
    Diedrich White (Renata)
    Edward (Askthepizzaguy)
    Eve Saint-Claire (Secura)
    Jake Harris (Romanic)
    Jin Sung (Psychonaut)
    Reilly Banks (Niklas)
    Susann Becker (Winston Hughes)
    Zareen Sung (Beefy187)

In Sleeping Pod: (0/12)

Dead: (0/12)
    Last edited by TheFlax; 07-07-2010 at 16:05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: All Those Pretty Stars

I'll be Edward, the annoying child prodigy who shows up and demonstrates to the brilliant and better-educated adults what they are doing so wrong, and solves the crisis within 30 minutes of it starting.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I'll be Amy Glenn. She's the only one that seems normal.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you Miss Amy. I was doing my advanced spatial harmony dynamics homework when I opened a fissure in spacetime and I visited the end of the game, and I can say with absolute certainty that it is in fact you who is the insane murderer among us.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to go play with my legos.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Andrei Kerensky for me please

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

I'll sign up. Not sure who I want to be though.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

I'll be Robbie Williams! Eh, I mean Reilly Banks...

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlax View Post
    Christy Hart

It's Katey Sagal!

I'm going to be Eve Saint-Claire though, who looks like she's on Sky News. I hope my victory conditions won't include "gettin' jiggy wit' it" with Jake Harris or something. xD
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    I'm going to be Eve Saint-Claire though, who looks like she's on Sky News. I hope my victory conditions won't include "gettin' jiggy wit' it" with Jake Harris or something. xD
    She's a French News Anchor.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm offended Flax.
    If your hosting I'm automatically in ^^
    I'll take Zareen Sung if I may

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I'll sign up. Not sure who I want to be though.
    I've reserved you a spot until you pick a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post
    I'm offended Flax.
    If your hosting I'm automatically in ^^
    I'll take Zareen Sung if I may
    Of course you are in.
    I simply never expected so many signups so soon.

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Deidrich White!

I take it that the third slot of May means that this game is at least a month away?

If it is too close to being realised, I may have to withdraw; think I need a break from the Gameroom, so to speak.
    Last edited by Secura; 04-19-2010 at 23:17.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    I take it that the third slot of May means that this game is at least a month away?

If it is too close to being realised, I may have to withdraw; think I need a break from the Gameroom, so to speak.
    Yes, that's what I'm aiming for. Its almost ready, but in two weeks I am moving to my own place and I do not wish for that to disturb the game. Is that good for you? I'd love to have you aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlax View Post
    Yes, that's what I'm aiming for. Its almost ready, but in two weeks I am moving to my own place and I do not wish for that to disturb the game. Is that good for you? I'd love to have you aboard.
    Yes, that would be fantastic; it's just that this place has simply filled the void in my life that was occupied by bloody WoW and I need a break from it. The fact that my post count is catching up to yours and I've been here two years less is testimony to that.

I look forward to the game though. :3

I just realized that I had forgotten to write down that, for obvious reasons, the dead cannot speak in the thread.

Rules have been updated accordingly.

Roleplaying in space? However did I miss this?

Are there still places? Can I be Susann Becker?

Is it possible to go through a whole game speaking only in questions?

And would even I try something as lame and stupid as that?

You know who should actually play this? Catharsis. (Amsel) Roleplay, no communication out of thread, quite small -- it's right up his alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    You know who should actually play this? Catharsis. (Amsel) Roleplay, no communication out of thread, quite small -- it's right up his alley.
    I'm still looking for three players, any amount of advertizement or people grabbing is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Will you, or should I?

How about both of us? I'll PM here, you PM CFC.

I sent him a message on CFC. But as his last activity was Apr 10, and his status reads "will be back in July", we probably shouldn't get our hopes up.

Ah, whoops. That's really too bad.

He posted in the Dark Falls thread a few days ago, so he's clearly checking in here occasionally.

But it does look unlikely he'll be up for a game just now.

Self deleted post.

Looking forward to this game!
    Last edited by Methos; 04-29-2010 at 19:29.

I spy the evil peoples Senior Member Romanic's Avatar

Can I be Jake Harris? He looks like the tough guy on the crew, so maybe I'll be able to boss my way around.

I spy the evil peoples Senior Member Romanic's Avatar

Great, I'm in - thanks TheFlax.

I can't keep wondering about things while I drool on all those elaborate games I see around here, so I got a question for you on this game: How can a player tell something to another player, only to him, if he can't use PMs?

I'm thinking, maybe through the host?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanic View Post
    Great, I'm in - thanks TheFlax.

I can't keep wondering about things while I drool on all those elaborate games I see around here, so I got a question for you on this game: How can a player tell something to another player, only to him, if he can't use PMs?

I'm thinking, maybe through the host?
    Well there might be an ability that can help you with that, or perhaps you'll find a way. I'm not too keen on giving too much early this long before the game starts, but I will say that creativity can play a big role in this game.

All Those Pretty Stars now has a banner!

A big thanks to Beskar for that!

Now go forth and advertise the game by placing it in your signature!

In as Christy Hart if possible :D!
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast