Thread: Scaring Enemies

Default Scaring Enemies

I feel like the most effective skill in TW series since RTW, is reducing the morale of the enemies. In S2TW there are few ways to do it.

*Your Avatar could have "scaring enemies" option.
    * You can give scaring enemies ability to some of your units using clan tokens.
    * Warrior Monk's Warcry ability.

I got few question about these:

1) Are these effects binds on each other, or they effect seperately? I mean, If my avatar scares the enemy (-1), and also my Warrior Monks (-1), Will the morale reduces twice and become (-2), or stays just the same (-1)?
    2) If I have 2 Warrior Monks, and both of them have (-1) scaring skill, Will the morale reduces twice and become (-2), or stays just the same (-1)?
    3) Is that possible to have whole scary army, to run the enemy away without fight? (Ok that one is retorical :)

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

Default Re: Scaring Enemies

these effects seem to pile up on the unit but only one per instance, as in, there is no double penatly for using 2 warcries at the same time. The unit will only suffer the effect of one Warcry. Thats why some timing is important on when to use these abilities. You can aim for a quick drop in morale by using Warcry + scare enemies, + the negative morale retainer when you use rally + flanking + a few others. If you time it well, chain rout :)
    Last edited by AggonyKing; 06-12-2011 at 03:07.

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Uhm, thanks mate, sounds logical. I just thought since the "scaring enemy" worths 20 token and 70 koku, so its affect might be cumulative.

I'm more of a morale guy than att & def. Lots of times the enemy attacks with cav to my Ashi's, since they expect them to rout on first hit. Its a lovely scene to watch Ashi's holds the line suprisingly :)

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

ye, its quite lovely to see Ashi's in spear wall hold off cav and melee rushes hehe. They're the core of my army all the time ^_^ Its such a good unit if you know how to use them.

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

:) Yeah, I noticed that in S2TW Ashi's are even kind of overpowered. Yari Ashi's decimates even elite cavalries, (which was not possible on STW) and the Loan sword Ashi... Wow. Once you boost their morale and skills, they are like cheap Katana or No-Dachi's, and they can hold against cavaly thanks to their great number..

Quote Originally Posted by AggonyKing View Post
    ye, its quite lovely to see Ashi's in spear wall hold off cav and melee rushes hehe. They're the core of my army all the time ^_^ Its such a good unit if you know how to use them.