Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 1983

Thread: Netherworld III: Final Judgment [Concluded]

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Netherworld III: Final Judgment [In Play]

Writeup in progress.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

*evil, maniacal laughter*
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    *evil, maniacal laughter*

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

Sorry, I felt like being dramatic.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

So, does your post mean you're anti-town who is now gloating to your side's victory?

Or are you townie reveling at town's downfall? (or at least the game's imminent conclusion)

edit: or something else entirely?
    Last edited by glyphz; 09-12-2011 at 07:09.

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

Blog Entries

"So this is it, darling," the old man said. He gave a curt glance out the window, which betrayed the fact that she was well past her bedtime. "When day broke again, only three came back. Mainyu didn't even speak to the three gathered before him. He sat on his new throne, tapping a finger impatiently as the three immediately began to fight. Riedquat started the nomination process by accusing Johnhughthom. John retaliated, which left Beskar the determining vote. It didn't take him very long. Despite a short bout of hesitation, he cast his vote for Riedquat, who's behavior and accusations became increasingly odd. The debate continued, as Riedquat was not a quitter. But still, when the bell rung, Beskar and Johnhughthom resolutely drug him before Mainyu.

'Each of you," Mainyu commanded. 'Gaze at me. Lift your heads.' Each one did so, each one with uncertainty in their eyes. Mainyu looked into each one's eyes, with an almost bored look. He looked from Beskar, to John, to Riedquat on his knees between them. Mainyu tilted his head sideways. Riedquat immediately began to gag and fell to the floor in pain. It took him only a second to stop moving. 'Now, as for you two... it is likely one of you has been quite a nuisance,' he said, a finger extended, bouncing it between the two. 'I should just end you both right now, to be safe. Yes, that would be.... safe. No. Go. If either of you are the last one, you have my permission. Go ahead. When the moment is correct, strike. You will either succeed, or you will fail. I will have proper arrangements made for any who come back tomorrow morning. Now... leave.'"

The girl pouted quizzically. "So who did it, Granpa? And what did he have for them? And where are you? And-"

"Ah ah ah, pumpkin," the man said with a wink. "Just let me continue. it's almost over. Now, as for that night..."

Riedquat 2 (Beskar, Johnhughthom)
    Johnhughtom 1 (Riedquat)

Alive: 2

Beskar
    Johnhughthom

Killed: 20

TinCow (N1)
    Tratorix (N1)
    Visorslash (N1)
    B_ray (N2)
    Reenk Roink (N3)
    Andres (N4)
    Ironside (N4)
    Romanic (N5)
    Double A (N5)
    Earthling (N6)
    Believer (N7)
    Secura (N8)
    Yaropolk (N9)
    GeneralHankerchief (N9)
    Death is Yonder (N10)
    Choxorn (N11)
    TheLastDays (N12)
    Major Robert Dump (N13)
    Classical Hero (N14)
    Captain Blackadder (N15)

Lynched: 15

Arjos (D1)
    God Emperor (D2)
    Fluffy (D3)
    Askthepizzaguy (D4)
    White eyes (D5)
    Renata (D6)
    Seon (D7)
    Andres (D8)
    Zack (D9)
    Diamondeye (D10)
    Woad&fangs (D11)
    Chaotix (D12)
    Glyphz (D13)
    Warman (D14)
    Riedquat (D15)

WoK: 4

SoulBlade
    Khazaar
    Autolycus
    dcmort
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 09-12-2011 at 07:41.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Riedquat was innocent? Wow, who could have guessed?

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

This is a whole lot of LOLZ.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qlyphz View Post

So, does your post mean you're anti-town who is now gloating to your side's victory?

Or are you townie reveling at town's downfall? (or at least the game's imminent conclusion)

edit: or something else entirely?

Oh sweet qlyphz, surely you cannot think that I was ever anything but innocent in this game. The streak continues as scheduled.

That said, with a mislynch on the final round, that can only mean one of two outcomes: The final scum has prevailed, or Ishtar has prevailed. Either one deserves a standing ovation. If it is a final scum, they did very well not bothering to murder anyone, and they became cult by the end, and were not sacrificed. That's ice cold, and worthy of victory. If it was Ishtar all along as many people suspected, then she gobbled up her little devoted followers, who allowed her to do so in spite of their stated townie victory condition.

That's worth a few laughs, to be sure. No matter what, the ending will be amusing as all..... well, Netherworld.

As for who I'm rooting for, it hasn't been the innocents, that's for sure. Lynching me was terrible. I'm just waiting to see who I can congratulate on a stunning performance here. Johnhughthom, with the ice cold poker face, or Beskar, with the.... Beskar-like qualities.

I am fairly sure which one it is though. I'm not telling.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    If it was Ishtar all along as many people suspected, then she gobbled up her little devoted followers, who allowed her to do so in spite of their stated townie victory condition.

That's worth a few laughs, to be sure. No matter what, the ending will be amusing as all..... well, Netherworld.
    I think you once said this quote..."This is like reaching into a pot of boiling water, screaming and then putting your other hand in to pull it out". I have no idea how the Pizzaguy lynch came to be but if this was somewhat like faction wars/everyone mafia, I would not be surprised you were lynched.

Sometimes the villainy is so good that I have to root for it. Like Reenk in The Thing mafia.

Ahhh... great game. This one too, not bad.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

I'd just like to point out that of all the write ups this one would be the most ambiguous of them all.

I would hardly presume to add to that list of 'khaan's supposed 'traits' by adding that he spoils his own finales

Now its just time to sit back, and enjoy the finale
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

There is a fierce and ugly monster under your bed.... and he will eat you over the night!

returning to the shadows.....

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

See, I was innocent all along!

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEKWARMAN8GINGYBREADMENMILK View Post
    See, I was innocent all along!
    As you can see me too!
    returning to the shadows.....

Blog Entries

Funny how that works out !

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

I have to think that both of them have actually been killers this whole time and they'll kill each other and GAAAAAAAHHHH WHAT THE HECK

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Shall we write our own ending then Beskie?

Blog Entries

Please, have some patience. There's quite a bit I'm going to tie up, but I've something fairly important that needs to be done irl first. Thanks.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

I was only kidding, get the important stuff done first.

Blog Entries

How about everyone just gives me the win?

I would have thought when the cult had got rid of not cult members, that the game would be over, but this was not expected.

Quote Originally Posted by hero di classico View Post
    I would have thought when the cult had got rid of not cult members, that the game would be over, but this was not expected.
    Chaotix was scum but he wasn't lying, didn't need too.

Blog Entries

"Yes, that night...." the old man continued.

Following their dismissal, Beskar and Johnhughthom decided not to split up for the night. They went back to Beskar's home, just a short walk away. They didn't speak to each other, though they did give occasional glances. They arrived at a pair of gates leading to a secluded section of the city. Beskar opened them with a key, and welcomed the guest with a gesture. The two continued down a newly re-done road. A large, marble mansion lay off in the distance.

"It's not too bad, is it?" Beskar said with a coy glance. "I haven't remodeled the building itself in a few years though, you'll have to forgive its sloppy appearance." John simply shook his head in amazement as they drew closer. The marble was virtually spotless. He wished he could have seen it in the sunlight, in all its radiant glory. Still, it was far more splendid than any of the many hovels that littered Babylon. They arrived at a set of massive double doors at the front of the mansion. John moved up to lift the one on the right, allowing Beskar to enter first. A large chandelier hung from a large ceiling, with large, burned out candles. Beskar flicked a wrist and they lit, offering light to the forum. A large, rectangular, marble table dominated it, with purple cloth draped over it. "Would you like dinner?" Beskar asked John. He nodded. "Excellent!"

Beskar clapped, and a pair of servants, one male, the other female, emerged from wooden doors on either side of the room. They scurried before Beskar, head bowed the entire time. "Bring us the dinner," Beskar commanded. The two merely bent their heads further, and scurried through the door to the left of the table. "Please, John. Sit," Beskar said, indicating a leather-bound chair at the end of the table. Taking the cue, John sat down, watching Beskar wind around to the other end. "Well, John... were you wondering why I chose you?"

"A bit," he replied. "I assume you had good reason?"

"Oh, of course, my dear. You see, you have been there for me for so long. You've been with me through this chaotic time. Longer than the others. I wanted you to be the last one here, ready to see my plan finally come to fruition. You deserved that much, at least. Ah! And here we are!" The servants had returned, bearing large glass platters, garnished with several meats and exotic fruits. John raised an eyebrow at the lavish display. "Please, please," Beskar urged as the platter was laid before John. "Feel free. It is a small token of my appreciation."

And so with gusto John ate while Beskar sat and watched, refraining from eating. Upon finishing, he noticed the plate opposite him hadn't been touched. He wasn't sure what to make of the situation, nervously glancing around. "Well... aren't you hungry? It must have been a while since you've had anything."

"Well, my dear," Beskar responded, tapping finger to chin. "I suppose i haven't had anything since last night. I guess, come to think of it, it is time. But first, I must ask: was your meal satisfactory? Did it make you feel good?"

"Well.... it was fantastic, I suppose," John answered. The wording of the last sentence was strange, he thought.

"Excellent. It is good that you will die happy. As I said, fitting. And, it's always a bit more satisfying to take a bit of happiness with me." John was startled, but for some reason, he didn't feel panic. More like a strange curiosity. An odd mist began to creep into the room. "My dear, it has been good to know you. But, the time has come. Sadly, I must collect. No worries. I'll hold you closely, forever. So, don't think of it as a goodbye. Think of it as... bonding." Despite the pain in his chest, John sat in his chair quite calmly, until his body eventually failed, slumping him down his his chair. With that, Beskar stood up, surrounded by a sharp, blue aura.

"Time for one last date."

"Now, as the sun rose the next day," the old man continued. "Beskar arrived to find all the doors were opened, and all the veils and curtains had been tossed away. The throne room seemed odd with so much more sunlight streaming in. It was almost a shame that everyone else didn't get to see it. Standing in the middle of the room, at the foot of the stairs, was Mainyu. He held his hands out as Beskar walked in.

'Well, my dear. It seems you've finished. The winner of my challenge has presented herself,' he said. 'It's finally just the two of us. You. Me. Quite entertaining, really. The Heavens? The Netherworld?'

Beskar nodded. 'Yep. They all fell, one by one. As did that False King of Uruk. As did all the other mischievous forces. Just me,' Beskar said, pointing to herself. 'And you.'

'I'm impressed. I really must say, I am,' Mainyu continued. 'You wiped out my own guard, and survived the imminent threat of the Netherworld and the Gods, at the same time. I think we both know where this goes now. I know what you desire. You know what I desire. So, Ishtar,' Mainyu said, with his right hand held out. 'You have survived my tests. You have survived the tests of my enemies. None stand before me. The Heavens are vanquished. The Netherworld is vanquished. I may have lost everything in Babylon, but I have so much more. And so, the rest of the worlds are laid bare before me. Come, join me in rule. Be my queen, be at my side. The greatest, only King can have only the greatest Queen. Everything you desire- wealth, power, everyone else at our command. Well?'

'That's quite the tally you have there,' Ishtar responded with a mischievous smile. 'But gems? Finest clothes? Thrill of the hunt upon command? Hmm.... I suppose that's not a bad offer, not at all... my King,' she said, her grin growing wider. 'I fear you've given me no choice but to accept.'

'Excellent,' Mainyu responded. 'Now, let us go forth, and create a new world. For us.'"

With a sigh, the old man closed his eyes. "Well, my dear. That's it. How did you like it?

"But Granpa, where are you? There's only two people left. And you can't be Ishtar... but," the young girl queried to the old man.

He grinned, and for a moment, allowed his eyes to flash a violent red. The girl gasped. "What can I say, pumpkin. I was more adventurous in my youth," he said with a chuckle.

"But... but... aren't mommy and daddy human? And me?"

"Hehe... well, you see, pumpkin. After a while, grandma and I decided, we wanted to try letting humans run their own world a bit, so we didn't have to do everything. So, we adopted mommy and daddy when they were real young, even younger than you. And we raised them so they would be the best King and Queen they could be. That's why you get to be royalty! You might not be blood, but you're still family."

"Yay!" the girl giggled, reaching out to give a hug. Mainyu accepted it, before setting her back into the bed.

"Now, go to sleep, pumpkin. Daddy and Grandma have planned a celebration for our anniversary, I think..." And so he left the room and the young girl behind. As he jaunted down the hall, he allowed himself to drop his illusion. He turned for a moment to see himself in a mirror hung on a stone wall. His blackened skin was good as old. A shout from a stair case told him that he had alerted the party as to his nearby presence. "Ah, don't worry Dear, I wouldn't miss this for the world...."

ISHTAR VICTORY!

Alive: 1

Beskar

Killed: 21

TinCow (N1)
    Tratorix (N1)
    Visorslash (N1)
    B_ray (N2)
    Reenk Roink (N3)
    Andres (N4)
    Ironside (N4)
    Romanic (N5)
    Double A (N5)
    Earthling (N6)
    Believer (N7)
    Secura (N8)
    Yaropolk (N9)
    GeneralHankerchief (N9)
    Death is Yonder (N10)
    Choxorn (N11)
    TheLastDays (N12)
    Major Robert Dump (N13)
    Classical Hero (N14)
    Captain Blackadder (N15)
    Johnhughthom (N16)

Lynched: 15

Arjos (D1)
    God Emperor (D2)
    Fluffy (D3)
    Askthepizzaguy (D4)
    White eyes (D5)
    Renata (D6)
    Seon (D7)
    Andres (D8)
    Zack (D9)
    Diamondeye (D10)
    Woad&fangs (D11)
    Chaotix (D12)
    Glyphz (D13)
    Warman (D14)
    Riedquat (D15)

WoK: 4

SoulBlade
    Khazaar
    Autolycus
    dcmort

More to come soon. People may now reveal roles if they wish.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Video expressing my thoughts perfectly:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

On a more serious note, 'khaan wins the most ambiguous written Role PM award.

Or I simply win the "I totally misread my Role PM" award.
    Last edited by Beskar; 09-15-2011 at 06:44. Reason: And yes, I noticed you couldn't resist using usernames for the last write-up.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Blog Entries

Roles:

Town:

Aesma Daeva- Romanic (Watcher Mason with Asto Vidatu)
    Asto Vidatu- Secura
    Kanaloa- SoulBlade (Role Blocker)
    Athena- Earthling (Protector)
    Murugan- Tratorix (Vigilante)
    Hekate- Classical Hero

Mafia:

Yuanshi Tianzun- Renata
    Nemesis- TheFluffyOne
    Hades- Chaotix
    Ereshkigal- White eyes

Neutral:

Gilgamesh- GeneralHankerchief (Teamed serial killer with Enkidu)
    Enkidu- Andres

Ishtar- Beskar

Eris- Believer

More details to come, but I am sleepy.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 09-15-2011 at 07:25.

Way to go Beskar. At least those jerks that killed me didn't win this. Here's my role if anyone's interested.

You are Murugan, god of war and victory. You have grown to detest the ego and jealousy shown by the Heavens and Netherworld, each side showing little but greed in the origins of the great war. The Netherworld, by instigating it in pursuit of souls, and the heavens, by unjustly annexing the former border between man and the Netherworld. It has convinced you that none of them deserve power. So, when Angra Mainyu sent his missives to you, informing you of his plan to unite the worlds, you agreed, despite the risk for Mainyu himself growing out of control. Despite your misgivings, the time has now come for you to fulfill your duty, with Babylon under attack. Each night, you may attempt to vanquish one player. You and Angra Mainyu shall be victorious when all hostile forces are destroyed.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I was just rolling around on the floor laughing when I saw that Beskar was really Ishtar. I really thought it was john till the last round, good show killing your self's and miss getting an easy victory little townies.

Even though we lost I had a blast watching this, and congrats to Chaotix going 3 rounds alone under pressure.

Well done Beskar. Hilarious to see the cultists go down like that, town was just looking worse and worse over time (and all of us did die extremely rapidly along with most of mafia roles, most drawn out game ever.)

My only real questions were who actually was town after all and that's partly answered. I figured just me, traitorix, and Romanic who had the ability and not Secura wasn't enough but we really didn't have much after all. And SoulBlade got WoG'd.

I'd pegged traitorix as Murugan after looking up the peacock stuff too but I'm amazed that nobody was Janus! Thought for sure Chaotix had stolen that from a teammate given the writeups.

One last question: What were Zack, God Emperor, and especially classical_hero who openly claimed another power-role??

Here's my Role PM below. Congratulations to Ishtar again.

You are Athena, goddess of war and wisdom. You've witness the aimless violence between the heavens and netherworld, with neither side seeming to have any end goal. You decided you would no longer support war without direction or purpose any longer when Angra Mainyu revealed himself and his grand plan. A unified plane of existence, where pointless infighting could be prevented, appealed to you, and so you offered your abilities to him. Now, with his capital under attack, you know what you must do. Each night, you may protect one player aside from yourself from attack. Victory will be had when all forces hostile to Angra Mainyu(the town) are vanquished.

There was a big high wall there that tried to stop me
    Sign was painted, it said private property
    But on the back side it didn't say nothing
    This land was made for you and me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    Well done Beskar. Hilarious to see the cultists go down like that, town was just looking worse and worse over time (and all of us did die extremely rapidly along with most of mafia roles, most drawn out game ever.)

My only real questions were who actually was town after all and that's partly answered. I figured just me, traitorix, and Romanic who had the ability and not Secura wasn't enough but we really didn't have much after all. And SoulBlade got WoG'd.

I'd pegged traitorix as Murugan after looking up the peacock stuff too but I'm amazed that nobody was Janus! Thought for sure Chaotix had stolen that from a teammate given the writeups.

One last question: What were Zack, God Emperor, and especially classical_hero who openly claimed another power-role??

Here's my Role PM below. Congratulations to Ishtar again.

You are Athena, goddess of war and wisdom. You've witness the aimless violence between the heavens and netherworld, with neither side seeming to have any end goal. You decided you would no longer support war without direction or purpose any longer when Angra Mainyu revealed himself and his grand plan. A unified plane of existence, where pointless infighting could be prevented, appealed to you, and so you offered your abilities to him. Now, with his capital under attack, you know what you must do. Each night, you may protect one player aside from yourself from attack. Victory will be had when all forces hostile to Angra Mainyu(the town) are vanquished.

Ah, whoops, missed Hero. He was Hekate, the reviver. Updated previous post to indicate.

Zack and God Emperor were ordinary. The attacks on them failed because GH and Andres were required to team up for a kill to be successful, until either one died. When Andres died, Gilgamesh went into rage mode where he could kill by himself. However, in both cases, Andres was role blocked.

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667 LastLast