Thread: Very frequent crashes :(

Default Very frequent crashes :(

I have been trying to fix this for the past week but nothing works, they are all battle related CTDs, on starting a battle or ending a battle, they are most often in battles started on ai's turn, when it is trying to break a siege, but crashes on my turn also happen. I hate to stop playing just from CTDs.. posting this to maybe find a solution, This mod is 6-7 years old, this cause of this CTD must have been found by now??

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Very frequent crashes :(

If you're looking for a solution to your problem, you need to provide a lot more information. What platform are you playing on (PC? Mac?), what operating system are you running (XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/etc), did you get RTW via Steam? Where do you have your game installed (if in Program Files, uh oh...)? Which executable are you using (RTW, BI, Alexander)? What version of EB are you playing (1.0, 1.1, 1.2)?

Have you been through the important information, and looked at the frequently encountered issues and verified it's none of those? Do you have all the script fixes installed?

A lot of post-battle CTDs can be avoided by waiting 15-20 seconds after the result message pops up before clicking to go back to the campaign map. Along with not saving before one on the AI's turn.

Most of the causes of problems in EB are due to the vagaries of the RTW engine or your hardware setup, which is beyond the power of the creators of this mod to fix.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 04-18-2014 at 11:12.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Member thankful for this post:

Kull 

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Moving to tech support forum.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    If you're looking for a solution to your problem, you need to provide a lot more information. What platform are you playing on (PC? Mac?), what operating system are you running (XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/etc), did you get RTW via Steam? Where do you have your game installed (if in Program Files, uh oh...)? Which executable are you using (RTW, BI, Alexander)? What version of EB are you playing (1.0, 1.1, 1.2)?

Have you been through the important information, and looked at the frequently encountered issues and verified it's none of those? Do you have all the script fixes installed?
    This is what Im running:
    Win 7 x64, i7 2.6 ghz, 6 GB ram.

The game itself isnt on steam, and not in Program Files, The base game had been modified a long time ago for multiplayer purposes, and was using a no-cd fix as I have my serial key but no cds. so I reinstalled everything and applied the fixes. Played a few turns without crash, although have to try it more to be sure..