Thread: game keeps crashing

Default game keeps crashing

i've been playing MTW on the same computer for years and never really had any problems. a few moths ago, the game started crashing on a very regular basis( and it almost always happens on the battlefield). in the past, on the very rare occasions that the game would crash, it would minimize and i could click on the task bar and resume the game. but now, when it crashes, i lose everything. it happens so frequently that it's pointless to even try to play a campaign.

can anyone tell me what the problem might be? i'm totally stumped but i'd love to be able to play this game again.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Default Re: game keeps crashing

You didn't recently change/upgrade your video card, and/or update your video drivers, did you?
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

if i did, i didn't mean to(before the problem started). i did try to update the drivers after i noticed the problem and saw the thread on here about possible fixes.. i also changed the resolution settings around but i changed them back when it didn't fix the problem.

this may be a really dumb question but when you go into the gnome editor and look at everything, if the columns aren't in neat rows, could that cause a problem? i've noticed in sections like the list of titles that each faction has and the section that tells you which units each faction starts out with, everything's not lined up properly and seems kinda jumbled.

i did go through a battle in campaign mode the other day without it crashing, so maybe something worked on the second reinstall that didn't work on the first.. i'm just scared to get my hopes up because i could finish a battle every now and then back when i started having problems with the game. i'm going to start a campaign in a second and see how it goes. i just wish that i could get it to go back to minimizing, instead of completely crashing.
    Last edited by chris34au; 05-21-2010 at 22:42.

i just tried a campaign and it crashed in the middle of the second battle. i wish that i knew what is causing this. i've played hundreds of hours of MTW on this computer without any problems.......until a month or or so ago, anyway.