Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 1996

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    That's more like 70% hugging and feeling and 30% dancing...
    Rgat is 1% understanding dancing, and hugginh. It is not going to end very well

My spelling sucks as well I see
    Last edited by Fragony; 04-23-2018 at 22:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Rgat is 1% understanding dancing, and hugginh. It is not going to end very well

My spelling sucks as well I see
    Don't confuse taste with understanding.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

BENIGHTED MUSSOLINI

Apparently I'm like the second person in history to come up with that.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Maybe we should trend performatively-tautological greetings.

"Greetings"

That means the greeting is perfectly neutral and we can move on immediately. Pretty awesome, right?

Vernacularize it?

Grits.

Yo, grittles.

?
    Vitiate Man.

Member thankful for this post:

hi should do, among my friends things are a bit more creative though

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Maybe we should trend performatively-tautological greetings.

"Greetings"

That means the greeting is perfectly neutral and we can move on immediately. Pretty awesome, right?

Vernacularize it?

Grits.

Yo, grittles.

?
    Been grading too many mediocre papers today. Thanks for the lol.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

My nephew (sister's boy) is turning into a drag I think. I don't have a problem with these things (anymore) but should it be encouraged just of because, maybe you got it wrong and destroy someone if you support it
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-09-2018 at 13:26.

My nephew (sister's boy) is turning into a drag I think. I don't have a problem with these things (anymore) but should it be encouraged just of because, maybe you got it wrong and destroy someone if you support it
    Don't be scared. It's similar to any costume-based group.
    Vitiate Man.

I think differently nowadays, people can change their minds they are not cemented, hopefully
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-10-2018 at 14:47.

My mother just keeps on living, the son of a bitch. My mother is a son of a bitch.
    -overheard from an old lady on a bus

Last edited by Montmorency; 05-12-2018 at 01:20.
    Vitiate Man.

It's is increasingly comming clear that my mother made a bad decision getting ocelots, these are not housecats. Why do people do that, getting a wild animal and expecting it to be a domesticated one, they aren't. These ocelots of her are friendly but constantly on their toes, anything unexpected scares them

Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Kangerlussuaq doesn't sound much like a Central Asian word, but the Latin-alphabet graffiti marked from the 1990s is pretty suggestive.

The "Marius Olsen-ip Aqq." sign and Royal Arctic container a few steps ahead more so.

Is it supposed to be hard to distinguish the topology or geology? Is the grass the wrong species?

(I wonder if anyone has tried building point-and-click games off Google Street View content.)
    Last edited by Montmorency; 05-23-2018 at 22:13.
    Vitiate Man.

Kangerlussuaq doesn't sound much like a Central Asian word, but the Latin-alphabet graffiti marked from the 1990s is pretty suggestive.
    Indeed, -(su)aq is a quite common ending in many or all inuit languages.

The "Marius Olsen-ip Aqq." sign and Royal Arctic container a few steps ahead more so.

Is it supposed to be hard to distinguish the topology or geology? Is the grass the wrong species?
    I just thought that precise scene that you get when you click the link looked quite similar to certain scenes from Afghanistan (dry land, mountainous, basic road standard, basic bridge).

For a real game, I'd only have a static image and censored out a couple of things, like the road signs.

(I wonder if anyone has tried building point-and-click games off Google Street View content.)
    Like GeoGuessr?
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I just thought that precise scene that you get when you click the link looked quite similar to certain scenes from Afghanistan (dry land, mountainous, basic road standard, basic bridge).
    I wouldn't be able to tell it from parts of the American West, being ignorant and insensate of botanical or geological details.

Like GeoGuessr?
    I mean adventure games.
    Vitiate Man.

I am an actual human idiot.

Or possibly just a coward.

Now I'm gonna have to put myself out there even more just because I was too scared to put myself out there in the first place.

I'm still gonna do it though.

Maybe.
    Wheel down, wheel down to southward! Oh, Gooverooska, go!
    And tell the Deep-Sea Viceroys the story of our woe;
    Ere, empty as the shark's egg the tempest flings ashore,
    The Beaches of Lukannon shall know their sons no more!

Rudyard Kipling, Lukannon

FUCK

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the tokai View Post
    I am an actual human idiot.

Or possibly just a coward.

Now I'm gonna have to put myself out there even more just because I was too scared to put myself out there in the first place.

I'm still gonna do it though.

Maybe.
    The world will move forward with or without you and it won't much care what you do.

Taking an active role for yourself might get you something for yourself, or it might not. Not taking and active role guarantees the 'not' result.

I'd advocate stepping out there despite the fear.

If you ask her and she says 'no,' how are you worse off than never asking?

If you try to make something of yourself and fail are you more greatly harmed than if you'd done nothing but watch things go by?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

I was thinking about some time, whether it took an hour or an hour-and-a-half to walk somewhere.

Then I figured it was confabulation, "I didn't have a phone back then so it's not like I could have known the time."

But I used to wear a watch. I could have checked the time on my watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    The world will move forward with or without you and it won't much care what you do.

Taking an active role for yourself might get you something for yourself, or it might not. Not taking and active role guarantees the 'not' result.

I'd advocate stepping out there despite the fear.
    Interesting how you assumed he was talking about a woman, or romance.

If you ask her and she says 'no,' how are you worse off than never asking?

If you try to make something of yourself and fail are you more greatly harmed than if you'd done nothing but watch things go by?
    Also, if it's a woman she could disembowel him on the spot and all existence down to the horizon would implode to feast on his dust.
    Vitiate Man.

...Interesting how you assumed he was talking about a woman, or romance.

Also, if it's a woman she could disembowel him on the spot and all existence down to the horizon would implode to feast on his dust.
    My hypothetical examples spoke to romance and to personal success respectively.

As to the possibility of evisceration, we are all cherry blossoms anyway.

Interesting how you assumed he was talking about a woman, or romance.
    Well, I was.

It's totally fixable though. I've just managed to manoeuvre myself into a position where I'll probably have to get a third person involved. Which makes things that much more awkward.

Also, if she wanted to disembowel me on the spot I would definitely accept that. No implosions necessary.

Reádding Nutshell by McEwan, Reminder me of Times Arrow as the protagonist is a wondered oberservant. Times Arrow is a must by the way, you Will hard me tot nog fifguring IT yourzelf edit ffs thuis tablet, I AM perfectie capabele of maling mixtapes mysself

Ffs i zo hard thuis tuingereedschap
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-27-2018 at 17:57. Reason: Autodordrechtkous sucks Cock in hell

Quote Originally Posted by the tokai View Post
    Well, I was.

It's totally fixable though. I've just managed to manoeuvre myself into a position where I'll probably have to get a third person involved....
    Careful now, this is the Frontroom (Kingdom of Sweetness and Light), not the tawdry Backroom with its shysters, bloviates, and rapscallions.

Shut it. singing me and my friends do a lot my first name is bas so I have one. My voice is apparantly so loudhat it hurts. I like that
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-30-2018 at 21:43.

Member thankful for this post:

Shut it. singing me and my friends do a lot my first name is bas so I have one. My voice is apparantly so loudhat it hurts. I like that
    This could be copied into the Backroom drunkards thread as well -- not that it does not richly qualify as random thought.

I got an odd mom and that is why I love her , she always listens Ramstein in her superfast BMW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOnSh3QlpbQ

Spain vs Portugal, what a match

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Can we talk about the Morocco vs Iran match though? Both sad and hilarious.

Also I got myself a new and much better job!
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Can we talk about the Morocco vs Iran match though? Both sad and hilarious.

Also I got myself a new and much better job!
    It is sad yes, especially hilarious is how Iran is in the top of the group while they were weaker then Marocco, and obviously not as good as Ronaldo and some Portugese Portugal and Spain

It was sad for the guy, but the way it looks, neither team will progress beyond the group stage anyway.

What was adorable was that Iceland scored its first world cup goal ever and also managed to get a draw against Argentina.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast