Thread: The Time of the Modern Knights: The Masters of the Land

Default The Time of the Modern Knights: The Masters of the Land

The Time of the Modern Knights: The Masters of the Land:

What is this game about?

It is about several empires I have based on...... Whatever you guys want to design who are trying to dominate the known world called TotKni. Each of these empires is big and famous in some way and got good and bad things about them depending on how you design them. In This game you can do ANYTHING you want within reason. You can make fancy regiments, create your own regimental leaders or whatever, create your own military medals and so on and so forth. You can make an excel sheet full of armies and that like I already did (I have it as an example if anyone like to see it for their armies) . Warfare in this game is based on the mid 1800’s so I suggest you study warfare in the World between 1840’s and the early 1870’s if you going to take this game seriously like myself or even just casually. You role play as a individual leading a entire nation.

Every so often I will award an in-game award, an MVP (Most Valuable Player) to the most dedicated, skilled player in this game as well,you'll get an fancy sig to proudly display :)!

Lets have some fun!

Username,Color (on the map), Name of the Nation

Nations:

The Branden-Rutherian Empire (Red color in the map)
    Leader: FoxLeLay /Khan Cashius Knightius
    Based on: France/Prussia/Austria-Hungary
    Population: 62,500,000 people
    Military specialty: Highly skilled generals and troops.
    Military Size: 571,620 troops (125 talers a man)
    Revenue: 90,000,000 talers (75 million in expenses)

The New Viking Kingdom
    Leader: Darth Feather/ Chief Ragnark CXXI
    Based on: Scandinavian vikings
    Population: 15 000 000 people
    Military speciality: Very, very skilled close combat infantry, experts at hiding, and skilled archers (archaic :) ) and line infantry, but almost no cavalry. Generals exist but do not make a lot of difference, my troops can fight well on their own.
    Military size: 200.000 troops
    Military Cost: 50 per men
    Revenue: Let's say I earn like 15 million talers (4 million profit, 11 million in expenses.)

Leader: Basileios XI
    Based on: Byzantine Empire
    Population: 19 million
    Military Specialty: Rapid response forces. Large amount of cheap and weaker levies under the command of thematic generals and a smaller stronger core under the emperor. Byzantium excels in it's elite cavalry. Generals are needed to motivate and lead the troops.
    Military size: 200,000 levies, 30,000 imperial troops.
    Price per man: 55
    Revenue: 35 million talers ( 12,650,000 for troops, rest in revenue)

Leader: Queen Victoria/Prince Albert
    Based on: English Empire
    Population: 40 million
    Military Specialty: Strong navy, a small professional army based on firepower. Some landing holdings elsewhere in the world that can provide troops and material (not included yet in the current population)
    Military size: 60,000 troops
    Price per man: 80 a man
    Revenue: 50 million (4.8 million troops, rest in profits)

Republic of Utopia:
    Leader: Presidente de la France Charles-Louis de Secondat, Baron de La Brède et de Montesquieu
    Population: 100 million
    Military Specialty: Modern Army with a smaller but respectable navy and excellent cavalry.
    Military size: 600,000 troops
    Price per man: 60
    Revenue: 65 million (36,000,000 for troops, rest in profit)

1.FoxLeLay, Red, Branden-Rutherian Empire
    2. Darth Feather/ Brown/ The New Viking Kingdom
    3. rickinator9/Purple/Byzantine Empire
    4. King Kurt/Light Brown/Britannia
    5. Republic of Utopia
    Last edited by FoxLeLay; 06-25-2013 at 01:10.

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Default Re: The Time of the Modern Knights: The Masters of the Land

I kinda like the idea. But I would like a challenge and I will take the brown color.

The New Viking Kingdom
    Military speciality: Very, very skilled close combat infantry, experts at hiding, and skilled archers (archaic :) ) and line infantry, but almost no cavalry. Generals exist but do not make a lot of difference, my troops can fight well on their own.
    Revenu: Let's say I earn like 3 million net. (that is revenue minus expenses.)

I would like to see the excell sheet as well.

Is this within reason? Or do you have some stuff already planned?
    Last edited by Darth Feather; 06-14-2013 at 20:36.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    I kinda like the idea. But I would like a challenge and I will take the brown color.

The New Viking Kingdom
    Revenu: Let's say I earn like 3 million net. (that is revenue minus expenses.)

I would like to see the excell sheet as well.

Is this within reason? Or do you have some stuff already planned?

1. I'll update the map next week when, hopefully, we have a lot more people, but I got you down as the brown ;).

2. Your nation;
    The New Viking Kingdom
    Military Cost: 50 per men
    Revenue: Let's say I earn like 15 million net. (4 million profit, 11 million in expenses.)

All good now :).

3. PM me your e-mail and I'll attached it to you in a e-mail and you can view the whole 82 pages of it..... :)
    Last edited by FoxLeLay; 06-15-2013 at 03:22.

" Hammer of the East" Member King Kurt's Avatar

Thanks for the invite. It will come as no surprise that I would like light brown (England ). As for a name, it must be Britannia . I assume a strong navy, a small professional army based on firepower and a significant Empire around the known world who can provide material and native troops if need be.
    As for a leader, it has to be Victoria, supported by Prince Albert.
    "Some people say MTW is a matter of life or death - but you have to realise it is more important than that"
    With apologies to Bill Shankly

My first balloon - for "On this day in History"

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

I would like to take the Byzantine Empire(Purple):
    Leader: Basileios XI
    Based on: Byzantine Empire
    Population: 19 million
    Military Specialty: Rapid response forces. Large amount of cheap and weaker levies under the command of thematic generals and a smaller stronger core under the emperor. Byzantium excels in it's elite cavalry. Generals are needed to motivate and lead the troops.
    Military size: 200000 levies, 30000 imperial troops.
    Price per man: 55
    Revenue: Host may choose, to balance this empire.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

Although I haven't understood what to do, I decide to pick Green:

Republic of Utopia (Green color in the map)
    Leader: Franconicus /Presidente de la France Charles-Louis de Secondat, Baron de La Brède et de Montesquieu

I assume I have a really bid population with a modern and big army and a big navy.

Updating now. If you want the Excel sheet as an example, shoot me an PM with it!

From King Kurt:

Lot of detail there. Will you be giving us guidelines for size of forces, quality, arms etc.

A few more detailed questions

3 types of cannons – what is the difference?
    Your period will see a range of firearms used – from muzzle loaded muskets through to breech loading repeaters – if the American Civil War is a guide – how do you expect to handle this?
    Different types of cavalry weapon – lance, pistol, carbine, sword etc. – again how?
    Navies – As Britannia, I am very interested in ships, navies etc – what do you have in mind?

1. Just math. One is the overall cannons in my army, 2nd is the "general" strengths of it.
    2. The individual can design the infantry. I will make it that the weaker weapons are cheaper and in later chapters I'll give discounts for troops for this reason. But an point is though, if you using a 3 shot a minute gun .vs. a 8 shot a minute gun, I might save you money, but your men might get murdered out in the field. And the better weapons will be more pricey, but I'll include that in the price of the soldiers now though.
    3. Well it is what it is. I am allowing you the player to decide what type of cav you have. A nation at the time did not have just one time of horseback fighters, so if you want to make an force with all hussars, that's fine. It be great for raiding and that and scouting, just remember if you send them .vs. Dragoons or Curissaiers, they might not do as well because you'll be facing medium/heavy cavalry.
    4. I'll get into that after Chapter 1, but whatever England had around the time of the Crimean War I'll use as an guide, maybe you can help me with this one?

If you want to make an Excel sheet for your land army current or future when you start getting more men, if you already know what you want, you can edit the Excel sheet I gave you to your liking and e-mail back for my records. You can name the commanders and design the units as you wish (within reason).

Also, you guys design the armies. The "quality" at the start will be based on what you based your nation/nations on. If you base your nation on England/France, I will give you a decent force. If you do it on the Turks,however, it won't be so good. But it can become good over the course of the game however.

I thank Darth Feather for sending me his main Excel sheet back so fast! Just remember everyone, there is more then 1 page to it, so don't forget to look at the other tabs to see all the breakdowns!

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Can we give our Divisions Nicknames. For example, I named my first rgt of infantry Odins chosen, the first rgt artillery: The Mjölnir of Midgard.
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Yes! Just send it to me after you done updating it all!

Franconicus is dropping out of the game so his nation is up for grabs if anyone wants to take it!

No one wants to do my game :(.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FoxLeLay View Post
    No one wants to do my game :(.
    I would be willing, if the others are.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Yay :)!