Thread: Why I feel a twinge of sadness for every Jeep owner I see on the road

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Arrow Why I feel a twinge of sadness for every Jeep owner I see on the road

Sure, they get terrible gas mileage (even the little Liberty gets something horrid like 17 mpg), but at least they're dangerous.

Default Re: Why I feel a twinge of sadness for every Jeep owner I see on the road

We still have jeeps here. They have the image of being a very macho vehicle, and are regarded highly by many people. But they aren't 'Jeeps' as you lot have.
    They are all based on the WW2 Willys model (some of those 'short' Jeeps are still actually running around even today, heavily modified) and are manufactured by Mahindra & Mahindra. Very sturdy vehicles and excellent for off road driving.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Why I feel a twinge of sadness for every Jeep owner I see on the road

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot
    We still have jeeps here. They have the image of being a very macho vehicle, and are regarded highly by many people. But they aren't 'Jeeps' as you lot have.
    They are all based on the WW2 Willys model (some of those 'short' Jeeps are still actually running around even today, heavily modified) and are manufactured by Mahindra & Mahindra. Very sturdy vehicles and excellent for off road driving.
    We still have them, they are the Jeep Wranglers.

The Grand Cherokee (and some of the other Jeep models) actually had advantages over the other US brand SUVs. It wasn't body-on-frame, so it was safer in crashes due to the existence of crumple zones. It was better as a macho-ed up station wagon than the other SUVs in this sense. But obviously they have some work to do on the suspension.

When I saw the video title, I thought it was going to be more along these lines:
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    We still have them, they are the Jeep Wranglers.
    Now those, look like jeeps!

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Buy a Ford my friend.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Sure, they get terrible gas mileage (even the little Liberty gets something horrid like 17 mpg), but at least they're dangerous.

having an suv/jeep whatever in the city is just bs, but if you live somewhere in the middle of nowhere then you need it. you can hardly go off the road in your smart can you...

We do not sow.

The Grand Cherokee tries to pull off the classic Off road/On road best-of-both-worlds trick, and like most of these unibody trucklet things, it fails on both counts. The only trucks that I know of that can actually perform well in both environments are Land Rovers (excluding the Defender - that thing is a single-minded off road beast).

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Toyota Hilux the end

They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Member thankful for this post:

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    having an suv/jeep whatever in the city is just bs, but if you live somewhere in the middle of nowhere then you need it. you can hardly go off the road in your smart can you...
    you can hardly go off road in many SUVs that are sold nowadays also....they are more for...making people feel tougher than an actual practical effect.
    as for them being dangerous in making a corner?...darwinism at work I´d say.
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm disappointed in the severe lack of barrel rolling in this

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    (who might be driving a seemingly smart car such a Prius).
    Ok, but..
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-14-2012 at 12:31.