Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Regional Descriptions: Help the EBII Team

Default Re: Regional Descriptions: Help the EBII Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Edited the Syrthim description and added it to the internal build (will be part of v2.3a). Also added your new pix as a replacement for Nikron. Here's the before and after icons (new ones on top):

Attachment 20594
    It looks awesome! I'm glad you managed to include the pic, and the description as well. I hope I'll be able to continue with Byzacena as soon as possible.

Member thankful for this post:

Kull 

I live in a small town in Northern Idaho, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    M2TW doesn't like italics (or our xml conversion tool can't handle them properly). The "italics code" has the unfortunate side effect of eliminating the spaces which immediately precede (or follow) it. We used to use it, but the overall effect was ugly and it was all removed in an update sometime last year. Don't know about brackets, but parens work fine.
    Regarding the "xml conversion tool" you are using -- is that something that a coder could modify or a utility that could be replaced with a new custom version?

The specific problem (removing spaces before or after) seems as if it might be corrected at that stage to make M2TW happy.

If so, what language might said coder need to work in?

Just a thought so tossing-in my two mites since italics sound useful/desirable from a few other comments I have seen.

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ozonius Tomicus View Post
    Regarding the "xml conversion tool" you are using -- is that something that a coder could modify or a utility that could be replaced with a new custom version?

The specific problem (removing spaces before or after) seems as if it might be corrected at that stage to make M2TW happy.

If so, what language might said coder need to work in?

Just a thought so tossing-in my two mites since italics sound useful/desirable from a few other comments I have seen.
    The tool was developed by a former team member, and unfortunately we don't have anybody with the technical skill to go in and address the italics issue. Here's the link to the thread where the tool was made available to the public. If you have the skills to navigate through that thing and can make the adjustments necessary, that would be awesome!
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

I live in a small town in Northern Idaho, USA

Thanks Kull. I was able to download the source and binary files linked in that thread. It is Java -- which I did use to develop a couple of small apps many years back, and NetBeans, which I have seen but never used as an IDE. The updates and discussions in the thread should help understanding, though mostly unfamiliar topics to me...

I will try to get a handle on the utility but cannot promise that I will progress rapidly in understanding enough to find and correct the issues -- but am willing to try to bring myself up-to-speed as time permits in the near future.

It would be swell to give something back to the project that has provided me so much education and entertainment over the years!

Kull 

Does anymore writing need to be done

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718