Thread: Η ΜΑΧΗ ΒΙΘΗΝΙΑ [Ahistorical-Mini-Interactive-Imageless AAR]

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Post Η ΜΑΧΗ ΒΙΘΗΝΙΑ [Ahistorical-Mini-Interactive-Imageless AAR]

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Now, I want to make this something interesting, I loved this battle, you shall know later
    Here are the rules: I give you a riddle or a task at the end of the section, if you answer correctly, you will unlock (for everyone) more content from the battle
    When you solved it all I will join it together on one post, and the thread will be closed
    I hope you like this new system

First, the header

ΘΕΡΩΣ.

ΠΟΛΗ ΝΙΚΑΙΑ.
    ΠΕΡΙΟΧΗ ΒΙΘΗΝΙΑ

ΠΕΝΤΑΚΟΣΙΑ ΕΙΚΟΣΙ ΕΞΙ ΕΤΗ ΜΕΤΑ ΑΠΟ ΠΡΩΤΟ ΤΟΝ ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ
    ΔΕΥΤΕΡΟ ΕΤΟΣ ΜΕΤΑ ΑΠΟ ΕΚΑΤΟ ΤΡΙΑΝΤΑ ΠΡΩΤΟ ΤΟΝ ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ.

Here's an easy one, for starters: Translate into English the previous text (Title of thread and it's Body), and you will be granted the next part. It may not be exciting right now, but (I hope) you will become one with the story, and will demand more
    Last edited by jirisys; 08-03-2010 at 00:08.
    Because we all need to compensate...

Default Re: Η ΜΑΧΗ ΒΙΘΗΝΙΑ [Ahistorical-Mini-Interactive-Imageless AAR]

THEROS.

NICE CITY. AREA VITHINIA

FIVE HUNDRED TWENTY SIX YEARS AFTER THE FIRST OLYMPIC
    SECOND YEAR AFTER THE FIRST HUNDRED THIRTY OLYMPIC.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

The Battle of Bithynia

Summer

City of Nikaia
    In the region of Bithynia

The rest is as Titus wrote...

Good, good, here you go, you earned the second part
    (pardon if my greek is a little bad, I used a translator )

Summer

City of Nikaia

Five hundred and twenty six years after the First Olympiad
    Second year after the one hundred and thirty first Omlympiad

It was a rough morning for me. I had slept very little after our battle against the ΑΡΞΕ ΣΕΛΕΥΚΕΙΑ.
    What a horrid battle, I felt as I was going to die, but not the common fear that most non-hellenes feel: it felt like I was being called by ΑΔΗΣ, telling me that ΧΑΡΩΝ was saving room for me in his boat and was going to take me to the ΗΛΥΣΙΑ ΠΕΔΙΑ, I thought it was a call from the gods, I did not want to die, I felt a shiver going trough my limbs and into my eyes. But, I don't want to bore you with such matters, those are things that only warriors might understand, besides, I do not remember the battle so clearly, I only remember my fear, and the fact that we won, so from now on, I shall only narrate things, as that is what I believe you want me to do the most.

Before I tell you about our deeds in the north, as you might see that I am writing from a place which we didn't own as our lands. I would like to know how is our child, I was afraid he would be sent to the ΤΑΡΤΑΡΟΣ because of his sickness. Alas, I hope, I get to see him on my way back, an adult with the knowledge an ΑΘΕΝΑΙΟΣ; learned man in philosophy and following the works of this man from ΚΥΡΗΝΗ, I hope to buy him one of those copper spheres that he invented. I also would like to see him fight like a ΣΠΑΡΤΙΑΤΗΣ, a man capable of killing these armies that we have fought.

I sense I have spoken too much, I have deviated myself from the objective of this letter, that is to narrate our bravery, from all of us, all of us ΙΟΝΟΣ, the battle in which all our men must have killed at least one enemy.

Now the second part, Translate the Greek words, try to guess the city where he is from and also, the faction he's fighting. Also give the date (in a.u.c or BCE) in which the letter was written.
    I hope you're liking it
    Last edited by jirisys; 08-02-2010 at 17:15.

If I got it right the year is 251 BCE...
    Words: Seleucid Empire, Hades, Charon, Elysian Fields, Tartarus, Athenian, Cyrene, Spartan and Ionian.
    So I would guess that he is a Ionian living in Athens where he left his family, who went to fight the Seleucids for the Greek Alliance XD

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    If I got it right the year is 251 BCE...
    Words: Seleucid Empire, Hades, Charon, Elysian Fields, Tartarus, Athenian, Cyrene, Spartan and Ionian.
    So I would guess that he is a Ionian living in Athens where he left his family, who went to fight the Seleucids for the Greek Alliance
    I forgot: Also please reveal the name of the scientist living in KYPHNH so that you get a bonus

~Jirisys (a Hint: it's not the Seleukids i'm talking about )

The scientist is Eratosthenes...
    I leave to somebody else what I got wrong ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    The scientist is Eratosthenes...
    I leave to somebody else what I got wrong ^^
    Ok... the bonii:

He's from a city in Ionia, and he's fighting a hellene civilization (but not AS)

~Jirisys (Пзргам!)

Ok, since not much has happened, i have created a method to shake things up more.

For your 1/2 answer for the 1st post and another 1/2 answer for the 2nd post, you get 2 half baloons, so you get 1 baloon

Here ya go Arjos:

For you Titus: 1/2 of a

Another thing: If nobody answers correctly for a week (7 days) I will continue with the AAR, so, here we go... Be ready

~Jirisys (3-2-1...)
    Last edited by jirisys; 08-09-2010 at 23:51.

Summer

City of Nikaia

Five hundred and twenty six years after the First Olympiad
    Second year after the one hundred and thirty first Omlympiad

__________________________________________________ _________________

It was a rough morning for me. I had slept very little after our battle against the Arche Seleukeia.
    What a horrid battle, I felt as I was going to die, but not the common fear that most non-hellenes feel: it felt like I was being called by Hades, telling me that Charon was saving room for me in his boat and was going to take me to the Elysian Field, I thought it was a call from the gods, I did not want to die, I felt a shiver going trough my limbs and into my eyes. But, I don't want to bore you with such matters, those are things that only warriors might understand, besides, I do not remember the battle so clearly, I only remember my fear, and the fact that we won, so from now on, I shall only narrate things, as that is what I believe you want me to do the most.

Before I tell you about our deeds in the north, as you might see that I am writing from a place which we didn't own as our lands. I would like to know how is our child, I was afraid he would be sent to the Tartaros because of his sickness. Alas, I hope, I get to see him on my way back, an adult with the knowledge an Athenian; learned man in philosophy and following the works of this man from Cyrene, I hope to buy him one of those copper spheres that he invented. I also would like to see him fight like a Spartan, a man capable of killing these armies that we have fought.

I sense I have spoken too much, I have deviated myself from the objective of this letter, that is to narrate our bravery, from all of us, all of us Ionians, the battle in which all our men must have killed at least one enemy.

__________________________________________________ _________________

But, before the battle, I need to tell you frightening matters, matters that create shivers in my insides, you remember how I talked to you in our last letter about our strategos?, Abreas Amphitropeus Attikos, troubling things have been happening because of him, after a great victory upon a somewhat strong Arche Seleukeia, a representative from the Lakedemonia Basileus, Akrotakos Agiados Lakedaimonios is the name of the Basileus, Euphrates Boeotios is the name of the messenger if my memory does not fail me; invited our strategos to be adopted into the Royal Family of Lakedemonia, he cheered with us like he was going to be slaughtered the next day, which would have been better than what happened then, what an embarassment for the Koinon Hellenon is this man, not worthy of be called Attikos, he should be a Barbaros, if his pig filthed family had not been close to our precious Ionia when he was given birth. No, he's not even Attic, he's an Ionian, what a shame for our land this man is. Those Galatai Barbaroi, ah! If that man leads us to Galatia he will find his people exterminated by me, he is no man, he is a beast, a filthy beast.

I am sorry to say such obscene words to my wife, but you must understand the true value of his actions. When we greeks set foot on Sardis, the capital of Lydia, we exterminated the persian and seleukid people there, to make the city pure for hellenic greeks only, we sold them as slaves, they told me they were going to send me one of them, that it would be sent to our city and then ask for my name; be there when they do that, it might prove valuable for us, I think it might not get there due to the current state of events with our strategos, I will give you instructions on what to do for him, because I fear the worst. Back to the events of our stay in Sardis; we were resting after an ardous battle against Seleucos Theos' troops and the enslavement of the barbaroi, when we heard some noises, it was like people were shouting, most of us were asleep; I wasn't, I had too much water that night and was coming from urinating, when I saw my shield get knocked on it's front by a stone, so I decided to run to grab my weapons, and alerted the other men, looked for the strategos, but he was nowhere to be found, I ran with my full equipement, thankfully I was assigned to a lighter shock infantry, but hoplite nontheless; I ran across the camp, when I saw him, our strategos. And you will not believe what he was doing...

No more until you figure out the things I asked for the last part, please participate

~Jirisys (Complete!)
    Last edited by jirisys; 08-11-2010 at 00:17.

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

not understood of this

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Wolf View Post
    not understood of this
    What did you not understood?

PWND!

~Jirisys (
    Making fun of other people's grammar mistakes is not good. Making fun of other people's grammar mistakes is not good.
    Making fun of other people's grammar mistakes is not good. Making fun of other people's grammar mistakes is not good.

)
    Last edited by jirisys; 08-11-2010 at 21:22.

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    (pardon if my greek is a little bad, I used a translator )
    Haha! This looks fun, but for the fact that Greek is such a well-studied tongue. I would love to do one of these interactive AARs but my tongue is barely spoken by people around the world and you have my word that Google won't have Armenian properly covered for another half to full decade, at the least. Crazy tongue.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)