Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: The Palace [Concluded]

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: The Palace [IN-PLAY]

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    The worst part is you seem to be really sincere in these posts... this is really disturbing...

If it's only Andres messing with us it means jht and the flax are still alive?
    It's easy to act sincere when you're telling the truth. There has not been a single lie, falsehood, omission, or attempt at obfuscation in any of my posts since I did the 'big' reveal on the day you lynched me. Andres has done fake endings before, it's something of a classic-style game tradition around here. If it's fake then, yes, jht and theflax were alive at the end of the game and it will be shown as such. It's an academic discussion though, since even if we think Andres is messing with us, you three living people still have to go through the effort to vote for each other just in case he's not.

In any case, I think everyone who is alive should answer the following questions:
    1) Do you think that Darth's reveal as mafia was real?
    2) If the answer to (1) is yes, why do you think the game is still going?
    3) If the answer to (2) is no, why do you think Darth did a fake reveal?

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

What happened's in the event of a tie with the Don dead? Does anybody even get lynched?

I don't think Andres is messing with us...but he is pulling that "Expect the Unexpected in a mafia game which always seems to decide who wins" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    In any case, I think everyone who is alive should answer the following questions:
    1) Do you think that Darth's reveal as mafia was real?
    2) If the answer to (1) is yes, why do you think the game is still going?
    3) If the answer to (2) is no, why do you think Darth did a fake reveal?
    1) I want to believe it was real...but this makes me doubt:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    Hmmm a strange twist. I was quite confident I was scum. Now you make me doubt Andres.
    3) I can see him making a fake reveal out of frustration, knowing himself innocent and without any chance to revert his own lynch, not a very townish action but not impossible

2) They were able to recruit or your innocent list was fubar from the start, or... if we ignore all you have said, is still possible you were one of the parchezzi feeding us with lie after lie... and I don't want to convince anybody of this because I just have a big problem digesting it myself...

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    What happened's in the event of a tie with the Don dead? Does anybody even get lynched?
    It does matter? Lets pull a triple tie, nobody is lynched but two will die at night...

unvote; vote: jarema just because he isn't talking...
    returning to the shadows.....

Vote riedquat.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

I am here now.
    I was not here before, that is why I did not talk

vote: Riedquat. I think White Eyes is not scum
    I will be back in a few hours and I will re-read all posts of this two, so I can make mmore informed guess

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

My reveal was real and the post was a bad attempt for a joke

*Goes back to his cold and almost alcoholfree grave*
    Last edited by Darth Feather; 02-11-2013 at 11:05.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Vote riedquat.
    No no no, you were right all the time, it is my town riedquatness, I'm not scum!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    I am here now.
    I was not here before, that is why I did not talk

vote: Riedquat. I think White Eyes is not scum
    I will be back in a few hours and I will re-read all posts of this two, so I can make mmore informed guess
    I think you and WE:D aren't scum... unvote

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    My reveal was real and the post was a bad attempt for a joke

*Goes back to his cold and almost alcoholfree grave*
    Considering the circumstances I must say it was a real good joke...

Then, there is only one thing to do:

Take the explosives and go to the bottom of the ship, fabricate a house-made bomb (as every little boy learn to do at his 4 around this part of the world) attach the small but efficient artefact to the hull, place the timer in about 4 hours, done this lets inform the rest of the crew the ship will sink to the bottom of this shitty brown river in a couple of hours and we must flee this place at once.

Vote: Andres

I have not been following the game at all since my death, including the posts on this page and the last few. With that in mind, out of the three people alive, Jarema is someone I would expect to kill me night one; the others, not so much.

Okay, looking at this page and the last, Riedquat is acting like an erratic weirdo, which could mean any number of things.

EDIT: And upon further research, he has a history of ordering hits on me! I hope you get lynched as totally deserved payback for the time you offhandedly suggested to either kill or protect me or another person!
    Last edited by Zack; 02-11-2013 at 21:42.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

The Palace - Day 9

Riedquat, Jarema and White_Eyes:D had been waiting for several hours now.

"This can't be possible," Riedquat said.

"Apparently, this is not over yet," White_Eyes:D said, sighing.

Jarema looked at both men. Both men stared back.

"Always expect the unexpected," somebody said.

The three turned their heads towards that voice.

They saw a man stumbling towards them, his face pale, holding his stomach.

"Too... much... whiskey...," he said and he fell down.

Jarema and Riedquat quickly ran over to him.

"johnhughthom? You're alive?"

"Barely. I guess the alcohol saved my life. I should've never kissed that frog, I don't think I would've survived it without the alcohol in my blood. Whiskey saved my life. But I would've never done something so stupid if I hadn't been that drunk."

johnhughthom paused and tried to throw up whatever was left in his stomach, which was nothing. Sitting on his knees, his hands on the ground, johnhughthom felt terrible.

"No more... Never! Never, ever again!"

"Look, over there!" White_Eyes:D yelled.

The three living villagers and the half dead johnhughthom looked into the direction White_Eyes:D was pointing his finger at.

They saw TheFlax, holding his stomach, stumbling.

"No... more... whiskey...," he murmured. "I was so drunk, I thought I was being attacked by piranha's while in fact, it were just scrub fishes."

TheFlax sat down, holding his stomach with his two hands.

The three other villagers looked at each other.

"It's over! TheFlax and johnhughthom are alive! Nobody died!"

"We're dieing right now! Right in front of you! And stop talking so loud, sadists!" TheFlax and johnhughthom yelled simulteanously.

"No, you aren't, you're just suffering from a hang-over! I can't believe it!" White_Eyes:D said, and he grabbed a bottle of whisky. And so did Jarema and Riedquat.

"We'll have to celebrate this!"

TheFlax and johnhughthom both moaned...

Survivors (5/29)
    Riedquat
    Jarema
    White_Eyes:D
    johnhughthom
    TheFlax

Killed (16)
    edse
    Zack
    The King - bodyguard
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Montmorency
    LazyMcCrow
    El Barto
    issaikhaan - bodyguard

Chaotix
    ATPG
    autolycus - bodyguard
    Visorslash
    BSmith
    edse (in his capacity of replacement of Cornelius) - Don Fernando Delgado
    Makrell
    Arjos

Lynched (8)
    Nightbringer - Parchezzi
    Elite Ferret
    GeneralHankerchief
    Ishmael
    a completely inoffensive name - Parchezzi

Csargo
    TinCow - Agent 47
    Darth Feather - Parchezzi

WoG/suicide (0)

Replaced (3)
    edse replaced Cornelius at the end of Day 4
    Visorslash replaced robbiecon at the end of Day 4
    johnhughthom replaced Xenoneb at the beginning of Day 6

(MINOR) TOWNSPEOPLE VICTORY
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Good game town. Thanks for hosting Andres. It was a lot of fun.
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

ROLE PM'S

Parchezzi's:

Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    47: “So, you’re the famous Mark Parchezzi the Third.”
    Parchezzi: “You don’t want to kill me, 47. I’m just like you.”
    47: “Our similarities are irrelevant.”
    Parchezzi: “We’re practically brothers. You can’t shoot me.”
    47: “I can do whatever I’m paid to.”

Your assignment is pretty clear.

Take out Don Fernando Delgado and leave no witnesses.

Don Fernando Delgado is always accompanied by three armed bodyguards. I know you are highly trained and all three of you have abilities that are not available to ordinary humans, but these guys are fanatics and armed to the teeth. They don't care about their own safety; any attempt to take out Don Fernando Delgado will most likely result in your sudden death.

We have rumours that the infamous agent 47 was hired to perform the same task. It is unclear to us if the person who hired us is the same as the one who hired 47. It is possible that games are being played above our heads. Regardless, whether 47 is here or not, your assignment is to take out the Don and everybody else who is a possible witness of what will happen here.

Good luck to the three of you.

You are "the Parchezzis", namely Mark Parchezzi IV, Mark Parchezzi V and Mark Parchezzi VI (you can decide among yourselves who is who). Your creators are brilliant scientists, but they clearly lacked inspiration when choosing your names. Not that you care, since your creators worked hard to make sure you're not hindered in your reason of existence by something as trivial as emotions.

The reason of your existence is clear: you were created to kill and that is what you do best.

Each night, you get to kill 2 players of your choice. The team always has 2 kills, even if you're down to 2 or just only 1.

Any attempt to kill the Don while at least one of his bodyguards is still alive, is doomed to fail. It will also have very negative effects on the entire team; but it will make for an explosive and interesting write-up...

It will be made clear to you when your target turned out to be a bodyguard.

There's a third party role. Your suspicions on who he or she may be, based on the above, may be correct or entirely false. Regardless, this person is very dangerous to you. He or she is not necessarily a direct threat, but be careful. You'll get more information when you accidentally stumble upon him or her. If you survive the encounter, that is.

You have a very wide range of tools at your disposal to complete your mission: pistols, rifles, machine guns, explosives, knives, grenades, you name it, you have it in your arsenal.

Good luck.

Andres.

Agent 47

The name "Agent 47" is just a whisper on the lips of the dead... because if he comes calling for you... you will never even know... until it's too late. Then, like a ghost, he'll disappear. A phantom. A legend

Agent 47

Hello 47,

For this mission, your target is Don Fernando Delgado, a notorious drug baron. Don Fernando Delgado thinks very highly of himself. Truth be told, he isn't just an ordinary criminal like all the others. He is of the opinion that with wealth and power come responsibilities. Allthough his approach is a bit paternalistic, he does care about the local population and the people living in the area under his control are generally better off than the rest of the country.

Don Fernando Delgado likes playing cello and he's often in his suite, playing late in the evening.

He is protected by three loyal bodyguards. There's no way to get to him as long as you haven't taken out all three of them, since they constantly follow him, as his shadows.

We suspect that the same client who hired us concluded a contract with another agency to hit the same target. It is also possible the other assassins' hired have you as an additional objective. It's also possible they are hired by another person who isn't our client and they aren't aware about your presence. Much is unclear. Just keep in mind that this mission may have an higher risk than other missions. As stipulated in our agreement, an additional payment to cover the higher risk has been made.

Be careful 47.

Diana.

You are agent 47 (you probably know him from the Hitman games).

Your main objective is to kill Don Fernando Delgado. How you take him out, is entirely up to you.

At your disposal are the following objects:
    - one fiber wire;
    - a syringe with 3 non-lethal doses;

Each night, you can perform one of the following actions:
    - scan 4 players. The results you'll get will be 100 % correct;
    - kill one player using your fiber wire;
    - sedate one player using your syringe (keep in mind that you have only 3 doses). This will incapacitate the player for 5 consecutive nights, making it impossible for them to perform any night action.

The more innocents you kill, the higher the risk gets that your identity will be revealed. For the purpose of the game, bodyguards do not count as innocents, yet killing them instead of sedating them may have negative consequences. Know that the bodyguards know each other.

You are free to let your competitors alive or not. Know that they are not push-overs and there's a chance of failure would you decide attempting to take them out.

More abilities may come available to you as the game continues.

It is strictly forbidden to quote this role pm or to allude to it. You can claim whatever role you want and make up fake role pm's as much as you want. But you can't claim the role of 47 or "hitman" or something that points into the direction of Agent 47 out of the Hitman series.

Good luck, 47, you're going to need it.

Andres.

Bodyguards

And you're ready to die for me?
    It's the job.
    And you'd do it? Why?
    I can't sing.

You are one of Don Fernando Delgado's three bodyguards.

The other bodyguards are x and y.

Each night, you will automatically protect Don Fernando Delgado with your lives.

Don Fernando may or may not know your identity. It is up to you to decide if you wish to approach him in private and reveal to him or not. The code phrase you have to use when contacting Don Fernando Delgado is "I can't sing". Don Fernando Delgado may or may not have an ability that could save you out of an impossible situation.

You lose the game when Don Fernando dies.

Good luck.

Andres.

Don Fernando Delgado

"I don't like violence, Tom. I'm a businessman. Blood is a big expense."

You are Don Fernando Delgado, the drug baron.

Allthough you've done many bad things in your life, you see yourself as a businessman. You also have a sense of duty. It is your opinion that everybody who is in a position of wealth and power needs to take care of those less fortunate. For a drug baron, you're a more than decent man and the people living in the area under your control are generally speaking better off than those living in other parts of the country.

Murder attempts are part of your every day life. Many people want you dead and you long since stopped bothering trying to figure out who wants you dead. You have three loyal bodyguards; the best of the best. They protect you while wearing disguises. You don't know who they are, and that's how you prefer it to be. Ever since you started to do those monthly payments, no murder attempt at you ever succeeded.

The only thing you know is the following: "You can blindly trust the men who can't sing".

You will direct the lynches and can suggest a write-up every day. In case of a tied vote, you decide who gets lynched. If you fail to pm me your decision within 12 hours, I'll decide at random who gets lynched.

You have a one-time ability to save a player from the noose. Use it wisely. It will be made clear to the players that the player was saved by you.

Good luck.

Andres.
    Last edited by Andres; 02-11-2013 at 23:09.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

Thanks for hosting Andres

Its good to be alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Great game Andres! Some of the best write-ups in recent memory!

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

thanks for interesting game (albeit I was not active)

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

IT waS a FaKe-ouT?....*Language not suited for the Org here*

Good game all, I am kinda surprised random bandwagons killed off two of the scumbags.

Good to know I got Tincow, even if it's another instance of my pegging a friendly role early on. I suppose, more than a year since The Island, that our vague reversal is fitting.

Classic Andres style.

I am surprised by ACIN's performance.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Hahaha! yupi!!! Thanks for hosting Andres!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Okay, looking at this page and the last, Riedquat is acting like an erratic weirdo, which could mean any number of things.

EDIT: And upon further research, he has a history of ordering hits on me! I hope you get lynched as totally deserved payback for the time you offhandedly suggested to either kill or protect me or another person!
    Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    Thanks...
    It was obviously tongue-in-cheek, no need to roll your eyes at me. I'm amused that you think I'd be so spiteful, like I'm Warman or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Good to know I got Tincow, even if it's another instance of my pegging a friendly role early on.
    I wasn't friendly. While I was not trying to kill the town, I'm pretty sure that a victory for me would have been a loss for the town and I considered my role scum. For the record, every single PM in my reveal on the day I got lynched was legit. Had you let me live, I would have simply left town and taken a minor loss.

well played all . Thanks Andres

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    I wasn't friendly. While I was not trying to kill the town, I'm pretty sure that a victory for me would have been a loss for the town and I considered my role scum. For the record, every single PM in my reveal on the day I got lynched was legit. Had you let me live, I would have simply left town and taken a minor loss.
    Sounds acceptable to me. All you needed was to kill the Boss, and he was cooked anyway.

Town wins a minor victory if they eliminate all threats, but fail to keep the Don alive.
    As I tried to intimate in The Island, and you tried to hoodwink into:

Drop the gun pal. It's been a long day for everyone, let's end it on a positive note; everybody walks away breathing, everybody wins. It's over. Let's go home.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Great! Even though I died off pretty quickly, I stayed on for the updates and the players' antics. Kumquat should always be lynched.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    It was obviously tongue-in-cheek, no need to roll your eyes at me. I'm amused that you think I'd be so spiteful, like I'm Warman or something.
    Took it that way!

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMcCrow View Post
    well played all . Thanks Andres
    Not all, I owe my survival to the dead townies, specially to Visor and super Agent 47!

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Great! Even though I died off pretty quickly, I stayed on for the updates and the players' antics. Kumquat should always be lynched.

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

Thank you Andres for once again hosting such an enjoyable game.

Well done to everyone involved...
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Thanks for the game, Andres! Town rules, scums drool. Go town, etc.

*fingers crossed*
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I'm glad so many of you liked my write-ups. To me, it's the most fun part of hosting these games, so it's great when the players like reading them.

I think town did very well in this game by catching all 4 scums. I was afraid the game was a bit unbalanced in favour of scum and that town would never win without a cross-kill between Agent 47 and the Parchezzi.

The Parchezzi started bad with losing a member immediately on day 1, but they did very well lasting for so long. Darth Feather managed to stay under the radar for a long while.

TinCow was a joy as Agent 47, sharing his thoughts and devious plans with me through pm. It's great fun for the host when the scumbags share their inner thoughts in private.

This game also shows that it's not always necessary to have plenty of posts for town to win a (more or less) vanilla game.

It was great fun hosting again. I hope I'll have some more free time later on this year to host another one.
    Last edited by Andres; 02-12-2013 at 10:12.

Ja mata, TosaInu

I got here a bit late after the finish, but I'd still like to say thanks for hosting Andres! And to second all the others, the write-ups were fantastic. You find them one of the most fun parts of hosting, and I find them one of the most fun parts of playing in your games.

Thanks for the game Andres, great writeups and a good setup.

Good job town.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819