Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 1996

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

@therother may be able to help. I've also got a custom picture there but can't seem to find the option to change it anymore. Or maybe I did but it's empty despite the values I entered long ago to choose it. Could that have been broken during an update?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Member thankful for this post:

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

It's a custom profile picture. You should be able to edit it here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/profi...editprofilepic
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

No, says I didn't select anything. Could you folks see me all the time? Not that I am ashamed of my looks but I don't understand how my mugshot got there
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-27-2017 at 08:19.

I think it's been there for a few years, and that Husar commented on it in the Watchtower a long time ago, but you didn't quite believe him.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Quote Originally Posted by therother View Post
    It's a custom profile picture. You should be able to edit it here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/profi...editprofilepic
    I thought that the profile picture was only viewable, if someone visited your profile. I can see my profile picture there (Yes Minister/Blackadder), but there's nothing when I visit Fragony's profile. There is nothing there, indicating he has not chosen any profile picture. However, I can't see any profile picture above avatars, not even mine. It's just the username, a customised user-title ("master of pwinverse"), a non-customisable usertitle (Member, Senior Member and etc.) and the avatar. So many questions, so confused.

Doesn't really matter I guess, please don't hunt me down and kill me tbough

Quote Originally Posted by Crandar View Post
    I thought that the profile picture was only viewable, if someone visited your profile. I can see my profile picture there (Yes Minister/Blackadder), but there's nothing when I visit Fragony's profile. There is nothing there, indicating he has not chosen any profile picture. However, I can't see any profile picture above avatars, not even mine. It's just the username, a customised user-title ("master of pwinverse"), a non-customisable usertitle (Member, Senior Member and etc.) and the avatar. So many questions, so confused.
    In the general settings there are thread view options about showing profile pictures and the broadband option etc.

I'm not sure it is the profile picture because in my profile I have no picture but I do have the big picture aboce the avatar in all my posts.
    If you go to my profile however, there does not appear to be an actual profile picture and the box in the settings is almost empty, just says "http://www." or so...

Could just be that @therother broke my profile to punish me of course.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Doesn't really matter I guess, please don't hunt me down and kill me tbough
    I am not sure what the hunting limits are on Niederlanders these days...
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Changed your user settings so you can see signatures Fragony. You can edit your signature in your profile settings.

Removed view profile images for you, Husar.
    Last edited by Beskar; 11-27-2017 at 22:00.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    I always liked calling them moosi.
    Moosen! I saw a flock of moosen! They were in the woods, the woodsen!

I am not sure what the hunting limits are on Niederlanders these days...
    I had better watch out too, then. Though I am only half-Dutch, so maybe I am safe.
    Last edited by Vincent Butler; 11-28-2017 at 01:20.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Changed your user settings so you can see signatures Fragony. You can edit your signature in your profile settings.

I was really just giving Frags a heads-up and twitting him a bit. Did not mean to turn this into a Watchtower moment.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Is that the punishment now or did I make the impression that I wanted that?

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    I was really just giving Frags a heads-up and twitting him a bit. Did not mean to turn this into a Watchtower moment.
    Yes, but then it looked like he wanted help so I couldn't resist to solve the issue.

I think we can move on now.
    Last edited by Husar; 11-28-2017 at 03:23.

Oh don't worry

Stilll can't change anything though, sig is as ancient as the green wave in Teheran
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-28-2017 at 08:38.

I only read Nature for the cartoons:

Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

"Literally" is almost never not used as an intensifier.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I graduate from university in 6 days. Crazy.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Csargo 

I graduate from university in 6 days. Crazy.
    Congrats. Once free, keep running and do not stop. If you can make it the first mile or so you should be safe.

Congrats. Once free, keep running and do not stop. If you can make it the first mile or so you should be safe.
    Thanks! I dont have a job yet, but Ive been getting interviews and I should start to hear back within the next week or so. Hopefully not much longer will pass before I get a job. Planning on moving to a new city as well.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

So its been 6 days. I don't really feel much different. Maybe a bit lost. Sleeping in is nice though.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Members thankful for this post (3):

So its been 6 days. I don't really feel much different. Maybe a bit lost. Sleeping in is nice though.
    Congratulations!

Once free, keep running and do not stop. If you can make it the first mile or so you should be safe.
    Well said, Seamus Fermanagh.

I laugh every time I pass the university I graduated from. A very affected, obnoxious laugh. It is a good feeling. I lost over eight years of my life there. Now if I could only find a job in that field. You would think an electrical engineering grad could get a job quickly in a place whose economy depends heavily on the work of engineers.
    Last edited by Vincent Butler; 12-13-2017 at 09:12.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

Take him to Detroit. Well yourself, plenty of work in your field. I have an odd fascination for that city, it's a bit like Rapture from Bioshock, an art-deco paradise gone wrong

Well, really only one city in the US for me to go to with a degree in international affairs.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

I logged in and I dont really know why.
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Well, really only one city in the US for me to go to with a degree in international affairs.
    Wasn't talking to you but Vincent Butler, a tech-degree is of use there. Congratulations by the way, was ordered to congratulate you on behalve of my mates as well, they asked about your introvert self and I told them you just graduated, you must have made an impression
    Last edited by Fragony; 12-16-2017 at 09:12.

Default Random Thoughts Thread

Wasn't talking to you but Vincent Butler, a tech-degree is of use there. Congratulations by the way, was ordered to congratulate you on behalve of my mates as well, they asked about your introvert self and I told them you just graduated, you must have made an impression
    Ahh oops. Oh well.

And I like to think I have come out of my introverted shell in the two years since we have met. But thanks!
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Blog Entries

Take him to Detroit. Well yourself, plenty of work in your field. I have an odd fascination for that city, it's a bit like Rapture from Bioshock, an art-deco paradise gone wrong
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Maybe a bit lost.
    -> Steam -> Pile of shame -> #deservingit

Almost got caught in a rental scam from Craigslist the other day. A friend and I were looking for an apartment together and we found this seemingly great one for $2500 a month in a great area, coming fully furnished too. Now for a 2 bed, 2 bath, $2500 is on the low side for the area we are looking at and having it come furnished is even rarer. So we thought hey, what a deal! But then the real estate agent wanted us to pay via money order the first month's rent plus the security deposit, which would be $5000 total before even being allowed to view the apartment. Did some sleuthing this morning, asking for payment before getting a tour is a common scam. So yeah I noped out of there.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Husar 

Screw this metoo stuff, this is how things ought to be. Told a friend I once had a dream about having sex with her, all she wanted to know was if she was any good. Not offended ar all, just a good laugh.
    Last edited by Fragony; 12-17-2017 at 23:44.

Blog Entries

Screw this metoo stuff, this is how things ought to be. Told a friend I once had a dream about having sex with her, all she wanted to know was if she was any good. Not offended ar all, just a good laugh.
    Okay, so what happened when you started groping a stranger or a female employee? Did she go "Oh Frags, such a tease" or are you now facing sexual assault charges?

There is a difference. Chatting with a friend is consensual.

Husar 

Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast